• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Plus!

Andrew

I'm seriously thinking of getting an annual subscription to Arsenal Plus! Just want to know peoples opinions of it? Can you download every single goal scored by Arsenal? Also pre-match and post-match conferences? All sorts of interviews etc.? Is the live coverage at reliable? Those friendly matches at the start of the season (ie. against Celtic and Rangers), were they shown live on Arsenal Plus!? And I are there different levels, because I thought there were different levels you could get.

Anyway, I think it will be especially handy seeing I don't live in the UK and coverage of interviews and stuff is very thin here. But just want some opinions before I fork out my $100 AUD.

Aussie

Established Member
I live in australia and i can not get it very frusterating as some times it would be the only way i can see the goals

Andrew

Aussie said:
I live in australia and i can not get it very frusterating as some times it would be the only way i can see the goals

What do you mean? Is the connection bad or you don't have it?

Aussie

Established Member
It said it wasnt availiable for people in my region all though it was a while ago might have changed or i may have read it wrong. Any way i cant afford it as i am only fifteen and my mom wont give me her credit card probably wise

Andrew

Aussie said:
It said it wasnt availiable for people in my region all though it was a while ago might have changed or i may have read it wrong. Any way i cant afford it as i am only fifteen and my mom wont give me her credit card probably wise

I'm pretty sure it's available worldwide. I can go to the "upgrade" but and enter in payment details and all. So it must be available to Aussies now.

But I don't really care about the quality of the commentary, goals and interviews etc. But what I don't want is the commentary to lag for example. But even if it did I might still sign up, because it's better than nothing.

Aussie

Established Member
I spent quite sometime trying to guess peoples username and password didnt work though

Jinn

Established Member
The live audio feeds were actually about 5 seconds slower than the chat last night, according to VCC.

Andrew

bobbypires said:
I got it and it's ok. But you can only download the goals.

Yes, but you can view the interviews and stuff still though can't you?

And I wouldn't really care if the live audio feed was 5 minutes slow, I would just make sure I wasn't following the game another way.

lewdikris

Established Member
If it's the only option available then get it, basically.

It's ok, but I find it ****ing annoying. The lag on the audio is pitiful, and the commentator's a bit of a dickhead. Unless you have a fullspeed broadband connection you'll struggle with the match highlights - although downloading old goals is cool.

O, and you get Amy Lawrence's column, knocked off in 5 minutes on the way to her proper job at the Observer.

Adam

Established Member
If you want to get Arsenal goals and audio online then there is no other choice than the official Arsenal.com service.

Is it quality? Sound can be muffled, Interviews are good though. Live match video isn't actually a video stream really. It's more like a bunch of match picture stills, perhaps one given every 5 seconds.

The downloads of video are good quality.

bobbypires

Established Member
Adam said:
Live match video isn't actually a video stream really. It's more like a bunch of match picture stills, perhaps one given every 5 seconds.
I can see the pictures every second or 2 seconds.

Andrew

Adam said:
If you want to get Arsenal goals and audio online then there is no other choice than the official Arsenal.com service.

Is it quality? Sound can be muffled, Interviews are good though. Live match video isn't actually a video stream really. It's more like a bunch of match picture stills, perhaps one given every 5 seconds.

The downloads of video are good quality.

Yes, but didn't the pre season Rangers and Celtic friendlies have live video? And the picture stills, what are they like? Are they actually pictures of the coverage? Because that could be cool.

Jinn

Established Member
Have you checked out the quality of the free videos Andrew? The Arsenal Plus one's are exactly the same quality.

You'd also be able to see Carling Cup goals, which we don't usually get over here.

bobbypires

Established Member
There's no video coverage. There are picture after picture every second. I'd prefer video.I don't know if somebody on his computer can view the match.

Andrew

Jinn said:
Have you checked out the quality of the free videos Andrew? The Arsenal Plus one's are exactly the same quality.
You'd also be able to see Carling Cup goals, which we don't usually get over here.

Yeah, the quality of the videos are great. No worries there.

bobbypires said:
There's no video coverage. There are picture after picture every second. I'd prefer video.I don't know if somebody on his computer can view the match.

But what I'm asking is what is the picture by picture like? I know it's not as good as video, but is it from different camera angles, easy to see the ball etc.?

Thanks for all your help. :)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom