• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,773

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If Mavididi shake of his injury he should get chance at cost at some loser in the first team. What he was showing at Charlton was more than he showed at loan.

When players go on loan you expect they will struggle because it is different mentality game. But he actually showed more than he can do at u23. He somehow added dribbling skills to his games. Out of nowhere. What a character!
To be fair, his last game that I remember seeing at that level (was against Southampton I think), he had a stormer, particularly in the second half he was dribbling rings around people. I remember because I think @Aevius compared him to Griezmann. I thought he was just having a great game, but he started to show that side of his game quite regularly in the little time he had at Charlton. He must be very highly rated.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I remember because I think @Aevius compared him to Griezmann.
Yeah, Mavididi kind of gives me a Griezmann vibe, especially after the switch to CAM he made for the U21s. Like Antoine, he's shown to have a pretty complete skillset for a striker and some good pace, and he looks recently like he's really growing physically which should make him even better (as an individual, not compared to Griezmann). I really hope he gets some games next season, I'd love to get a young goalscorer in our side. Iwobi is the closest thing we've had to that in a while, but he's more of a playmaker.

chessygoal

It's really a disappointing season for Jeff. We don't see what happens in training, maybe he improved a lot but the few times he played for out youth teams or in FA Cup, I saw no sign of major improvement.
I'm not sure that always training with the 1st team, staying on the bench/travel with the first team, and play a few youth games a year with players you don't train with is the best path for a player like Jeff.
Let's hope that next seasons will be the one where he'll break through.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Any news on a deal for Willock?
Complete silence unfortunately.

Caught on counter twice. We didn't look too bad otherwise. Good play by AMN and McGuane for the goal and nice early finish from Malen.

4 pens in this game :lol:. Like the look of Tyreece John-Jules. Seems like he's the next number 9 for the U18s. They've experimented with Coyle there but I think Coyle will play as number 10 once Joe Willock begins to make the step up to U23s (or.......you know, he - and Chris - both leave).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Are you including any of Bielik, Chambers, and Holding when saying that?
I'd go as far as to say that, yes. @legendhenry_14 pretty much said what I was going to say - owing from Sheaf's time as a central midfielder, the most noticeable trait of his is that he has a very expansive passing range, it's one of his major strengths. I thought at first that he would have a future in midfield (he still might, depending on what happens). Sheaf's a very technical talent who I didn't expect to look as good at CB as he has. He does have a slight problem in that this development comes at a time when we have defenders who are very similar to him - tall, composed and technically capable. Luckily, he is quite versatile - full/wing back, midfield, CB, out-wide.

P.S. Found this gif of Maitland-Niles at Ipswich - I actually watched this game and saw this, including him winning the penalty for it. He was good this game, although he missed a sitter at one point.

niles.gif

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
it seems that Rob Holding will be our only reserve teamer to get any league minutes this year.

the whole club seems to be regressing this season, including the reserves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom