• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

People calling for more youngsters to get in need to calm down. Most of these lads would get broken in half by the EPL right now.

No I think that's hyperbole tbh, I don't think all of them have to start; I don't think anyone is saying that seriously (perhaps sarcastically), but a few of them would do better than senior players in certain positions.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
People calling for more youngsters to get in need to calm down. Most of these lads would get broken in half by the EPL right now.
So would most of our seniors by the looks of things! :lol:

We should be using the Cups mostly IMO, but I can't say I'm thrilled with this first team at all. Some good stuff followed by some bad stuff and we keep having to see them. No wonder we all want to see the kids. Some of them are not ready but if they don't play they never will be IMO. I'd still rather see them, knowing it'll be difficult for them.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I hate to say it, but Nelson from what I've seen does not look ready to make the jump. Everything people get rightly made at Mikhi for he also seems to do, but with less confidence and strength. Willock and Eddie look much more likely make an impact for us this season imo.

yep unfortunately I feel the same.. A lot more positive today, but his decision making in key moments was a big letdown. Needs to make his moves with more conviction too. At least another year away by the looks of it, I wouldn't mind another loan at this point.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
These kids, man. So much to be excited about. I am just afraid they are all under too mich pressure. The Iwobi syndrome... Reiss too much thinking and overanalyzing.

At the moment Willock looks the most ready. Then Eddie. Burton was really impressive too. A big surprise for me.
None of them ready to make impact too much expectations only willock and Eddie the others should go on loan

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
These kids, man. So much to be excited about. I am just afraid they are all under too mich pressure. The Iwobi syndrome... Reiss too much thinking and overanalyzing.

At the moment Willock looks the most ready. Then Eddie. Burton was really impressive too. A big surprise for me.

Or is he overanalysing because he’s not good enough? He’s been poor in front of goal in pre season and also poor in general in the final third.

He needs a loan. He’s not the answer to our winger problems, we desperately need to sign better seniors. Just blooding the youngsters straight into the PL is not the answer.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Who’s has a higher ceiling. Nketiah or John-Jules? I’m not sold on Eddie.

Me neither. I rate John Jules higher. Nketiah has a good mentality and drive, but I just don't think he has good enough technical ability to make it here.

Jules is bigger, better hold up play and better at linking up.

Nketiah is more clinical, but also scuffs a lot of his shots.

Gursha

This preseason Nelson did nothing right, every decision was wrong, every execution was bad... apart from his penalty that was class... worrying signs from the guy i thought would be the most promising.

Luckily, all the other youngsters show exactly the opposite.
So i guess il take that...

Alkane

Eddie; Willock and Saka definitely look like they could be fringe players in the first team.

But disappointed in Reiss but I reckon he put too much pressure on himself. Think a loan to CP would be beneficial to all parties

Gunner-Union

Willock is ready imo and I think Nelson can get serious time. Saka, Eddie and burton have talent and can help in cups and vs lesser teams

Eduardo_da_Silva

Xhaka had so many mistakes today. He also couldnt walk for the last 15 minutes.

So so dissapointed in the team selection, manager decisions, our game plan and fluidity that has become non existent.

Had big hopes Emery was the guy for us. Today despite this being a friendly, Im pretty sure he isnt.

Young guns are the way to go.

Give Freddie a shot, I could care less if we ended up 5th or 12th. I want to see exciting atomic football with Saka, Nelson and Nketiah doing what they did for the last 15 minutes and Joe showing Xhaka what a central midfielder should do.

blaze_of_glory

No I think that's hyperbole tbh, I don't think all of them have to start; I don't think anyone is saying that seriously (perhaps sarcastically), but a few of them would do better than senior players in certain positions.
I'd say only Willock looks totally ready. Eddie can play a third choice striker role I think. Nelson and Saka still look raw to me but maybe they can ease in.

But at this point for me only Willock should be talked about as a first choice. And even then we still have Ceballos and Guendouzi to come back.

Spot on, if anything it shows how vital it is to get a few more players in before the window closes. People who think these youngster are up to PL standards are seriously deluding themselves.

Nelson cant be any worse than Mikitaryan.

Willock cant be any worse than Elneny.

Smith-Rowe cant be any worse than current Özil or Mikitaryan.

Nketiah cant be any worse than after 70 minute Lacazette.

Why are you even guys even posting about youth now. So far this season it has been seniors who look out of place, lack match sharpness and just general understanding on Emery tactics but tbf I dont even think aemery him self understand them.

But to conclude you would be stupid if you cant admit that Nketiah and Willock have proofed so far that they can play part next season.

9jagooner

Guys, I don't know what you were expecting but the quality of players from both sides is massive. When you can bring on Bale from the bench and Isco, you're on another level.

The players did well. Would have been nice to keep it at 11 v 11 maybe the guys who started the game would not have got tired that quickly. Again it's pre-season and many of them are still building their fitness.

Net stop, Emirates Cup

Iceman10

Established Member
So would most of our seniors by the looks of things! :lol:

We should be using the Cups mostly IMO, but I can't say I'm thrilled with this first team at all. Some good stuff followed by some bad stuff and we keep having to see them. No wonder we all want to see the kids. Some of them are not ready but if they don't play they never will be IMO. I'd still rather see them, knowing it'll be difficult for them.

There is a middle-way, being that deadwood has to go so that the deadwood isn't taking the chances in rotation in easier games. For example, Mkhi is ok, but he's never been a killer player, and I've always considered him redundant with us always having Özil, because the only position Mkhi could be effective, IMO, is the CAM position.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Worrying that Emery and Edu arent trying to force some of the seniors out.

No unfortunately it's not possible, but I'm not really mad...not anymore anyway. We gave them the contracts and if the player won't go, there's literally nothing we can do, we don't have enough power to threaten to ruin a player by benching them or playing them in the youth team, so we're kind of stuck.

I hope we learn from this period, we need to be more cautious in the contracts we give out and in certain circumstances we should just take the money. 10m for Mustafi hurts but I think clubs will bite for that much and "he's got to go Robbie". 20m for Xhaka hurts but that's 30m and two players that cost us too mamy times last season gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom