• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal-Mania's Fantasy Football 13/14

Giroud

Established Member
I've gone for Negredo, Van Wolfswinkel and Agbonlahor up front. Negredo was scoring a lot during preseason and had a good end to last season while Van Wolfswinkel scored a good bit in a ****e Sporting side. He'll get goals at Norwich. Anyone had a punt on Anelka or Vydra?

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Yup, real tough to pick players that'll get you goals, tried to fit in RVP despite his price tag as he's as close to a guaranteed 20+ goals as you can get but I just can't get it to work. Closest I can come is him plus Darren Bent, who at £6 million might be worth a gamble as I wouldn't be surprised if he grabs a decent amount of goals for Fulham. Then I could still add Lambert who should rack up plenty of points too but the price at £7.5 million seems a bit steep tbh.

At the moment I'm more inclined to just go with Negredo, Soldado & Benteke. Decisions, decisions.

mo50

Established Member
You pick 2 top players and the rest of your squad is rubbish :lol:

Looking through the list of defenders I realize how many poor ones there are in the PL.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Everton have been playing a variation of 352/5 at the back (much as Martinez employed at Wigagn) in pre season such as against Juventus etc.
As such I believe that Coleman is particularly good value(5.0million) and Baines if you can afford him.

Giroud

Established Member
I've got Coleman. 5m sounds like a good deal for a defender who should get a good few clean sheets and some assists.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
6y8Mx8w.jpg

Bit of gamble with Bony up front, Gabby Agbonlahor & Berbatov might have been safer (and cheaper) options but I can see the Ivorian getting off to a fast start. Really, really good player from what I've seen from him at Vitesse.

mo50

Established Member
Mignolet was a great choice, I picked him too.

RvP should be in every team. Guaranteed points almost every week. I made him captain and earned 24 points.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Damn it, I changed Mignolet to Guzan last minute because Aston Villa was playing twice.

Never going to pick RVP. Against my principles even in fantasy football

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I dumped Nolan and Coleman in favour of Koscielny and Wilshere, that ended up being a great decision :lol:

Oh well, I still expect the Chelsea boys to score some good points, maybe Soldado too.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Sitting 4th at present, Paulinho and Walker playing today and Zabaleta still to play.

I made a rookie mistake and left Arteta in the team

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Shocking first day, it wasn't helped by replacing Mert with Kos at the last second, Utd conceding late and Zaha not even playing. I still have 5 players left to play though.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
dm2m44.png

I picked quite a few ****s with Van Judas being number one so I feel happier knowing they'll flop. Unfortunately the realist of me comes out that made me pick them to begin with :(

I've picked 4 set piece takers in Lambert(hasn't ever missed a pen for Southampton), Van Judas, De Guzman (replacing Ramirez because he's injured right now), Baines.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Dokaka, tried to inbox you but it keeps coming up with an error.

I'm playing fantasy football but with a drafting system, so players can only play for one team.

I picked up Ravel Morrison based on what I read about his pre-season form, but considering he started on the bench on Saturday, I'm contemplating trading him for Ross Barkley.

Do you think Morrison will get much game time this season?

MDGoonah41

Established Member
people, you should really change your team name to be your A-M name. so we know who is who and can congratulate/mock accordingly

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
people, you should really change your team name to be your A-M name. so we know who is who and can congratulate/mock accordingly

I would but I'm in half a dozen other leagues so the majority wins.

Maybe alter the opening post to include everyone's team name and username?

I'm "We Go Again" fwiw.

Top 30, but I essentially have 6 players left to play given the City game tonight and our game vs Chelsea on Wednesday. Including my captain :)

fabo

6.51 / 10
I got 53 pts so far with Zabaleta + 3 Chelsea players still to go. Really need something from Hazard, Lukaku against Villa. But I don't think I'll be keeping Lukaku anyway, won't play every week. Will go for Bony or Sturridge/Benteke as a replacement.

Defenders have saved my week so far with Mignolet, Kolo & Terry getting the pts. Also had bloody Whittaker on the bench who got a goal and an assist + bonus which is annoying but there's no way I would have started him.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
fabo said:
I got 53 pts so far with Zabaleta + 3 Chelsea players still to go. Really need something from Hazard, Lukaku against Villa. But I don't think I'll be keeping Lukaku anyway, won't play every week. Will go for Bony or Sturridge/Benteke as a replacement.

Defenders have saved my week so far with Mignolet, Kolo & Terry getting the pts. Also had bloody Whittaker on the bench who got a goal and an assist + bonus which is annoying but there's no way I would have started him.
Eerily similar to me :D

I've also got 53 points with Hazard Lukaku and Zabaleta to play again (although I also have Dzeko and Benteke) and am thinking of getting rid of Lukaku. As you said, not enough of a cert to start every game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom