• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Reloaded

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Last League win at Old Trafford...

...technical level is worryingly night and day , compared to our current team :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal are hammering the YouTube updates with classic performances, games and goals.

Here’s some of the recent ones.

Love me some Abou. I swear if not for that n*nce Dan Smith’s tackle he’d have been a consistent baller.

Cesc absolutely schooling Vieira was actually ridiculous, straight out of WWE.

Master gets caned by the apprentice.

Henry at the Bernabeu best of those for me.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

On Diaby, this might be random but Newcastle put up the 4-4 against us from 2011 and I watched up until the point where Diaby got sent off. I must say he deserved to be sent off because he completely lost his head however the reason he lost his head is because Joey Barton absolutely flew into a tackle and didn't even receive a yellow card for it, heck I can't even remember if it was given as a foul. It was an absolute stonewall red card challenge and after all that Diaby went through it's no wonder he reacted with such anger. What annoys me even more is that the commentary team that day didn't even take into account what Diaby went through just talking about him losing his discipline.

It still pains me thinking about his struggles it should have been so so different for him. Every so often he'd show glimpses but if I recall correctly after that Liverpool display it was only a few weeks later that he ended up getting injured again which just about sums it all up for him. One of the reasons why I'm always supportive of Ramsey even for Wales and even now for Juve is because of what he had to overcome. Diaby and even Eduardo you could argue never fully recovered. It's sickening too because although Shawcross and that Taylor bloke were red-carded it almost seemed encouraged that teams would come and try to hurt our players because we were perceived as being soft. Officiating and the media contributed as much to those injuries as the offenders themselves as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways I'll post this as to not go totally off topic.

Gotta be honest this was the season where I fully committed myself to Arsenal if that makes sense. I mean they were my favourite team prior to that season but I also had a soft spot for Real Madrid and a few other teams, heck I even took a slight fancy to Chelsea under Mourinho initially (don't worry it didn't last long and I soon grew to dislike them). Like I had Arsenal jerseys before this, they were always my first choice pick in FIFA and PES, but I also had a serious fondness toward Madrid because of Zidane, Ronaldo and Beckham. My favourite players alongside Henry and Ronaldinho at the time. But for whatever reason in 2005 I went all in on Arsenal and was a full on supporter. So this season brings back a lot of good memories even tho it ended the way it did. Even in those 15 years I don't regret the decision at all purely because there's something special about the club and I got to see players like Henry, Van Persie, Fabregas, Adebayor, Özil, Alexis, Ramsey, Cazorla, Hleb, Auba etc. Got to see a lot of good quality football, a lot of attacking football, some memorable results, FA Cup wins. So even with all the times I do take pops at the club I still don't regret my choice one bit. I don't even regret supporting this club during the difficult times.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

On Diaby, this might be random but Newcastle put up the 4-4 against us from 2011 and I watched up until the point where Diaby got sent off. I must say he deserved to be sent off because he completely lost his head however the reason he lost his head is because Joey Barton absolutely flew into a tackle and didn't even receive a yellow card for it, heck I can't even remember if it was given as a foul. It was an absolute stonewall red card challenge and after all that Diaby went through it's no wonder he reacted with such anger. What annoys me even more is that the commentary team that day didn't even take into account what Diaby went through just talking about him losing his discipline.

It still pains me thinking about his struggles it should have been so so different for him. Every so often he'd show glimpses but if I recall correctly after that Liverpool display it was only a few weeks later that he ended up getting injured again which just about sums it all up for him. One of the reasons why I'm always supportive of Ramsey even for Wales and even now for Juve is because of what he had to overcome. Diaby and even Eduardo you could argue never fully recovered. It's sickening too because although Shawcross and that Taylor bloke were red-carded it almost seemed encouraged that teams would come and try to hurt our players because we were perceived as being soft. Officiating and the media contributed as much to those injuries as the offenders themselves as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways I'll post this as to not go totally off topic.

Gotta be honest this was the season where I fully committed myself to Arsenal if that makes sense. I mean they were my favourite team prior to that season but I also had a soft spot for Real Madrid and a few other teams, heck I even took a slight fancy to Chelsea under Mourinho initially (don't worry it didn't last long and I soon grew to dislike them). Like I had Arsenal jerseys before this, they were always my first choice pick in FIFA and PES, but I also had a serious fondness toward Madrid because of Zidane, Ronaldo and Beckham. My favourite players alongside Henry and Ronaldinho at the time. But for whatever reason in 2005 I went all in on Arsenal and was a full on supporter. So this season brings back a lot of good memories even tho it ended the way it did. Even in those 15 years I don't regret the decision at all purely because there's something special about the club and I got to see players like Henry, Van Persie, Fabregas, Adebayor, Özil, Alexis, Ramsey, Cazorla, Hleb, Auba etc. Got to see a lot of good quality football, a lot of attacking football, some memorable results, FA Cup wins. So even with all the times I do take pops at the club I still don't regret my choice one bit. I don't even regret supporting this club during the difficult times.

Yeah that’s why I’m always angry about the 4-4 result rather than embarrassed. Yes it was an overreaction but it was an absolute sh*thouse challenge from Barton.

With all the mental scarring Diaby had taken I don’t really blame him for lashing out.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Cesc absolutely schooling Vieira was actually ridiculous, straight out of WWE.

Master gets caned by the apprentice.

Old wrestlers rarely job for young wrestlers tbf, selfish pricks :lol:

That's the best game for me in our 2006 run, better than the Madrid game.

The away kit in 05/06 is the best yellow away kit we have had since I became a fan, imo...it's such a perfect dark shade of yellow, normally we have a brighter yellow, which i don't mind but I do prefer a darker shade...would have been up there with the yellow kit from Anfield in 1989, if we managed to win in Paris 2006, shame...

The worst part about that tackle by Smith on Diaby, is after it happens, the likes of Bergkamp and Toure go over and have a go at Smith, the commentator says how unnecessary it is, and kinda sticks up for Smith...really shows what we were dealing with back then, how we were getting kicked yet viewed as the "bad guys"...ridiculous really.

Agree with your ending remark too...Arsenal can piss me off in ways no other existing thing can, but God do I love every minute supporting this club!

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Shame about Diaby and injuries.He was proper players on his day.Also,this team was so much better than this one now on almost every position.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What you found out about Almunia later was that he was a massive influence in the dressing room. Apparently he was a strong, positive type character who was well liked.

But I guess if you’re not strong in your main job then the above secondary type factors shouldn’t matter - then again, budgets were tight and on balance if it was worth keeping him unless you could find a clear upgrade for the right money.

I never liked him, but softened to him recently given he was a rated character behind the scenes, recovered from a heart problem too I think.

Tir Na Nog

Diaby, Arteta, Santi etc. Pure ballers.

We’re watching guys like Torreira and Xhaka now :lol:

We had Diaby Arteta and Santi starting that day. Rosicky and Ramsey couldn't get in the side while Wilshere was still recovering from injury. We'd go on to sign Özil on top of all this. Every single one of those guys from back then would walk into our first team now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We had Diaby Arteta and Santi starting that day. Rosicky and Ramsey couldn't get in the side while Wilshere was still recovering from injury. We'd go on to sign Özil on top of all this. Every single one of those guys from back then would walk into our first team now.
My memory is terrible, but when you put it like that and compare it to now and what we’ll probably have next season, the above midfield talent is incredible in comparison.

Sad, but injuries affected and destroyed all of them, Arteta and Özil aside.

Wenger was working miracles blindfolded and with both hands tied behind his back from Gazidis and Kroenke.

The worst thing is that you still have people direct their anger towards Wenger for the situation. Sad.

Tir Na Nog

My memory is terrible, but when you put it like that and compare it to now and what we’ll probably have next season, the above midfield talent is incredible in comparison.

Sad, but injuries affected and destroyed all of them, Arteta and Özil aside.

I think about it so much but then again back then midfield was never really the problem. It was either we lacked a top CF (outwith Van Persie who was either injured or of course then went to United and we replaced him Giroud who's nowhere near his level) or the more common thing was our defence/keeper let us down. But yeah it was good for that game at Anfield but then Diaby gets injured again, Wilshere still not back and Ramsey was still struggling post leg break and of course we struggled then up until the about March when Ramsey really started to regain form and formed a decent partnership with Arteta which would carry over into the next season with Özil added.

You look at all that talent though, now we're having to pretend that Ceballos is good. Such a decline.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom