• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Kit Thread: Adidas Deal Rumoured

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Only the players should wear the slim-fit....or fit women. Anyone else seen wearing them would deserve a sound thrashing IMO.

evoh_1

Established Member
waiting to see 20 st gooners on holloway road with a massive beer guy in a slim line arsenal kit like that senegal one from the olympics.

DontPushMe

The Jury said:
Only the players should wear the slim-fit....or fit women. Anyone else seen wearing them would deserve a sound thrashing IMO.
Bro, do you even lift?

In all honestly, i'd love the slim ones. I wear most of my clothes slim fitting.

viper_001

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/--CdA8IhE6Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/--CdA8IhE6Q</a>

Haha remember the Barclays fan of India contest winner? Everyone was laughing at his fake Arsenal kit with a Puma logo... but this whole time, he knew. :lol:

Godwin1

Very well-known
Awesome news if it's true! Even more profit for the board!

Seriously though, lets wait for this to be confirmed and then lets see if we spend any money this summer.

VAVAVOOM 14

Aesthetically Puma is not my favorite sports brand. I would've preferred Adidas as far as style and stature go. Greatest sports brand of all time.

However, the money being offered by Puma is obviously superior so I can't really complain.

Nike kits haven't been worth **** all since the 04/05 season anyway.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i wouldnt be shocked if the deal is worth £30m x 5, and we get a £20m bonus up front. that would be the £170m

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool signed a deal worth 25m a year so us getting a 30m+ deal is market value right now
In a couple of years this will look a bargain

Warship

DontPushMe said:
The Jury said:
Bro, do you even lift?

In all honestly, i'd love the slim ones. I wear most of my clothes slim fitting.

Yeah I do as well - even if not in the greatest shape slim fit has a slimming look (for most anyway there is a limit).. either way people can always just order a size up.

Le Professeur

Established Member
VAVAVOOM 14 said:
Aesthetically Puma is not my favorite sports brand. I would've preferred Adidas as far as style and stature go. Greatest sports brand of all time.

However, the money being offered by Puma is obviously superior so I can't really complain.

Nike kits haven't been worth **** all since the 04/05 season anyway.

Wowowowow... Forgot about this one?

Z_arsenal495322176105.jpg

I mean... That kit cray. My all-time favourite.

gun__1296028662_ipswich25012011_2.jpg

arsenal_5F00_away0910_5F00_fabregas_5F00_best.jpg

new-arsenal-third-kit-eduardo.jpg

Those ones were things of absolute beauty as well.

k24bfan

Puma I bet has been looking to jump in and get a club to get their brand to grow. They offered a bit more I bet because they are trying to get into a market where Adidas and Nike are king. Good move by the club to get themselves in a good situation and take advantage. Getting Nike into a bidding war and losing boost up that price most probably. Hopefully more partnership deals are to come and the club can spend big and bring glory.

Anzac

Established Member
HUGE deal if true.

At last our much hyped over priced commercial team get something right after 5 years - just don't rest on your laurels & make this a start & not the climax.

jerome2158

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
Liverpool signed a deal worth 25m a year so us getting a 30m+ deal is market value right now
In a couple of years this will look a bargain

liverpool's deal is exaggerated in significance

Warrior-owned by New Balance.

New Balance-HUUUUUUGE deals with Fenway Sports Management (FSM) who own liverpool and the Boston Red Sox, and have had deals with the sox for years.

LFC's deal was part of a package type thing wherein FSM was helping out their old friend NB by giving them a huge entry point into the football market. It was never a fair market or bidding war.

This deal would be absolutely massive for us. I think it would also be a relaunch for puma. They aren't quite at the same tier as Adidas or Nike within football, and definitely not within English football which is a huge market. If they pick up a big club, such as ourselves, and it works out well...they can build from there and no longer sponsor the newcastles and tottenhams of the world.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Correct me if I'm wrong, but IF this rumour was true, the deal wouldn't kick in until Summer 2014, because the current deal with Nike runs until then, right?
Which means we won't have that much money to spend this summer.

Top Bottom