• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,745
  • Views 1,154,825

I genereally think both Nelson and Willock are better than Iwobi, they have higher energy levels, better teqnique, more stamina, better defensive awareness, score more goals, can dribble better. The only thing that iwobi has over them is physique.

The difference is that Nelson and Willock are doing those things in u23 league while Iwobi is doing well in Premier league.

Iwobi was very good at u23 level.

nick gould

Yeah I did see that but I still think city's CB the no3 was the best defender on the park. Anybody know his name? He had Sanogo I his pocket all game and I'm sure Sanogo must be around 4 or 5 years older than him.
At one time I thought Keita was through on goal. The number 3 showed strength, pace and determination to recover and put himself between the ball and keita. He was amazing. Nelson for me is ready. Problem I don't think managers like a number 10 who dribbles. He may end up playing on the wing.

nick gould

I don't think Ben Sheaf is 6ft 2. He looks about 5ft9 or 5ft11 to me. He's also not aggressive enough for me to become a top class cb. Would make a decent ball playing sweeper though. We really could do with willock and reiss Nelson in the first team squad simply for their ball carrying skills which I feel is what we are missing in our team at the moment. The only thing that worries me with them is they are not quite physically ready. Can they sustain their temperament and confidence after being kicked all game by the likes of Stoke city, West brom?
The commentators said something about him not a big type centre half. So I was watching him closely on television, he doesn't appear to be taller than Chambers who is 6 foot.

Ben Sheaf with great technique too.

My bet has been on Ben Sheaf and Jeff for some time now. Everyone will eventually jump on that train. Their talent are obvious.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not much to be seen from Nwakali because he's in Netherland's second division, but the few clips there are have him looking pretty good...

I have high hopes for him. There is no doubt in my mind he can go far if the right opportunities arise.
First step to being a wonder kid is making complete fools out of experienced pros.

He's got that bit sorted I think. :lol:

Reiss Nelson vs Man City.

Watching it back, he was so dangerous everytime he got the ball.

Because of his age and how soon he got regular at u23 I always felt he had to adapt his game by passing more than using his explosivenes which was one of his main strength in his same age-group. But in last couple of games I feel he is showing that he has lot of faith in that ability of his again. So it is very nice to see, because with his passing ability, off ball movement and his explosivenes in take ons and dribbles he is such a deadly weapon.

Not sure if he goes on loan next season. He can do it. But I feel he can do Iwobi and skip the hellish loaning system.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Because of his age and how soon he got regular at u23 I always felt he had to adapt his game by passing more than using his explosivenes which was one of his main strength in his same age-group. But in last couple of games I feel he is showing that he has lot of faith in that ability of his again. So it is very nice to see, because with his passing ability, off ball movement and his explosivenes in take ons and dribbles he is such a deadly weapon.

Not sure if he goes on loan next season. He can do it. But I feel he can do Iwobi and skip the hellish loaning system.

Absolutely - and especially if he is going to continue to score goals in the vein that he is. Moving to the number 10 position has really increased his danger but he is also very adept on the wings too. Many different ways he can adapt his game to fit a need in the 1st team, and with his ability it will be hard to fathom him not making his way into the setup - hopefully sooner rather than later. I would not like to see him playing 24/7 too early, but I would still like to see him closer to the first team.

I think this pre-season, he is finally going to get a chance to go on tour with the first team. Nelson, Willock and AMN all have a chance to really impress this pre-season and play their way into first team contention (although I have a sneaky feeling that AMN will get called up to the U20 World Cup for England). I am hopeful that Mavididi recovers in time to do the same.

Tom9

The difference is that Nelson and Willock are doing those things in u23 league while Iwobi is doing well in Premier league.

Iwobi was very good at u23 level.

He really wasn't. Was always outperformed by his team mates. The older ones like Gnabry, Bellerin. And the younger ones like Maitland Niles (originally played wing), Wilock and Jeff.

Jack the lad

He really wasn't. Was always outperformed by his team mates. The older ones like Gnabry, Bellerin. And the younger ones like Maitland Niles (originally played wing), Wilock and Jeff.

Have to second this, i was suprised to see him with the first team... He is good but not great and his engine and defensive awareness is shocking. Willock and Nelson should both be getting minutes ahead of him.

He really wasn't.

Wrong. Not only was he very good at u23 level but he was also one of the most outstanding player in the u23, slowly building up very good form that gave him chance at Emirates Cup.

I know Iwobi his having his downs now according to some fans but lets not attack what he has achieve so far or what he achieved in u23.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

This comp makes Mavididi look f*cking amazing :lol:. I hadn't seen those other clips of him at Charlton - no wonder they liked him so much. Imagine if he had actually put those chances away. Mavididi is a much bigger deal than I ever thought.

This comp makes Mavididi look f*cking amazing :lol:. I hadn't seen those other clips of him at Charlton - no wonder they liked him so much. Imagine if he had actually put those chances away. Mavididi is a much bigger deal than I ever thought.

I wonder if his dribbling ability never shone through at u23 because of our in-game attributes game training. When coaches ask players to go out and work on just that one thing. For Mavididi he was probably mostly asked to work on his off ball movement as he was striker or something like that.

But he has grown a lot, similar way as Iwobi did.

How is it with his injury? Can he come back from it? How long will he be out? Hopefully he can get pre-season with us!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I wonder if his dribbling ability never shone through at u23 because of our in-game attributes game training. When coaches ask players to go out and work on just that one thing. For Mavididi he was probably mostly asked to work on his off ball movement as he was striker or something like that.

But he has grown a lot, similar way as Iwobi did.

How is it with his injury? Can he come back from it? How long will he be out? Hopefully he can get pre-season with us!
He'll most likely be in full training by the time pre-season rolls around. It was a hamstring tear so up to 4 months I reckon. I'm hopeful his rehabilitation is successful as with the way his game evolved in such a short time, he could become some player.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Has all the attributes to become a very good striker. Hopefully he is back healthy as planned and continues his improvement, kid is super athletic and what I liked most about him were his clever runs. Pair that with his athleticism and skills and we have another top talent in our hands

Top Bottom