• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Player problems.

Spork

Established Member
Hey people, I've come across a problem with Arsenal Player today, I jumped on this morning all ready to watch the Cologne game, and I successfully watched the first half, however I then went off and had breakfast and my computer went to sleep, then when I got back and booted my PC up once more there was some error message on the second half video. Now no videos on AP will work at all, they just sit there without loading at all.

So far what I have tried;

-Reloading the video
-Restarting my PC
-Different browser (tried both IE and Firefox 5)
-Uninstalling and re-installing Flash
-Raging

None of the above has worked so far, and I'm not sure what to do now as re installing my browser surely can't be a fix as it doesn't work on two different types of browsers.

Rather annoying.

Here is a screenshot of what I see.

<a class="postlink" href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/appwh.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/appwh.jpg/</a>

If I clear out my cookies then it just makes me log back in again and I am faced with the same problems.

Has anyone else had any issues with this, or possibly any random suggestions which may work?

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Facing the same problems today.
I can select whatever video I want, but it doesn't load, just a black screen.

Have no clue how it could work again, apart from waiting until tomorrow.

Spork

Established Member
I'll send them an email, see if I get a good reply, and I'll post it up here for everyone else having the same problem.

Kenyonhater

I'm having the same problem. No videos will load, I just get the black screen like the screenshot above. Kind of relieved it's not just me but bloody frustrating all the same. They're clearly having issues with dealing with the increased volume of traffic now that it's open to all members. The least they could do is put up an apolgy on arsenal.com and a message that it's being worked on - they must be aware of it. :x

I've e-mailed them at arsenalplayer@arsenal.co.uk and left a message on 0208 485 9444. I suggest everyone follow suit.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Until that problem occured, I've just faced problems with the quality of the videos, but didn't bother that much tbh.

Now, that it doesn't work entirely for me anymore, I'm going to react to it.
Thanks for posting the important numbers, Kenyonhater.

Spork

Established Member
O.K, so I sent them a modified version of the original post, and got this reply about 12 hours ago.

Hi,
Thank you for your recent telephone call/email regarding our new and exciting service, Arsenal Player. We apologise if you were having problems viewing video content, we have been experiencing some technical issues on the site. However you should now be able to log in and view all video content on the Arsenal player. We apologise once again for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,
Arsenal media group

And yes, indeed it does work now.

Happy to know that it wasn't something on my end.

Spork

Established Member
Has anyone had any problems with Arsenal Player's buffering? Or more, the fact that it is non-existent?

I find it near impossible to watch most videos as every 10 seconds it stops, buffers for a few seconds, then plays and lasts 10 seconds then buffers again.

Even if I pause the video for a long time, it still never seems to buffer (hardly) at all.

Top Bottom