Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by American_Gooner, Mar 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lufere7

lufere7 Active Member

I agree, but at least they're getting played, otherwise we'd only see them on the cups. :lol:

2. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Winner winner chicken dinner

3. ASIF

ASIF Well-Known Member

Auba,laca,Özil all coming off together at 80 mins.I was like Mr Unai who the fck will take the penalties.But Credit to Mr Unai we totally hit them in the last 10 mins with our Special Young Trio.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    m-due likes this.
  4. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Definitely winning me over, I honestly didn't he was that special, but his desire and graft are currently second to none amongst our youth.

5. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

He plays just like Memphis Depay. I'm not bothered...not like he did a Theirry Henry on us (Juve to Arsenal).

celestis likes this.
  6. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

I really hope Ljungberg slips in an alternate teamsheet before every game behind Emery's back. One that includes all the youngsters

El Duderino and m-due like this.
  7. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Glass Half Empty

Get super angry whenever I hear we get trashed in the league with 3-4 of those in the side.

No need to "age and experience" to be up for it there, if you're good enough. Especially easy to be good enough to be better than the crap to be replaced for.

8. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

I'd back him in any game. He is a class talent.

I'm not happy with how we set up despite good performances today though. And the underperformers did what they do.

El Duderino and Arsenal1508 like this.
  9. Wrighty4eva

I'm confused by this ?

10. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Would try to get a fee for him, potentially with a sell on or buyback instead of losing him on a free.

11. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

You some what understand it as Emery doesn’t have the same good will built up in the form of trophies to give/trust youth like a Wenger did as Unai’s job has effectively been on the line since he signed.

It sucks I know as the youth give us fans something to get excited about since the chance they could end up developing into world beaters is still there vs knowing what you’re going to get with the seasoned pros, but when results are needed managers typically stop trusting youth. Happens at pretty much every other club aswell.

12. SingmeasongSong

I lived in Munich for all my life, able to watch those Bayern wankers regularly.

Coman is quality, but often limited. We've got a bunch of talents coming up that have more upside than him. Overrated.

13. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

He is a good player, but doesn't have the talent to be a World Class Player (my standards for World Class are very high - not your everyday players now).

I said Memphis Depay because because he is a footballer that can shoot very well. However, both are weak in dribbling.
    I don't think losing Gnabry will burn us as he really didn't look any good for us.

He grew up and found his place back in Germany.

The Henry comparison was what a major fvck up Juve did when they sold him to us.

14. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Nelson, Saka, Nketiah and Wilock should definately be with the first team squad this season. Play the cup games, play in Europa and maybe throw one or two on during league games to give them experience.

Similar to what city did/are doing with Foden.

They will learn a lot more training and being part of the first team squad even if it is only 10 starts and 10 sub appearances than 30 games at say a Chalrton. Training day in day out at a higher intensity and with better players.

All have pace and directness.

15. SingmeasongSong

I get that ! But as soon as it becomes apparent that many youngsters are already way past **** players with a guaranteed starting position it becomes his responsibility to adapt.

16. Wrighty4eva

Strange one, but ok I get it now.

17. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

Not sure if people were watching a different game or just want to gas the youngsters up. Our attack, minus the left hand side, was constantly fluid. Xhaka also had a good game imo.

If we’re looking to play 4231, which seems to be the case, then the glaringly obvious issue attacking wise is left wing. Which Emery is clearly wanting to sort out.

I thought Aubameyang was top top class going from out to in on the right and I thought Özil also had a very good game.

Mustafi is a huge issue, one of two obvious issues on the pitch, second being left wing/mid.

The formation can be very flexible if/when we sign Ceballos. Auba/Laca rotate a lot and either way if Laca is having an off day at least you know you can bring Nelson on and put Auba up top.

Left wing needs sorting this window if we are to flourish in a 4231/433.

Trilly, Tourbillion, ASIF and 3 others like this.
  18. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Yep and honestly it's not to say throw them all in immediately or all of the time, just play them more, in games that matter less?

Europa league group stage, I honestly couldn't care less, just throw them in, same with the Carabao. Maybe some minutes in league games too.

Sure they'll fail sometimes but I'm tired of no effort wankers like Mkhitaryan playing well for 2 games and stinking up the place the rest of the time

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  19. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

There is only so much to be taken from the game because it was far from full pace. Özil and Aubameyang looked good. Laca looked a bit off the pace. AMN looked good in the first half, was a slightly different story later on as he tired, facing Coman who had just come on. The backline and shape needs work. Xhaka and Mustafi both really have to work on their focus.

As it was a game not played at full pace, of course the cavalry of youngsters that came on towards the end drew a lot of attention, and they looked good. Nketiah has body strength, has the game, and is hungry.

20. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

I’d let them (Eddie and Reiss) start at home against smaller teams in the league when the schedule gets hectic also but I agree with this.

People who want these guys to start PL games are delusional but they should definitely be used more than Emery did last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.