• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Legends past and present

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
ExzgLx3W8AE2ZpT

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
hmm, in my opinion it would be good if we had a player this good again. Someone should tell Arteta to find a player like this.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
A player that is not necessarily a favourite player of mine. This player I see as a Legend for what he had achieved at the Club.
David O' Leary made 722 appearances for Arsenal, and spent 18 years at the Club. David started off in the Arsenal Youth Team.
He made 68 appearances for the Republic of Ireland.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Was reading up on some Arsenal history and was surprised to see that we have only had 19 (nineteen) permanent managers since 1897. That is just unreal. That is 124 years and 6.5 years on average.

Since 1991 Chelsea have had 20 managers and Tottenham 17 managers since 1991...

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Been watching Henry and Bergkamp goal comps today, makes you think wtf happend to us!!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Was reading up on some Arsenal history and was surprised to see that we have only had 19 (nineteen) permanent managers since 1897. That is just unreal. That is 124 years and 6.5 years on average.

Since 1991 Chelsea have had 20 managers and Tottenham 17 managers since 1991...
We were never sacking club. Support the manager. I wanted Rioch out, and there was no choice for Emery since he had lost the dressing room.

I don't remember much of the Howe and Burtenshaw years, only that we were ****e.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Absolutely love this op-doc featuring Bob Wilson about the psychology of the goalkeeper position.
I bumped into Bob Wilson once in the stairwell at Highbury. It was after the league game vs Liverpool that was sandwiched between the two Champions Leauge games against them when they knocked us out.

He was absolutely fuming at Wengers team selection :lol:

BergkampLivesOn

Just joined & not sure if I'm posting in the right section but I seem to have few privileges posting elsewhere. I'm hoping the editor will come to my aid...
I make Highbury models-to cut to the chase. A former season ticket holder at the old ‘playground’ I now make stadium models to order… TBH I got the idea after searching online for a Highbury model without luck. So decided to build one for myself. So pleased with the result I built another with realistic modifications. Then another… My website has photographs and contact information. To avoid any copyright issues the stadium models will not have sticker naming but an alphabet sticker pad is included. I hope this link will not be deleted by the editor. Thanks.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is quite mad, given how often this lineup is shared you'd think they played at least 25-30 games together, like the Leicester 15-16 side or something similar but the reality is shocking. I suppose it showed how important underlooked players like Edu were or even Reyes and Wiltord considering they were more pivotal than people actually realise.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is quite mad, given how often this lineup is shared you'd think they played at least 25-30 games together, like the Leicester 15-16 side or something similar but the reality is shocking. I suppose it showed how important underlooked players like Edu were or even Reyes and Wiltord considering they were more pivotal than people actually realise.

Yeah I think Bergkamp couldn’t really start all that regularly by then.

I always seem to Wiltord playing loads of games back then. Still mad though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah I think Bergkamp couldn’t really start all that regularly by then.

I always seem to Wiltord playing loads of games back then. Still mad though.

I think Reyes was starting a lot too once he came in January. It's kinda weird tho maybe it's the Mandela effect but people always talk about Bergkamp's importance to that team when in reality maybe he wasn't *as* important as people remember.

I have the invincibles DVD and now that I think about it I do remember Edu and Wiltord especially in basically every game.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah Edu and Parlour played a load of games that season. I remember Vieira being injured for a while around mid season.

One of the crazier stats of that season is that only Henry and Pires scored over 5 goals in the league. Thinking back it feels like the goals where spread out a lot more than they where but just shows how those two in particular where on absolute fire.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Our squads were always pretty stacked at Highbury, bar the last season when it was a little thin, especially in midfield...so not really that surprised about that stat from the invincible season, I trusted all our players back then.

Still think our 2002 team is our best ever though, it just about shades it for me.

Top Bottom