• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,607

Aevi

Hale End FC
Great! I'd be alright with passing up on Schick and even Mbappe and going for a more established striker instead, with Mavi fighting to be second-fiddle. The only reason we don't have one of these young, exciting forwards is because we aren't giving them chances, and Mavididi deserves a proper shot.

I'm really excited, he gives me very good vibes. His talent, physique, and even more importantly attitude all look in the right place.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Great! I'd be alright with passing up on Schick and even Mbappe and going for a more established striker instead, with Mavi fighting to be second-fiddle. The only reason we don't have one of these young, exciting forwards is because we aren't giving them chances, and Mavididi deserves a proper shot.

I'm really excited, he gives me very good vibes. His talent, physique, and even more importantly attitude all look in the right place.
He really stepped up a level this year. Beyond anyone's expectations. Real battle on between he, Nketiah and Malen for the CF berth. Malen is playing wide a lot more often. Mavididi could be very complete, if he starts scoring more at this top level, he could be awesome.

Youtube highlights for Man U v Arsenal U18s.

Keplaz

I really hope Willock decides to stay. He needs a chance in the first team. I think missing out on Champions League might actually help our reserves. At any other team some of these youngsters would already have been blooded in the league. Wenger is no longer about the youth.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Anyone have any thoughts on Tafari Moore? He's always look very good when i've seen him at RB. Could he replace Debuchy in the squad next season? How about Gedion Zelalem and Dan Crowley? Can they fit into this new formation behind the main striker?

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
How about Gedion Zelalem and Dan Crowley? Can they fit into this new formation behind the main striker?

Zelalem's loan spell in the Dutch second division was very underwhelming, absolutely no chance he has what it takes to perform in the Premier League.

Dan Crowley has actually done very well in the Eredivisie, but his team are inarguably the worst side in what is already a fairly weak league. He's a much better player than Zelalem but the gap between the bottom of the Eredivisie and the top of the Premier League is obviously gigantic.

I'd say Crowley might be worth a look in pre-season but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I really hope Willock decides to stay. He needs a chance in the first team. I think missing out on Champions League might actually help our reserves. At any other team some of these youngsters would already have been blooded in the league. Wenger is no longer about the youth.
Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin and Alex Iwobi would disagree... Would you rather us field 9/11 reserves and put all our stars on the bench?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin and Alex Iwobi would disagree... Would you rather us field 9/11 reserves and put all our stars on the bench?

I'd like to see us get rid of some of our overpaid cloggers and fill those spots with the likes of Willock

Keplaz

We don't give youngsters enough chances anymore. I'm not saying bench everyone but some of those players don't have as much hunger as prospects trying to make a name for themselves. I understand that this season has been hard but I'm afraid if the youngsters don't get chances soon, they will start to leave.

Both Willocks are out of contract this year and they are both some of our best players at that level. Holding was bought for the first team, Iwobi broke in last season and hasn't played as much. There's no clear road into the first team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The U23 game vs Man United is live on Arsenal.com. Kickoff is 7pm.

This raises a slight problem because the U18 game is tomorrow so it's very possible that the lineup for the U18s will be significantly weaker than in recent weeks.

Nelson, Malen and quite possibly Joe Willock will be playing tonight (It'll probably be Chris). Nketiah could also play but my guess is that Sanogo is going to start. Also, not sure if the team is gonna line up as 3-4-3 like the first team. If so, the lineup could look very interesting:

Huddart;

Oluwu, Sheaf, O'Connor;

Jenkinson, Maitland-Niles, Da Silva, Bramall;

Nelson, Sanogo, Willock.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Well, my lineup looks quite a way off to the actual one that just got posted :lol:

Good to see Mourgos getting some game time. Looks like AMN might be playing RWB with Bramall on the other side.

I've been against the idea of AMN playing a right back as I think it's a waste of his abilities which think can be utilized in other areas of the field - but right wing back might be a good little spot for him, where he can still get further forward.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Well, my lineup looks quite a way off to the actual one that just got posted :lol:

Good to see Mourgos getting some game time. Looks like AMN might be playing RWB with Bramall on the other side.

I've been against the idea of AMN playing a right back as I think it's a waste of his abilities which think can be utilized in other areas of the field - but right wing back might be a good little spot for him, where he can still get further forward.
Isn't it just a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3?

- Macey -
- Jenkinson - Johnson - Sheaf - Bramall -
- AMN - Kamara -
- Nelson - Mourgos - Willock -
- Nketiah -​

Aevi

Hale End FC
IWOBI - THE TRIO WHO REALLY IMPRESS ME

Alex Iwobi has also been keeping a keen eye on those hoping to follow in his footsteps - and has been left impressed by our latest batch of up-and-coming prospects.

"Eddie Nketiah is someone who just finds the goal," he told Arsenal Player. "I don’t know how, but some people have that instinct just to get the ball and put it in the net with probably just one chance in the game.

"He’s somebody who’s able to find the goal, not just for Arsenal but for England as well. He scored a hat-trick for them so he’s definitely one for the future.

"Reiss [Nelson] is able to pick up the ball and take it from our defence all the way to the opposition’s last third. He’s definitely one to watch.

"He’s able to dribble the ball, he’s got ball control, he can finish and he’s also quick as well. He’s got lots of things going well for him. When he trains with us, he trains very well and he’s definitely one for the future.

"I’ve seen Ben [Sheaf] play centre-mid and centre back and he looks very comfortable. No matter what position he gets asked to play, he always does his best and he always does well.

"He’s so comfortable, not just with his right foot but his left foot as well."

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Isn't it just a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3?

- Macey -
- Jenkinson - Johnson - Sheaf - Bramall -
- AMN - Kamara -
- Nelson - Mourgos - Willock -
- Nketiah -​
Johnson at CB? Interesting. Might be Jenks instead and Johnson at RB.

Yeah, it looks like it is just 4-2-3-1.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
2-0 at half time.

Really good performance so far. Mourgos has worked really hard and made some great runs. AMN, Nelson and Willock are bossing the game, while Bramall has made some excellent overlaps - as evidenced by his 2 assists. Nketiah has showed great strength as well as movement, and deserved his goal. Sheaf and Johnson untroubled. Kamara has been busy aswell. Even Jenks hasn't been bad :lol:

I really like Borthwick-Jackson though, great anticipation. Were it not for him, would be 5-0.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
2-2 Full time.

Really disappointing 2nd half - we should have won the game. We didn't play badly in the 2nd half but we played WAY TOO SLOW, especially Maitland-Niles, was guilty of literally playing at a snails pace despite playing some really clever football otherwise. It was that which lead to Utd getting back into the game. Joe Willock and Donyell Malen replaced Nelson and Nketiah and while both Joe Willock+Donyell Malen were occasionally very bright, it is clear that we did not look as strong going forward without Nelson and indeed Nketiah. Bramall and Mourgos dropped off a bit especially during the last quarter of the game.

Chris Willock was very good and I'm hoping that this isn't the last time we see him pull on an Arsenal shirt.

Felt sorry for Johnson at the end - didn't deserve the own goal but the team overall deserved it for not killing the game before slowing the tempo down.

Top Bottom