Arsenal Legends past and present

Discussion in 'Arsenal History' started by DJ_Markstar, Dec 2, 2019.

1. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Apologies if there is a similar thread but I couldn't quite find what I was looking for...

My aim is for this thread to be a sort of compilation of Arsenal legends doing their stuff both at Arsenal and at other clubs before or since their Arsenal days. Inspired by this video:

I always had it in my mind that Henry was a god at Arsenal and then his level slipped a bit at Barca before he left in 2010 but I thought I'd double check...and boy was I wrong :lol:

The guy was retardedly good at everything bar possibly heading the ball. Pace? Check. Dribbling? Check. Off the ball runs? Check. Finishing from literally any situation? Check. Elite first touch? Check. I could go on...

Also of note, he played in the same front line as Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Messi FFS :lol: Imagine being a defender and seeing that forward line :facepalm:

albakos and Riou like this.
  2. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Still think their 2009 team is their best, over any that came after it...was heartbroken when Henry left, but was happy he got his Champions League...wish it was with us though.

Was still a superb player after leaving us, just not as good as his peak with us.

albakos, krackpot and DJ_Markstar like this.
  3. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

That team with Etoo, Henry and Messi was one of the most OP teams in history.

Riou likes this.
  4. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Can't think of a great many footballers better than prime Arsenal Henry.

Here's a link

Riou likes this.
  5. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Henry had an all-time career, even scored the main goal in the greatest football ad of all time!

DasBootist likes this.
  6. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

7. HollyCopter

HollyCopter New Member

The best two are Henry and Van Persie. So happy that I've witnessed how they played

8. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

...one of my fav matches as a Arsenal fan, and in my opinion our most impressive victory of our 2006 Champions League run.

The Madrid games were great, but looking at that Real Madrid team, I would always back us, their defence was very suspect...you had a very young Ramos (who Henry destroyed in both games) and a VERY injury prone Woodgate that was one quick turn from being out for the season (which I think actually happened to him in the first leg!) they had some top forwards, but not a truly top Real Madrid team from pre and post 2006...Thomas Gravesen was their DM for goodness sake :lol:

The players that appeared against us over the two legs for Juventus were...Buffon, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Chiellini, Vieira, Nedved, Emerson, Camoranesi, Mutu, Del Piero, Trezeguet and Ibra...some real top players, all over the pitch, and we beat them over the two legs pretty convincingly...was so proud of our players after this game...

...extra, Cesc's performance that day...up against two top quality CMs, one being our best ever central midfielder...Cesc was just quality.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  9. MD3 Gunner

MD3 Gunner Well-Known Member

Can confirm Peter Osgood was a gooner.. Even the king of stamford bridge was a gooner.. We simply run London

Riou likes this.