Arsenal Mania Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by Mr Wolf, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC8

RC8 New Member Elite

Re: Arsenal-Mania Appreciation Thread

There's only roughly 700 people allowed to post in the main forum, though. This number is always increasing, but we don't want this forum to turn into a RAWK/Red Cafe kind of monster... we want to keep it more like a community where people actually put thought into what they are saying before they write.

There's thousands of Lobby members keeping that area of the forum alive.

2. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

Dunno what I'd do without this forum. Probably would have a far better rounded social life, but who wants one of thems eh?? ;)

3. alboots101

alboots101 Well-Known Member

i have got to ditto that...cant sing its praises high enough.....didn`t know the internet could do this to a person...yeah yeah i`ve played games till six in the morning since the amiga 500 came out.....but no game has rocked my virtual world like this place.

4. Lord Dula

I think once you've tried this place you're hooked for life Albs

5. ricky1985

ricky1985 Well-Known Member Elite

Spending years of his life glued to Arsenal-Mania has never done Dules any harm. He looks happy as larry in this picture he posed for last week. Looking sharp Dules.

[​IMG]

6. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

Sweet printer. Vin-tage.

7. Lord Dula

Yup nothing like a sweet Marlboro whilst searching through Mania.

8. alboots101

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.walyou.com/img/bra-keyboard.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.walyou.com/img/bra-keyboard.jpg</a>

thats mine.

damn i read up on how to get the image to appear.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have close to 20000 members but a large number of that are inactive and accounts haven't been deleted as they might come back at some stage.

10. farrukh

farrukh New Member

Lord Chong; any chance of adding a cooling off period for new members? After every defeat against teams which contain a high percentage of scum (i.e. Manure last night); we get a whole load of new users spamming the lobby.

Or maybe just a period that they can't post anything for the first 12-24 hours after signing up.

I think with a 12-24 hour cool off period; it'll deter them from spamming the beloved lobby.

11. Rain Dance

Rain Dance Well-Known Member Trusted

don't know if that's good though, if you signed up to a forum and the notice said

"Not allowed to post until 24 hours activation period"

That would suck big time

Anyway, this is one hell of an addictive forum... risked my job for the last 2.5 years and I have been on the job for 3 years :)

12. farrukh

farrukh New Member

Well even 12 hours would do! It'd stop chumps signing up and hurling abuse all over the show.

13. bradleywalrus

bradleywalrus New Member

even 2 hours would work, I think that one is a good idea

14. jerome2158

jerome2158 New Member

a lot of people join specifically to ask or answer 1 question though or just to throw in their bit in a thread, so having the waiting period might not attract them in. I think most join for 1 reason, then get addicted and never leave

15. alboots101

I dont know what you mean!

16. Voldemort

Voldemort New Member

I second that,a very nice idea to keep the lobby clean during matches.

17. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

More moderators could to the job. lobby moderators.

18. amulya

amulya New Member

I just would like to thank all the moderators and the users of this beautiful forum, that acts like an invisible red thread that links the Arsenal fans all over the world. It's nice, when you are abroad (in a grecian isle for example), to take 10 minutes of rest from the beach, to go to an internet point, to connect, and to hear the last from yor mates like Mostarac, Leonardo and all the others. It's like a familiar club!

19. the_ranger

the_ranger New Member

well done the arsenal watching yous do the c****c at the midden superb away support all the best the gunners.glasgow rangers

20. jamesroo

jamesroo New Member

Well put sir. We showed them how to play football and how to make an atmosphere as well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.