• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,025

Aevi

Hale End FC
Not sure yet. Chris is technically superb. Think Joe definitely has better potential in terms of his passing though.

This came up in my feed again - had to repost it. Still can't get over how great his dribbling has looked this season.

I'm a simple man. I see Mavididi, I click like.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal u-18 3-3 West Ham u-18

Joe Willock keeps scoring. Seems to have eye for goal.
Here is that game:

Josh Da Silva stands out in this clip. Would like to see him at U23 level in place of Maitland-Niles, who is pretty much bossing that level now. Good left foot, tall and strong physically.

Brilliant finisher. How tall is this boy? How is his hold up play. I am more interested in the academy at the moment seeing how we have been let down by our first team.
His hold up play has improved over the course of the season despite not being particularly tall (he's about 5'9).

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Bad news regarding Gedion Zelalem. ACL ruptured. 9 months.

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/exclusive-arsenals-gedion-zelalem-facing-13085217

Awful news. If anyone needed a breakthrough of late, it was him.

In slightly better news, Maitland-Niles is also competing in the U20 World Cup for England. He started the 1-1 draw against Guinea (you need to see the own goal England scored :lol:), and put in an excellent performance. There is no doubt in my mind that he deserves more first team minutes than he has gotten.

teamsoutheast

Bad news regarding Gedion Zelalem. ACL ruptured. 9 months.

http://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/exclusive-arsenals-gedion-zelalem-facing-13085217

Awful news. If anyone needed a breakthrough of late, it was him.

In slightly better news, Maitland-Niles is also competing in the U20 World Cup for England. He started the 1-1 draw against Guinea (you need to see the own goal England scored :lol:), and put in an excellent performance. There is no doubt in my mind that he deserves more first team minutes than he has gotten.

Yeah he's looked good hasnt he (Maitland Niles). He definitely deserves a chance next season. Are the fans willing to do that though? Really unfortunate news for Zelalem. We must be theunluckiest team when it comes to injuries.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Exhibit A:

EDIT: Exhibit B

Class movement and a very good final pass at the end.
And both time hideous finishing. Pity, as those were some fine passes. The last one was especially nice since it was a quite improvised in-the-moment pass where he had little time to execute but still came up with a very delicate lob pass.

I'm generally quite excited about our prospects. Just afraid we'll only see a few of them breakthrough.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Who are the candidates to join the first team next season and what is up with Willock's contract situation?

@Heskey Welcome back, Sir Emile. You have been missed immensely.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
And both time hideous finishing. Pity, as those were some fine passes. The last one was especially nice since it was a quite improvised in-the-moment pass where he had little time to execute but still came up with a very delicate lob pass.

I'm generally quite excited about our prospects. Just afraid we'll only see a few of them breakthrough.
It's likely that it will only be a small handful at best anyway, although this current crop are the best we've had since '09 and I have a small hunch that a significant number of them could potentially be squad players at least. The issue is one or a combination of opportunity, timing and attitude. This pre-season will hopefully be a tad more interesting that last year's one in terms of young players' time.

Who are the candidates to join the first team next season and what is up with Willock's contract situation?
- Both of the Willocks' situation is still unknown. There's been no indication of whether he will sign but there is also no information about him leaving.

- Maitland-Niles is the strongest contender, although you could technically call him part of the first team seeing as he's mostly been integrated in terms of training and bench appearances over the course of this season just gone. He's one that Wenger does like and he is actually quality, and built up a very consistent set of games this year, bossing U23 level completely and impressing whenever playing at a harder level, even at unfamiliar RB position.

Other candidates? Harder to predict. Wenger has been quite stingy about his choices. If Willock stays, then he could be someone who sees a lot of minutes. Nketiah is unlikely, despite his outrageously good scoring record, he'll most likely be U23s main #9. Mavididi will probably go on loan, if he stays then he could be the wildcard. In any case, I think outside of Maitland-Niles and possibly Willock, the strongest contender could (and should IMO) be Reiss Nelson. He's the most exciting talent - has the explosiveness, technique and intelligence.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
It's likely that it will only be a small handful at best anyway, although this current crop are the best we've had since '09 and I have a small hunch that a significant number of them could potentially be squad players at least. The issue is one or a combination of opportunity, timing and attitude. This pre-season will hopefully be a tad more interesting that last year's one in terms of young players' time.

- Both of the Willocks' situation is still unknown. There's been no indication of whether he will sign but there is also no information about him leaving.

- Maitland-Niles is the strongest contender, although you could technically call him part of the first team seeing as he's mostly been integrated in terms of training and bench appearances over the course of this season just gone. He's one that Wenger does like and he is actually quality, and built up a very consistent set of games this year, bossing U23 level completely and impressing whenever playing at a harder level, even at unfamiliar RB position.

Other candidates? Harder to predict. Wenger has been quite stingy about his choices. If Willock stays, then he could be someone who sees a lot of minutes. Nketiah is unlikely, despite his outrageously good scoring record, he'll most likely be U23s main #9. Mavididi will probably go on loan, if he stays then he could be the wildcard. In any case, I think outside of Maitland-Niles and possibly Willock, the strongest contender could (and should IMO) be Reiss Nelson. He's the most exciting talent - has the explosiveness, technique and intelligence.
Okay, cheers. I watched the vids you post and this Mavididi looks a bit of a beast. The way he dribbles through defenses with that size and frame is scary.

I'd like to see AMN given more chances next season too and maybe in the Europa as well in central midfield. Looking forward to see if Reiss gets a shot as well.

Would like to see some of the ones out on loan given a chance like Crowley. Safe to say Akpom is done here at Arsenal, right? And Zelalem too.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom