<

Arsenal reject $40mill from Chelsea

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Anonymous, Dec 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Kyla

Kyla New Member

Well now it's official. Sort of. I knew there was something iffy about Roman coming to Higbury on Wednesday. Just watching ITV's "The Premiership". Apparently Andy Towensend thinks that Henry is irreplacable and that nobody even for a £100 MILL would be worth the return, whereas that annyoing Scot McCoist thinks business acumen should prevail in the circumstance- try telling that to devoted gooners.

3. XxGoonaStuxX

XxGoonaStuxX New Member

So thats why Abramovich was at the Arsenal vs Lokomotiv Moscow game. I thought It may just have been to see some fellow Russians play.
    At least Dein told him where to go and where the rest can go. (Ronaldo speculating and Real Madrid).

4. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

townsend is right. henry is not for sale at any price. whatever money we'd get for him, there's no player who can replace him.

5. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

Damn right, these days £100 will only buy you a decent set of footy boots :p (hehe sorry just couldn't resist :D )

Good to see our board is strong, they could of caved in and let Henry go but they haven't. If Henry was sold then Wenger, Vieira and Pires would probably leave as well. We would have a healthy bank balance but would it be worth it? Would it be worth selling our best player, the best player in the world and watch our team self-destruct?

You could buy 2 or 3 good players for £40mill, but it just wouldn't be the same and none of them would be a patch on Henry. Players like him don't come up very often. How many players have been blessed with the ability to score week in week out, have pace and dribbling ability like him and how many players can combine this with the ability to set up goals for your team mates week in week out?

I can't think of even one player. Ronaldo in 96-98 was something else but even he wasn't this good. Trust me, I watched him all the time. He was amazing, trully breathtaking. He could score and take on players for fun but thats all he could do. Henry does this and sets up goal after goal after goal.....

6. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

maradona is the best ever. he won the world cup by himself.

7. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

I know he is the best ever. He won serie a by himself for Napoli as well.

I should of put in football right now is there a player who can do what Henry is doing week in week out.

8. Henry's Girl

Henry's Girl New Member

the chelksi shd backsi the ****si off and they can kiss our gooner arse. :evil:

9. thegame24

thegame24 New Member

10. A.Hussain

A.Hussain New Member

:lol: :lol:

11. just poor media bollox

only 40

200mill

i wouldnt swop him

12. Lukazan

Lukazan New Member Elite

Henry really is priceless....

13. Superdudes

Superdudes New Member

unless chelski gives us johnson, lampard, j cole, mutu and crespo.. with the 40 million.. if not, i say get lost..

14. Arsene

Arsene New Member Elite

cheski can give us there whole team sheet and 50mil, and we'll start talking, on the phone.

15. Superdudes

Superdudes New Member

nah.. i'm not greedy.. i'll be satisfied with the 5 players and 40million as stated above.. if we take the whole squad, there'll be the wages.. too expensive..

16. leongsh

leongsh New Member Elite

Thierry Henry for £40 million only? Hah! Arsenal would be crazy to even sell him for anything less than £200 million - consider the simple fact that Thierry Henry is now entering his prime years as a footballer and the way he is playing now is really out-of-this-world. In fact, priceless is the only way to descibe him now.

Besides, most Gooners love him to bits and he loves Arsenal and the Gooners just as much - he will only leave Arsenal if Arsenal do not want him. I don't even think Arsenal or the Gooners would ever not want him now that he is well on his own way to be an Arsenal legend.

17. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Pele was the best player. End of story.

And Henry is not for sale. End of story.

18. thierrys_girl

thierrys_girl New Member

thats enough for just one of thierry's legs

thierry is not for sale at any cost and Chelsea and any other club interested in Titi better get used to it.

We love Titi and he loves us, partnership made in 'paradise'

wonder if he will retire here :roll:

19. Jinn

Jinn New Member Elite

Glen Johnson: £6m
    Wayne Bridge: £7m

Damien Duff: £17m

Geremi: £7m

Juan Sebastian Veron: £15m

Joe Cole: £6.6m

Adrian Mutu £15.8m

Alexei Smertin: £3.45m

Hernan Crespo: £16.8m

Claude Makelele: £16m

Thierry Henry: priceless.

Some things money can't buy.

For everything else, there's Chelski.

20. invisibleman18

invisibleman18 New Member Elite

no sum could replace him. he is the best in the world and is irreplaceable. i know a 100 million would sound good but i wouldnt swap him for anyone. who could we buy with the money anyway? its not like real madrid would be as stupid and let raul or ronaldo go and manure wouldnt let van misstlerooy go and juve wouldnt let del piero go etc. no way would we sell at any price. at least i hope we bloody dont. i hope greed and pound signs do not come into play here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.