Arsenal Reserves Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by M+D, Aug 3, 2010.

1. M+D

M+D New Member Trusted

Klaus has spoken, and here it is.

Arsenal reserves have a game against Boreham Wood tonight for anybody close by, tickets fairly reasonable.

Arsenal Youth have claimed that this will be the squad for tonight's game:

Normally fairly reliable with these things so well worth a watch if you can get there and if Wellington is indeed playing.

The fact they have included Bartley when I am pretty sure he's injured and there's no Yennaris despite him being back from injury seems a little dubious though.

Also, we'll be playing in a 3 team tournament with Shamrock Rovers and Man Utd Reserves later this month in Dublin.

2. Klaus Daimler

Klaus Daimler New Member Trusted

Yeah, excellent. We really needed a separate thread for the reserves. Would be great if we could put some glue on it too.

Re: Bartley, I read somewhere that he's actually broken his collar bone. It didn't sound all that great.

Do you know anything about this Miyaichi kid by the way? All I know comes from a two-second google search. He's a striker, supposedly, and this clip makes him look pretty quick and technical: http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/29985038. He scores a neat goal a minute in.

3. Meatwad

Meatwad New Member

the squad list should be pretty reliable because that's what the boreham wood site shows:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.webteams.co.uk/NewsItems.aspx?team=borehamwoodfc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.webteams.co.uk/NewsItems.asp ... ehamwoodfc</a>

4. M+D

M+D New Member Trusted

Never heard of him tbh.

Not sure what age group is playing in that video you posted but the defending is hilarious.

A quick Google tells me FC Koln had him on trial earlier this summer, as did Ajax, he's about 6ft tall and is 17 years old. Oh, and some guy on some forum thinks Sugimoto, Usami and Miyayoshi are better....

5. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

Wellington? This just became a must see.

6. M+D

M+D New Member Trusted

Ah cheers for that. Great news that Bartley is no longer injured, certainly can't have been a broken collar bone like Young Guns reported.

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

sorry guys who is Miyaichi

8. qs

qs New Member Elite

Arsenal Reserves vs Shamrock Rovers and Man Utd Reserves this month in Tallaght Stadium in Dublin.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0730/platinumonechallenge.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/073 ... lenge.html</a>

I'm still trying to figure out where to book tickets. Nothing on the Rovers site or the Tallaght Stadium site.

9. M+D

M+D New Member Trusted

Ticketmaster.ie is the place to go Qs, read it earlier.

20 euros for the United vs Arsenal game, 15 for Arsenal Vs Rovers or 40 for all 3 games I think.

10. bigtimetopbanana

bigtimetopbanana New Member

Ryo Miyaichi was in Japan's team from the u-19 world cup in Nigeria last year. He is having trials at Ajax and Arsenal.

He was a sub at the U-19 WC, came on twice, against Mexico and against Hajrovic's Switzerland (who went on to won the tournie). He was a year under his age bracket, but the Japan team were pretty crap... they lost all three games.

As a comparison, Hajrovic was a sub for the Swiss, Wellington was in the Brazil team. Can't remember if any other Arsenal players were there.

11. M+D

M+D New Member Trusted

Starting line-up:

--------------------- Szczesny --------------------

Nordtveit ---- Bartley ------- Miquel ------ Cruise

--------- Randall ----- Aneke ---- Ozyakup ---------

Murphy --------------- Afobe -------------- Miyaichi

12. ricky1985

ricky1985 Well-Known Member Elite

Damn, wish I'd known about this earlier - would have gone down to watch it.

Don't suppose there's anywhere to watch it online?

13. Zinc

Zinc New Member

Bartley?!?!?!?! Thats crazy, i swear he broke a bone recently

Thats a very very strong reserve side there, no idea on the trialist, hope he is decent. I awesome wellington gets a run out at some point.

No Yannis, does that mean he travelling with the 1st team again. Interesting

I guess theres no streams for this, just had a look on 1 place that has streams and none

14. M+D

M+D New Member Trusted

Edit: Scrap that, it was a 7.30pm kick off and has already started so that stream was false as I thought.

15. M+D

M+D New Member Trusted

Mark Randall has just scored from the halfway line apparently :shock:

16. M+D

M+D New Member Trusted

Miyaichi hits crossbar. Him and Afobe impressing early on apparently.

17. Zinc

Zinc New Member

I wish arsenal had all reserve games on website :(

18. Armor for Sleep

Armor for Sleep New Member Elite

:lol: No ****in way!

19. M+D

M+D New Member Trusted

I like the way ATVO's idea of "Live Updates" is just mentioning when a goal goes in, and when each half begins and ends.

Twitter is very useful for games like this.

20. Zinc

Zinc New Member

ATVO is a bit of a joke now. And yea even when its steaming a game the live text isnt any better then that.