• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Pre-Season 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
I don't like it. Emery is a doofus.
I want these players in the Premier League. Europa League they would play until we get to the QF and are **** in the league. Then, Emery would drop our younsters and play the turd that screwed up league table.
I agree, but at least they're getting played, otherwise we'd only see them on the cups. :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Exactly why I hate this first team and youth separation. 10 minutes to go and Bayern can't get out of their half because we have pace and power in all forward positions. No number 10s just walking around hoping they have the correct situation to flourish in. You have players like Nelson, Saka, John Jules and Eddie who can get the ball and start running at players. Then you see Xhaka pick up the ball from 40 yards and instead of driving forward he just shoots because that is his limitation.

Nelson actually tracked back to protect AMN. The set up needs to be two wide players and a 3 man midfield with 1 forward. Stop shoe horning players in just to make them happy.

Winner winner chicken dinner

ASIF

Auba,laca,Özil all coming off together at 80 mins.I was like Mr Unai who the fck will take the penalties.But Credit to Mr Unai we totally hit them in the last 10 mins with our Special Young Trio.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Get super angry whenever I hear we get trashed in the league with 3-4 of those in the side.

No need to "age and experience" to be up for it there, if you're good enough. Especially easy to be good enough to be better than the crap to be replaced for.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I dont have too many problems with Emery to be honest. Think he does a lot of good stuff here, but he sucks exactly at the only thing I did not like with Wenger at the end. His line-ups.

Emery with a good mix of youngsters in the team. Like 2-3 each game. Would be perfect

You some what understand it as Emery doesn’t have the same good will built up in the form of trophies to give/trust youth like a Wenger did as Unai’s job has effectively been on the line since he signed.

It sucks I know as the youth give us fans something to get excited about since the chance they could end up developing into world beaters is still there vs knowing what you’re going to get with the seasoned pros, but when results are needed managers typically stop trusting youth. Happens at pretty much every other club aswell.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I lived in Munich for all my life, able to watch those Bayern wankers regularly.

Coman is quality, but often limited. We've got a bunch of talents coming up that have more upside than him. Overrated.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I'm confused by this ?

He is a good player, but doesn't have the talent to be a World Class Player (my standards for World Class are very high - not your everyday players now).

I said Memphis Depay because because he is a footballer that can shoot very well. However, both are weak in dribbling.
I don't think losing Gnabry will burn us as he really didn't look any good for us.

He grew up and found his place back in Germany.

The Henry comparison was what a major fvck up Juve did when they sold him to us.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nelson, Saka, Nketiah and Wilock should definately be with the first team squad this season. Play the cup games, play in Europa and maybe throw one or two on during league games to give them experience.

Similar to what city did/are doing with Foden.

They will learn a lot more training and being part of the first team squad even if it is only 10 starts and 10 sub appearances than 30 games at say a Chalrton. Training day in day out at a higher intensity and with better players.

All have pace and directness.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
You some what understand it as Emery doesn’t have the same good will built up in the form of trophies to give/trust youth like a Wenger did as Unai’s job has effectively been on the line since he signed.

It sucks I know as the youth give us fans something to get excited about since the chance they could end up developing into world beaters is still there vs knowing what you’re going to get with the seasoned pros, but when results are needed managers typically stop trusting youth. Happens at pretty much every other club aswell.

I get that ! But as soon as it becomes apparent that many youngsters are already way past **** players with a guaranteed starting position it becomes his responsibility to adapt.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
He is a good player, but doesn't have the talent to be a World Class Player (my standards for World Class are very high - not your everyday players now).

I said Memphis Depay because because he is a footballer that can shoot very well. However, both are weak in dribbling.
I don't think losing Gnabry will burn us as he really didn't look any good for us.

He grew up and found his place back in Germany.

The Henry comparison was what a major fvck up Juve did when they sold him to us.
Strange one, but ok I get it now.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not sure if people were watching a different game or just want to gas the youngsters up. Our attack, minus the left hand side, was constantly fluid. Xhaka also had a good game imo.

If we’re looking to play 4231, which seems to be the case, then the glaringly obvious issue attacking wise is left wing. Which Emery is clearly wanting to sort out.

I thought Aubameyang was top top class going from out to in on the right and I thought Özil also had a very good game.

Mustafi is a huge issue, one of two obvious issues on the pitch, second being left wing/mid.

The formation can be very flexible if/when we sign Ceballos. Auba/Laca rotate a lot and either way if Laca is having an off day at least you know you can bring Nelson on and put Auba up top.

Left wing needs sorting this window if we are to flourish in a 4231/433.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I get that ! But as soon as it becomes apparent that many youngsters are already way past **** players with a guaranteed starting position it becomes his responsibility to adapt.

Yep and honestly it's not to say throw them all in immediately or all of the time, just play them more, in games that matter less?

Europa league group stage, I honestly couldn't care less, just throw them in, same with the Carabao. Maybe some minutes in league games too.

Sure they'll fail sometimes but I'm tired of no effort wankers like Mkhitaryan playing well for 2 games and stinking up the place the rest of the time

Iceman10

Established Member
There is only so much to be taken from the game because it was far from full pace. Özil and Aubameyang looked good. Laca looked a bit off the pace. AMN looked good in the first half, was a slightly different story later on as he tired, facing Coman who had just come on. The backline and shape needs work. Xhaka and Mustafi both really have to work on their focus.

As it was a game not played at full pace, of course the cavalry of youngsters that came on towards the end drew a lot of attention, and they looked good. Nketiah has body strength, has the game, and is hungry.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Nelson, Saka, Nketiah and Wilock should definately be with the first team squad this season. Play the cup games, play in Europa and maybe throw one or two on during league games to give them experience.

Similar to what city did/are doing with Foden.

They will learn a lot more training and being part of the first team squad even if it is only 10 starts and 10 sub appearances than 30 games at say a Chalrton. Training day in day out at a higher intensity and with better players.

All have pace and directness.
I’d let them (Eddie and Reiss) start at home against smaller teams in the league when the schedule gets hectic also but I agree with this.

People who want these guys to start PL games are delusional but they should definitely be used more than Emery did last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom