• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,786

Aevi

Hale End FC
Lol guess what?

Maitland Niles went off injured after half an hour earlier.

Arsenal players :lol:
****, hopefully it isn't a long-term one...

I've just had a thought; if we continue with a 3-4-3, Jenkinson and Debuchy head on their way out, and Ox moves centrally as he and Wenger have entertained as a possibility, then AMN could find himself playing RWB behind Bellerin. I reckon he could be quite good there as it encompasses traits of all the positions he has played, and he'd much more easily get gametime there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
****, hopefully it isn't a long-term one...

I've just had a thought; if we continue with a 3-4-3, Jenkinson and Debuchy head on their way out, and Ox moves centrally as he and Wenger have entertained as a possibility, then AMN could find himself playing RWB behind Bellerin. I reckon he could be quite good there as it encompasses traits of all the positions he has played, and he'd much more easily get gametime there.

His game is very versatile so it's easily conceivable that he could thrive there, especially given his past as a winger. I like the idea of AMN as a RWB, as it does not diminish his all-round game and he can probably have more of an attacking role than he would as a holding midfielder. It's an interesting prospect, certainly. There's a variety of ways he could be used, but whichever way that is, he could make himself a mainstay in the first team squad.

BobP

Memri Fan
His game is very versatile so it's easily conceivable that he could thrive there, especially given his past as a winger. I like the idea of AMN as a RWB, as it does not diminish his all-round game and he can probably have more of an attacking role than he would as a holding midfielder. It's an interesting prospect, certainly. There's a variety of ways he could be used, but whichever way that is, he could make himself a mainstay in the first team squad.

****, I hadn't thought of that.

TBPH, I just want him get first team minutes, there's enough dross in the squad which he could replace.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
****, I hadn't thought of that.

TBPH, I just want him get first team minutes, there's enough dross in the squad which he could replace.
Yep. He is the most underrated talent we have IMO, he is actually a lot better than people realize. Could be a top player.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I actually had the opposite thought, @Aevius, @MutableEarth - I wanted AMN centrally next to Xhaka and with Ox on the flank - AMN not as our ideal starter next season though, although he deserves more game time.

My thought was that Ox would be a more dribble strong wingback who could still bring some shots and crosses and that AMN would be a dynamic asset centrally combining cleverly with Xhaka and Özil going forward.

Then I remembered how Ox played against Barcelona centrally - what, 3 years ago maybe? - and imagined that happening with Xhaka as his partner. :drool:

Think we could really get a lot out of both either way. They're both versatile and strong all-round with some different forces to go.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I actually had the opposite thought, @Aevius, @MutableEarth - I wanted AMN centrally next to Xhaka and with Ox on the flank - AMN not as our ideal starter next season though, although he deserves more game time.

My thought was that Ox would be a more dribble strong wingback who could still bring some shots and crosses and that AMN would be a dynamic asset centrally combining cleverly with Xhaka and Özil going forward.

Then I remembered how Ox played against Barcelona centrally - what, 3 years ago maybe? - and imagined that happening with Xhaka as his partner. :drool:

Think we could really get a lot out of both either way. They're both versatile and strong all-round with some different forces to go.
I prefer AMN central as well. I like the idea of a Xhaka-AMN partnership very much. Think his ultimate evolution is as a box-to-box CM.

Wing back could be his way in. I admit that I wasn't a big fan of him being a straight up RB though.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I prefer AMN central as well. I like the idea of a Xhaka-AMN partnership very much. Think his ultimate evolution is as a box-to-box CM.

Wing back could be his way in. I admit that I wasn't a big fan of him being a straight up RB though.
What I also really like about AMN potentially partnering Xhaka in this current system is that he wouldn't be restricted a holding midfielder role. He'd be allowed to balance his defensive and offensive work in a dynamic fashion that could really suit his game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What I also really like about AMN potentially partnering Xhaka in this current system is that he wouldn't be restricted a holding midfielder role. He'd be allowed to balance his defensive and offensive work in a dynamic fashion that could really suit his game.
Yeah, think he's a perfect fit for a B2B.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I think we didn't care much about his destination. I'm guessing we figured he won't cut it here.

I'm more than 110% confident he won't make it here. From that video his technical level was very poor. His touches very heavy and forced. Doing backheels and flicks which like Ramsey hardly came off, looked off-as in the quality of them- and there wasn't much reason behind doing that stuff-meaning good players do them when its the best solution to a given situation. He has good shooting technique, yes. Apart from that he has nothing to his game.

Great goal but it has nothing to do with for how long he was on the pitch so I don't get your point there. Like I said his shooting technique looks good. Otherwise he is very underwhelming.

We'll have to disagree on this one Sir Emile.
I hope it's okay I move our talk in here, @4R5Emaniac, 'cus I'm not done. :lol:

That might be, but why then extend him? Wouldn't make sense if we didn't care at all.

I'm far from 100% at either making it or not making it. Far too many variables too judge. All I'm saying is, he looks to be interesting enough to take a punt at for a squaddie role. He is 22 so he could still improve his game a lot. His shooting isn't even his best part imo. His vision seems to be really decent. Sure, he makes some fancy flicks and backheels here and there, that's hardly enough to dump him - sometimes they come off, and then you've completely fooled three players, sometimes they don't and then you have to rectify your mistakes.

He reads the game well from what I've seen, and he usually takes the right positions on the pitch. Not afraid to put in a tackle either.

Watch this video with highlights from his most recent loan spell at Rangers.

Quite a lot of nice plays here and he shows intelligence above all. 1.84cm tall, decent aerial ability, and his touch and movement with the ball is anything but heavy and forced and technically he is very astute.

It's fair of course, if you still disagrees with me. But I wouldn't write this much if I didn't believe there truly is something more to him.

Now watch Arsenal release him as the first player this summer... :lol:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I hope it's okay I move our talk in here, @4R5Emaniac, 'cus I'm not done. :lol:

That might be, but why then extend him? Wouldn't make sense if we didn't care at all.

I'm far from 100% at either making it or not making it. Far too many variables too judge. All I'm saying is, he looks to be interesting enough to take a punt at for a squaddie role. He is 22 so he could still improve his game a lot. His shooting isn't even his best part imo. His vision seems to be really decent. Sure, he makes some fancy flicks and backheels here and there, that's hardly enough to dump him - sometimes they come off, and then you've completely fooled three players, sometimes they don't and then you have to rectify your mistakes.

He reads the game well from what I've seen, and he usually takes the right positions on the pitch. Not afraid to put in a tackle either.

Watch this video with highlights from his most recent loan spell at Rangers.

Quite a lot of nice plays here and he shows intelligence above all. 1.84cm tall, decent aerial ability, and his touch and movement with the ball is anything but heavy and forced and technically he is very astute.

It's fair of course, if you still disagrees with me. But I wouldn't write this much if I didn't believe there truly is something more to him.

Now watch Arsenal release him as the first player this summer... :lol:
:lol: In a bit of a rush here so will have to get back to you a bit later.

4R5Emaniac

GET BACK HERE SO WE CAN SETTLE THIS!

;)
Okay, so he makes a few good passes and shows great skill in releasing players. He has vision some and an eye for a through ball. However I don't see a clean technique on his passes consistently and there isn't much of a range there. You need an averagely consistent technical level and some level of passing range to survive at even lower levels let alone Arsenal. I will stick to my opinion that his technique is forced, touches heavy and overall application inconsistent. I'm not complaining that he makes flicks. Its that his technical application isn't good enough here alone itself so its very hard to imagine how he'll succeed with them at a higher level.

He also has an idea of positioning of a goal scorer but that video is at such a low level football wise and its not a lot of times he finds that space to say yeah its standing out.

He may have some defensive eagerness in him but I doubt he has much use defensively.

For him to be a squad player here he needs to show A LOT imo and I'm not sure he has that potential. That said I'm not exactly an expert or always right but I have very serious doubts. After that you are most welcome to disagree and free to stick with how you see it.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Okay, so he makes a few good passes and shows great skill in releasing players. He has vision some and an eye for a through ball. However I don't see a clean technique on his passes consistently and there isn't much of a range there. You need an averagely consistent technical level and some level of passing range to survive at even lower levels let alone Arsenal. I will stick to my opinion that his technique is forced, touches heavy and overall application inconsistent. I'm not complaining that he makes flicks. Its that his technical application isn't good enough here alone itself so its very hard to imagine how he'll succeed with them at a higher level.

He also has an idea of positioning of a goal scorer but that video is at such a low level football wise and its not a lot of times he finds that space to say yeah its standing out.

He may have some defensive eagerness in him but I doubt he has much use defensively.

For him to be a squad player here he needs to show A LOT imo and I'm not sure he has that potential. That said I'm not exactly an expert or always right but I have very serious doubts. After that you are most welcome to disagree and free to stick with how you see it.
Bare in mind that I watched more than just the one video of him, hense my believing he finds good positions since he did so in other occasions. This was just a video that showed a little bit of it all and would get at least some of my points proven.

But all these things can be improved upon. The fundamental understanding seems to be there, but whether his style is a little flawed or looks clean or whatever is pretty redundant. I saw a technique good enough to be a rotational player - I repeat, he doesn't look like the next starter in our midfield, but he could put a ****f in when needed or in cups.

I'm not saying he should be used defensively. I'm just using his defensive work to both note he is working both ways - at times at least and isn't afraid to tackle - and that he is a player who can read the game. Knowing where to place yourself defensively so you can pick a pass is a very undervalued attribute for offensive midfielder imo. and one he at times proves he has at least possesses to an acceptable level.

Sometimes players stand out when played with players of lower quality, sometimes players raise there game when their teammates are better. Hard to judge him on this tbh. I saw a lot of chances being squandered by Ranger's striker in those videos, a bit more lethal finishing and Toral would have ended up with more than 2 assists in his 12 Premiership matches.

To top it all off, he is on his second loan this season, moving from Granada in Spain where he barely ever played - you said it yourself - to then playing for Rangers in Scotland. Very different styles, enviroments, managers, teammates, etc. I could go on, but then it'll sound like excuses, and all I'm trying to do is to explain why I feel he is better than some people rate him.

4R5Emaniac

Bare in mind that I watched more than just the one video of him, hense my believing he finds good positions since he did so in other occasions. This was just a video that showed a little bit of it all and would get at least some of my points proven.

But all these things can be improved upon. The fundamental understanding seems to be there, but whether his style is a little flawed or looks clean or whatever is pretty redundant. I saw a technique good enough to be a rotational player - I repeat, he doesn't look like the next starter in our midfield, but he could put a ****f in when needed or in cups.

I'm not saying he should be used defensively. I'm just using his defensive work to both note he is working both ways - at times at least and isn't afraid to tackle - and that he is a player who can read the game. Knowing where to place yourself defensively so you can pick a pass is a very undervalued attribute for offensive midfielder imo. and one he at times proves he has at least possesses to an acceptable level.

Sometimes players stand out when played with players of lower quality, sometimes players raise there game when their teammates are better. Hard to judge him on this tbh. I saw a lot of chances being squandered by Ranger's striker in those videos, a bit more lethal finishing and Toral would have ended up with more than 2 assists in his 12 Premiership matches.

To top it all off, he is on his second loan this season, moving from Granada in Spain where he barely ever played - you said it yourself - to then playing for Rangers in Scotland. Very different styles, enviroments, managers, teammates, etc. I could go on, but then it'll sound like excuses, and all I'm trying to do is to explain why I feel he is better than some people rate him.
Yeah, of course. I get what you are saying and respect your opinions. You've seen more than me so must know more and I'm getting how you're looking at it.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Also, you're of course also entitled to your opinion. I'm not trying to force you upon my view. Just explaining it from my point of view. And I don't feel you're an idiot for you opinion either, maybe Toral never gets the chance I feel he deserves and he ends of in League 2. Who knows.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Maitland-Niles impressed again as England U20s made it to the world cup final for the first time ever. Have to say, Lookman, Ojo, Cook and Solanke are also top class prospects. This was without Onomah, who's probably been just as good as them.

4R5Emaniac

Maitland-Niles impressed again as England U20s made it to the world cup final for the first time ever. Have to say, Lookman, Ojo, Cook and Solanke are also top class prospects. This was without Onomah, who's probably been just as good as them.
This Onomah is of Tottenham. High potential in FIFA. Cook as well. No idea what they're like as players.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom