• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

Hmm you think he is? I really don't know tbh, I think in an ideal world he would be if he had his choice..... but then he's pragmatic sometimes, even when there's no reason to be. We've just got a weird muddled style.

Yes a reliable defender would be great; Sok, Holding, New Reliable defender and Chambers. Hopefully that would make Emery more confident to play his preferred style, or atleast we won't suck when we sit back.
Actually you’re right, he’s definitely pragmatic.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Of course, they're "not ready" :lol:. Here we go.

You can quite clearly see that everyone barring Willock are not ready and Eddie won’t get minutes because of Auba/Laca.

Reiss had a poor tour, Saka looked lively but the lads only 17. Burton I was impressed with but we have so many mids now with Ceballos.

blaze_of_glory

So would most of our seniors by the looks of things! :lol:

We should be using the Cups mostly IMO, but I can't say I'm thrilled with this first team at all. Some good stuff followed by some bad stuff and we keep having to see them. No wonder we all want to see the kids. Some of them are not ready but if they don't play they never will be IMO. I'd still rather see them, knowing it'll be difficult for them.
Cups is all good. Just think talking like they're ready to replace senior players is premature. Though I think Willock should get a chance to see if he can. He looks very good, both technically and physically.

African Flair

He's missed a much more important penalty than these
And it was a slopy one. Don't ever want him to kick one in a game again.

A real shame Willock was off in half time. Ruined the joy for me a bit when we still had the lead... Nelson wants it so much but ain't going just right good intentions though maybe he's feeling some pressure, or is it that he ain't getting real minutes Emery?! ****.

Give Martinez a solid contract if he's up to it. He's a good golie.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
None of them ready to make impact too much expectations only willock and Eddie the others should go on loan

I'd add smith-rowe too, those 3 are the only ones I see who could potentially get a real chance in meaningful games this season as things stands. Hopefully Nelson can impress the remainder of the preseason, otherwise I can't see Emery trusting him(and he should then go on loan if that's the case).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Anyway, I liked what I saw attacking wise in the first half. Auba, Laca, Özil work well together interchanging.

Problem area is LW which can’t be fixed by Saka over a 50 game season.

Xhaka is another big problem, can be fixed with Willock/Ceballos etc.

Kolasinac is a problem but not as big as the other two.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Feel you can blood a couple of them in this season but squad desperately lacking another solid senior CB & a DM. Nothing groundbreaking just a 7/10 most weeks to add reliable foundation.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Cups is all good. Just think talking like they're ready to replace senior players is premature. Though I think Willock should get a chance to see if he can. He looks very good, both technically and physically.
Like I said, I'd still rather see these guys than some of the seniors, whether they are ready or not IMO. At least until we're in a position to buy and get rid.

It's just a personal thing for me right now, I'm far more excited to see the younger players even when they play badly right now. I've seen enough of our regular first team play sh*t. Whatever the outcome, I want to see them given more of a chance. Not even throwing blame upon Emery yet, the season hasn't started. He obviously still has to keep this squad happy, objectively speaking. Not much he can do about the backline either.

Mostly I'm just frustrated - most of the time feels like it's just me and Hydro holding the fort while everyone's doubting :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I'd say only Willock looks totally ready. Eddie can play a third choice striker role I think. Nelson and Saka still look raw to me but maybe they can ease in.

But at this point for me only Willock should be talked about as a first choice. And even then we still have Ceballos and Guendouzi to come back.

Yeah fair points, perhaps I have a bit too much faith in the youth but I'd think Saka, Willock and Eddie could all play a fair amount of minutes and we won't feel the qualify drop.

Infact I'd daresay Saka would be better than Mkhi for example, but then a season really exposes how consistent a player is and all of them are untested regarding this aspect so far.

How would you line up midfield, I'm in two minds, whether if Ceballos comes he should replace Özil or replace Xhaka, I'm leaning towards the latter tbh.

Gursha

Nelson cant be any worse than Mikitaryan.

Willock cant be any worse than Elneny.

Smith-Rowe cant be any worse than current Özil or Mikitaryan.

Nketiah cant be any worse than after 70 minute Lacazette.

Why are you even guys even posting about youth now. So far this season it has been seniors who look out of place, lack match sharpness and just general understanding on Emery tactics but tbf I dont even think aemery him self understand them.

But to conclude you would be stupid if you cant admit that Nketiah and Willock have proofed so far that they can play part next season.
Thats the last time you compare Willock to elneny...

In fact, thats the last time you compare anything to El neny. i prefer a cone to el neny.

willock showed the most promise after eddie in the preseason.

OmegaOs

For the people who think the youngsters aren't ready, could you please explain why? Because if we're judging players from this tour, Xhaka, Mhki, Kolasinac and Mustafi are not 'ready'.

Nketiah and Willock are ready to be around and play their part.

Nelson can also surprise few if he doesnt go on loan. Same with ESR.

I dont think you need to worry about more youths being brought into the mix. Maybe Saka in Cup games. And Olyianka, Emery seems to fancy him!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There is a middle-way, being that deadwood has to go so that the deadwood isn't taking the chances in rotation in easier games. For example, Mkhi is ok, but he's never been a killer player, and I've always considered him redundant with us always having Özil, because the only position Mkhi could be effective, IMO, is the CAM position.
This would be the ideal - been saying for a while. But seems most of the deadwood will still be here next season. Maybe Elneny will go because his stock surprisingly hasn't been completely butchered yet (in fairness, Elneny's quite decent, just a very "blah" player rather than terrible).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Take a look at our senior players. The youngsters will outperform many of them.

Most of our young players are attackers so how can you say they will outperform them? Think about what you’re saying.

Nelson isn’t outperforming Auba on the right. Eddie isn’t outperforming Lacazette at striker. Saka outperforms any of our left wing options but we need to bloody sign a senior one.

Willock like I keep saying is ready and should start over Xhaka.

Other than that no youngster makes it in ahead of the seniors. We don’t have a young left back, we don’t have a young CB currently good enough, we don’t have a young right back.

9jagooner

I said a few pages ago that Willock will most likely start the early games mainly because Torreira and Guendozi are currently unavailable. Willock will have to take his chance when that happens because when both Guendouzi and Torreira return, they will play ahead of him.

Personally, I definitely rate him ahead of Elneny and maybe even side by side with Guendouzi but definitely will not be happy with him playing only a few games when he can get regular football on loan at another premier league club. That said, let's see if he can seize his chance when the season begins.

Asides Willock, not sure any of the young ones we've seen in pre-season are ready if Arsenal is serious about finishing top 4.

I am also willing to give Reiss a chance because he's been with the team before and he didn't do too badly. But his (mis)adventures in Germany and his poor pre-season so far have not helped his cause at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom