• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Hire Headhunting Company To Recruit Scouts

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Cause our scouting system has been a freaking joke for a while already, the golden generation for France arrives and yet we were left out from getting any piece of the pie. This post from reddit goes more into depth:
That's really interesting. Edu doesn't do himself any favours with his lack of public profile at the club. He needs to come out and articulate what he is trying to achieve. And do it well, not with a load of management waffle.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The piece from reddit is an interesting read. But! Whatever scouting system Edu is pushing to achieve, it better deliver considerable results 'soon'. The Club is no longer in Champions League. Actually the club is not even in Europa League this coming season. We as fans cannot wait for another 12-24 months for Edu's idea to be working. Edu new system has to be working very very soon. Although the Lokonga and Tavares news are encouraging, truth is the Club cannot afford another aging player on high payroll such as Willan. A 32-year old attacker who is on 8M per year and only finally scored his first league goal after 34 games?! This case of recruitment would deserve a vey serious review. I wonder how Willian's wages is being structured. Judging by how reluctant he is not willing to put a foot in, he must have incentives to stay injury-free in order to get more money.

I am fine with Edu's notion to 'modernize' Arsenal's scouting system with the help of StatDNA and technologies. Yet a modernized scouting system delivers little in a club of the size of Arsenal without CL/EL will not sustain long, especially given the impact of Pandemic. I do not buy into that view of agency-based scouting that kind of BS. It's just a convenient excuse. Edu's route seems quite different to that of Sven Mislintat. Sven has his contacts in Europe. Edu has little so he has to rely on agents' input. And so far his lacking of in this aspect has cost the club a lot.

I recall that Iven Gazidis was looking to the recruitment model of Leicester City. The club also recruited one of Leicester's UK-based scouts in hope to identify another Vardy in lower leagues. Now several seasons after where are our new Kante, Vardy, Mahrez? In all, whatever Edu's trying to archive, he better delivers soon, both in terms of sporting and financial return. Otherwise, I won't be sadden to see him and Mikel to leave.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I read that Reddit article but it’s largely nonsense tbh.

Another attempt to leave the blame of the demise of the club at the feet of Wenger, when in reality what he implemented everyone does now. Then topped off with “trust the process”. I could poke so many holes in that article but my post will turn into pages.

Furthermore how can we forget the dreaded 17 transfer window with Xhaka and pals? Yes they were signed under Wenger’s watch, but guess what? It was 2020/21 season and some of them were still here and Wenger left years ago - so who’s to blame for that? This current regime let Jude Bellingham slip through their fingers don’t forget that.

Never read such nonsense in my life really.

akhil

I read that Reddit article but it’s largely nonsense tbh.

Another attempt to leave the blame of the demise of the club at the feet of Wenger, when in reality what he implemented everyone does now. Then topped off with “trust the process”. I could poke so many holes in that article but my post will turn into pages.

Furthermore how can we forget the dreaded 17 transfer window with Xhaka and pals? Yes they were signed under Wenger’s watch, but guess what? It was 2020/21 season and some of them were still here and Wenger left years ago - so who’s to blame for that? This current regime let Jude Bellingham slip through their fingers don’t forget that.

Never read such nonsense in my life really.

Yeah the current lot aren't any better but the old scouting staff missed an extremely talented generation from France, Wenger's home turf while we ended up with Sanogo. The last value for money gem we picked up under Wenger was Monreal way back in January 2013. Since then the only signings that have punched above their weight has been Holding and Martinelli. The contracts mess we've been dealing with for years is on Wenger and Gazidis as well, we're still not out of it 3 years later. The current lot just prolonged that mess with the Willian, Cedric and Runnarson. Thank god Bellingham didn't come here, he would've been sent on loan to Millwall or something cause he doesn't pass back enough.

Regarding the '17 transfer window, Perez was shifted asap cause he at least wanted to play. Mustafi's been transfer listed every summer since and there weren't any takers. Xhaka's been a favorite of every manager here despite his shortcomings. This club as a whole has ignored the midfield position for the last decade. Xhaka and Partey are the only players we've spent properly on in that position in nearly a decade.

It's been a clusterfuck since Wenger left which is very much on the Kroenke's and leaving Raul incharge for those 18 months after Gazidis caused a lot more pain.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah the current lot aren't any better but the old scouting staff missed an extremely talented generation from France, Wenger's home turf while we ended up with Sanogo. The last value for money gem we picked up under Wenger was Monreal way back in January 2013.
I don't share this entitlement that we are supposed to have the best French players I'm afraid.

Think a lot of the whinging is bullocks and whilst we have made some bad signings, I don't think they have been as terrible as the fan base make out in my honest opinion. I also think a lot of the players we bemoan would have been gems had they gone Leicester or Dortmund instead or something.

akhil

I don't share this entitlement that we are supposed to have the best French players I'm afraid.

Think a lot of the whinging is bullocks and whilst we have made some bad signings, I don't think they have been as terrible as the fan base make out in my honest opinion. I also think a lot of the players we bemoan would have been gems had they gone Leicester or Dortmund instead or something.

Not an entitlement or anything, but when our modus operandi for the longest time was to scout the best young talent and develop them, to not able acquire a single one over the course of a decade seems negligent more than anything. We got complacent on our own previous success.

Regarding transfers, there were mistakes for sure, every club has them but the lack of corrective action is what's frustrating, by both the Wenger and the post Wenger regimes. There's gross negligence from the club regarding CM and CB's for the longest time. And now we're almost over correcting regarding CBs.

GunnerUK

Didn’t we recruit a scout from Leicester City about 18 months ago. Who was responsible for finding players like Vardy, Kante ect…

That’s one thing about Leicester City they’re on a different level when it’s comes to scouting talent well better then Southampton.

one of the reasons we got rid of Eagle eye (forgot his name, the German guy) was because his scouting was pretty much established young players who were already on everybody’s radar and didn’t come cheap.

GunnerShy

Didn’t we recruit a scout from Leicester City about 18 months ago. Who was responsible for finding players like Vardy, Kante ect…

That’s one thing about Leicester City they’re on a different level when it’s comes to scouting talent well better then Southampton.

one of the reasons we got rid of Eagle eye (forgot his name, the German guy) was because his scouting was pretty much established young players who were already on everybody’s radar and didn’t come cheap.
If you mean Sven Mlinstat, we didn't "get rid of him". He left.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cause our scouting system has been a freaking joke for a while already, the golden generation for France arrives and yet we were left out from getting any piece of the pie. This post from reddit goes more into depth:
Total boll*cks. Lets blame Wenger for this mess. Arsène was against StatDNA, a model championed & purchased by Gazidis.When Arsène wanted Griezmann from Sociedad, Gazidis said StatDNA showed he wasn't worth it, yet Gabriel, Elneny, Xhaka and Mustafi were?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Well somethings got to give with why we dropped out the top 4 and kept going down lower. I said it before regardless of Wenger, Emery or Arteta there's only a certain level we can reach with the quality of players we have and it's been proven right.

The signings are worse than the fanbase make it out to be tbh, transfers are meant to make you better not worse/stagnant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom