• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

CJJ

Established Member
Common sense and "kildekritik", if you've heard about that.
I know what kildekritik is. But you argued and supported celestis comment that we had no legal limitation in this transfer market.

This means the onus is upon YOU to prove you are right, not the other way around. (Thats how debates and reason work)
So if you don't mind i'd like some sources that makes you think we could buy players without regarding the STCC?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I know what kildekritik is. But you argued and supported celestis comment that we had no such limitation in the transfer market.

This means the onus is upon YOU to prove you are right, not the other way around. (Thats how debates and reason work)
So if you don't mind i'd like some sources that makes you think we could buy players without regarding the STCC?

You clearly don't know what it is when you refer to DT and Robbie ffs.

I don't know what Celetis said, I just a good laugh at your sources.

CJJ

Established Member
Last edited:

CJJ

Established Member
@Furious
Hey mate still waiting. Or are you not answering because by now you've realised i just send you a link that you've liked previously?
So you like blog posts like this as factual counter source but apparantly newspapers are up for ridicule? So all i have to do is send you a blog post about STCC and now i'm home safe? :lol:

Or it could simply be that your "kildekritik" applies selectively depending on the person sending and not the actual content of it? :D

I rest my case..

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
@Furious
Hey mate still waiting. Or are you not answering because by now you've realised i just send you a link that you've liked previously?
So you like blog posts like this as factual counter source but apparantly newspapers are up for ridicule? So all i have to do is send you a blog post about STCC and now i'm home safe? :lol:

Or it could simply be that your "kildekritik" applies selectively depending on the person sending and not the actual content of it? :D

I rest my case..

No one is taking you seriously when you think DT and Robbie are credible sources.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

@celestis

Remember when you said there wasn't even a debate regarding my statement about our hands being tied by FFP?
On the podcast both DT and Robbie says we could not spend a dime as well..
Are you gonna say two guys with insider knowledge about the club is also wrong or?

But we have spent a dime mate , we are paying the wages of Denis Suarez and if we had Perisic or Nkunku we'd be paying for them too . We had large player sales from 17/18 that allow us this . Furthermore stcc is not hard to get around and expiring at the end of the season .

CJJ

Established Member
No one is taking you seriously when you think DT and Robbie are credible sources.
Buddy.. this was directed at celestis (not you) in which i've discussed this topic before. I'm not saying DT and Robbie is the only source (note the word "also" ?). If you don't understand the context of my comment ask me or stay quiet as there is no reason to stick your nose where it doesn't belong.

CJJ

Established Member
But we have spent a dime mate , we are paying the wages of Denis Suarez and if we had Perisic or Nkunku we'd be paying for them too . We had large player sales from 17/18 that allow us this . Furthermore stcc is not hard to get around and expiring at the end of the season .
Aaah but that's a different issue. In that conversation earlier you were claiming we had no issue with STCC and there was no debate to be had about that.
Are you now saying we potentially have STCC issues but you'd argue we could still have signed players and simply just get around it?

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Aaah but that's a different issue. In that conversation earlier you were claiming we had no issue with STCC and there was no debate to be had about that.
Are you now saying we potentially have STCC issues but you'd argue we could still have signed players and simply just get around it?

I said , it's wrong that we can't buy because we are able to reinvest player from player sales which was around 120 million in 17/18.

CJJ

Established Member
I said , it's wrong that we can't buy because we are able to reinvest player from player sales which was around 120 million in 17/18.
Thats not exactly what you said. I claimed Özil's contract was a major contributor for us not being able to sign a new player (context being STCC).
You said that's wrong and not up for debate. (page 785 of the Özil page)

So i'll rephrase then as i might have misunderstood you. Are you saying with absolute certainty that Arsenal had no issue with STCC?
If the answer is "no" then surely its "debatable" :) ?

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Buddy.. this was directed at celestis (not you) in which i've discussed this topic before. I'm not saying DT and Robbie is the only source (note the word "also" ?). If you don't understand the context of my comment ask me or stay quiet as there is no reason to stick your nose where it doesn't belong.

Quoting the likes of DT and Robbie is reason enough to voice my opinion. Go back to the drawing board and find better ''sources'', mate.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Thats not exactly what you said. I claimed Özil's contract was a major contributor for us not being able to sign a new player (context being STCC).
You said that's wrong and not up for debate. (page 785 of the Özil page)

So i'll rephrase then as i might have misunderstood you. Are you saying with absolute certainty that Arsenal had no issue with STCC?
If the answer is "no" then surely its "debatable" :) ?

As far as I can see no we don't not in this window .

CJJ

Established Member
Quoting the likes of DT and Robbie is reason enough to voice my opinion. Go back to the drawing board and find better ''sources'', mate.
Sure you can voice your opinion .. but why do you pretend you know what mine is?
If you don't understand the context of a conversation between two people you should ask for clarity or simply stay quiet as you have no idea what they've talked about previously.

Or you can simply assume a bunch of stuff, strawman one of them and pretend you are not being intellectually dishonest. :rolleyes:
I think you know which category you fall under right now.

CJJ

Established Member
As far as I can see no we don't not in this window .
So we have a bunch of information flowing around both supporting and disproving the claim that STCC is the reason we couldn't sign players and your logical conclusion is that you can - with absolute certainty - say that STCC did not affect our ability to sign players this transfer window.?

Thats abit of a stretch..

Jae

Probably true cant see us having a big budget

Neither can I, would have hoped for a little bit more though. If it's going to be that much then we should sell a few players and spend everything on one WC centre back.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Surely potential CL money is not counted in? Also we should be able to ship out some fringe players that may raise the budget more.

Top Bottom