• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Hire Headhunting Company To Recruit Scouts

akhil

When have Liverpool and Sp**s ever signed good young players or good left field signings? In the last 20 years?

Chelsea too, sign 2 million kids, some make it some don’t. Their first team is mainly top signings.

Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Joe Gomez, Andy Robertson, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Andreas Christensen.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It literally makes no difference how or why you end up with a scout ffs, so long as the one you get is good.

OnlyOne is right here. It's good we are getting scouts back. Our signings under Arteta and Edu have been beyond terrible. Most of these signings are just money laundering with Kia. Gabriel has been bad overall. Partey is not what we expected. Arteta wanted Auorar, Edu wanted Partey. It has been bad.

You only hope the new scouts are ordered from Tim Lewis and we are trying to take some control away from Edu and Arteta in this regard.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Joe Gomez, Andy Robertson, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, Andreas Christensen.
The odd player here or there then? Not like Leicester who for 6/7 years seem to have a model that consistently churns out very good talent and very reasonable prices.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Maybe off topic, but Liverpool and Sp**s spending over the past 20-30 years has maybe been the worst in the league. Even Utd since Ferguson haven’t purchased well as before.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
All I care about are the guys who told us not to sign Kante. I know that was Grimendi but the entire scouting department should be sacked. Guilty by association idc.
I think it was Grimandi in 2013 or 14, but in 2016 the Times said it was an issue with his agent demanding a huge fee.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can't believe this has to be spelled out to people. Look at this ****ing fiasco, ffs. We literally have no footballing people at the club.

Convinced Edu checked out a Management in Football eBook online, but didn't want to pay for the full course.
I mean if there’s no footballing people at the club then the right thing to do is hire the footballing people no?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I like that Grimandi was such a **** scout, that people don't even give him the dignity of spelling his name correctly...deserves it, tbh.

No matter what you think, he should definitely have been sacked...us missing out on pretty much every good French player in the 2010s, was ridiculous...at that point, we were everyone's second team in that country ffs!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wasn’t that the reason why he went to Chelsea instead of us?
Yeah, they threw a load of money at his agent and that's how the deal got done. Always thought the "Wenger chose Xhaka over Kante" narrative was unfair since that wasn't what happened.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
You would hope that this headhunting company will also be scouting a new manager and technical director, no?
Well you'd think so.

Maybe Vinai is leading the operation so he can save his own skin, him edu and arteta should all be gone, but i rest my case. With these owners impossible.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I mean if there’s no footballing people at the club then the right thing to do is hire the footballing people no?

Meant it more at C and VP levels., the bad optics is that Edu literally told everyone that he wanted less people to work with, a StatDNA + video analysis approach and we're now doing a U-turn.

This is just one of them things that should've been set in motion before january so that we could actually start reaping fruits from it much earlier.

akhil

The odd player here or there then? Not like Leicester who for 6/7 years seem to have a model that consistently churns out very good talent and very reasonable prices.

The odd gem is where the scouts value increase though. The 5 million signing who's worth 50 a couple of years later is where the money's made. Martinelli if he improves could be worth 40-50 million if he has injury free development. Guendouzi was that before 2020 happened.

Ndidi, Kante, Mahrez, McGuire and Maddison. I wouldn't call the rest left field. They've spent plenty of money too. They basically mug the big clubs while selling. The best value for money signing they've done is Vardy probably and Evans more recently.

They did nothing between the title and Rodgers taking over in terms of league finishes. Vardy's slowing down and how they replace him will matter more.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You would hope that this headhunting company will also be scouting a new manager and technical director, no?

Would be kinda funny if the club instructed Edu, to instruct the headhunting company, to find his replacement.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I like that Grimandi was such a **** scout, that people don't even give him the dignity of spelling his name correctly...deserves it, tbh.

No matter what you think, he should definitely have been sacked...us missing out on pretty much every good French player in the 2010s, was ridiculous...at that point, we were everyone's second team in that country ffs!
Grimandi went for Giroud and Yaya Sanogo while Mbappe and Coman were just chilling there.

RunTheTrap

I
I get what you're saying but bigger clubs tend to go for the bigger names. A club like Leicester HAD to go for rough gems.

RunTheTrap

I for one is quite pleased that we're using a third party to rebuild our scouting department. I think its better than trusting Arteta and I don't want us to fall into nepotism just buddy up with agents again. At least, we are venturing to new domains.

Top Bottom