• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,080

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm watching England U19s on freesports. Hungary inexplicably ahead despite England dominating. Nelson, Nketiah and Willock all started. Nketiah is playing wide left.

Joe Willock been best player on the pitch. Close second is the right back Reece James. Nelson.....decent but unconvincing. Overplaying too much. Nketiah very bright but not getting much time in the box.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm watching England U19s on freesports. Hungary inexplicably ahead despite England dominating. Nelson, Nketiah and Willock all started. Nketiah is playing wide left.

Joe Willock been best player on the pitch. Close second is the right back Reece James. Nelson.....decent but unconvincing. Overplaying too much. Nketiah very bright but not getting much time in the box.

Nelson makes it 2-1 after Mount equalized. Wasn't playing well until this goal to be fair. Good finish.

Nelson scored two!

DY0gPM8XcAAv88W.jpg

neimad

It was a surprisingly average game from Nelson but 2 good finishes from him also. Definitely had a better 2nd half. I thought Willock was excellent though. Dominated midfield most of the game. Nketiah also was excellent all round but again surprisingly, had one of his worst finishing displays. Could have scored a hat trick.

Nketiahs all-round game seems to have come on leaps and bounds which I find very encouraging. He's a deadly finisher (most times) but I was worried that was gonna be the summation of his talents. A fox in the box so to speak but there's much more to his game which bodes well. Willock dominating another game too. Hopefully he's getting a good loan next season to continue his development.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nketiahs all-round game seems to have come on leaps and bounds which I find very encouraging. He's a deadly finisher (most times) but I was worried that was gonna be the summation of his talents. A fox in the box so to speak but there's much more to his game which bodes well. Willock dominating another game too. Hopefully he's getting a good loan next season to continue his development.
Nketiah's definitely got a burgeoning all-round game. What's been interesting to view is his physical maturation - he's a nuisance for defenders to deal with not just because of his cleverness and underrated dribbling skill but he's matching defenders physically, using his body very well. A skill that was noticeable with Chris Willock in terms of holding onto possession. Joe Willock also possesses this and he also happens to have passed the 6 foot mark, which has added much power to his game.

------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Clarke has a breakdown of the U18s semi final 1st leg.

https://player.arsenal.com/video/breakdown-fa-youth-cup-semi-final-special

Special attention paid to Daley-Campbell, John-Jules and Amaechi. As noted, John-Jules' all-round game is a strength. Some of his lay-offs were top notch from the AM position. Daley-Campbell is also a really solid looking talent. With Osei-Tutu undergoing the improvement he has so far at RB and now Daley-Campbell looking promising so far, right back looks locked down at youth level for now.

Main man though is Amaechi. Coyle is heralded as the star of the scholar intake with good reason, but Amaechi looks set to be the name on everyone's lips soon enough. He has the goals, the athleticism and the skill to be an extraordinary talent - comfortable with both feet, a solid passer of the ball, a deadly finisher and a potentially world class dribbler.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Watching this U19 game vs Dallas in the Dallas Cup. It's the 2nd half.

Interesting game - first time I'm getting to see Bukayo Saka over 90 mins. To say I'm extremely impressed would be an understatement - he's really, really good.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Just seen a fellow Gooner post this on my TL on twitter. Another one to watch!

U16 player - actually started a game for U18s v Leicester along with a host of schoolboys. Looks very talented. Will be interesting to see how he looks once he's closer to scholarship.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nketiah scored for u19. Willock and Nelson also featured.
I watched that match (England match). Nketiah had an excellent all-round game again, and got his reward in the 2nd half. He absolutely bollocked the Latvian full-back all game - would be forgiven for forgetting he's a centre forward.

Nelson was very quiet in comparison, but encouragingly he was a lot more secure with the ball. Didn't overplay as much. Teething problems for a player who's perhaps not in the form he was in at the start of the season. Willock had an OK game, not quite as dominant as he was in the previous game. Feel like I have to stick up for Willock a bit - nobody seems to rate him that much, but he's got tremendous upside.

neimad

This thread is my Happy Place on this forum. We have some quality youngsters coming through. I just hope that whoever takes over from Wenger gives the top talent a chance. Unearthing gems before they explode and supplementing them with homegrown talent is the only way we can compete in this league now.

dbig

U16 player - actually started a game for U18s v Leicester along with a host of schoolboys. Looks very talented. Will be interesting to see how he looks once he's closer to scholarship.
Nice quick feet, beautifully weighted passes, and an eye for the goal. Looks a good prospect.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Just read that he's already been offered a scholarship.

Also heard big things about 2 midfielders - Miguel Azeez and Yunus Musah. Will still be schoolboys next season but will get more U18 time next season most likely.

England u-19 lost their final game 0-2 against Macedonia. None of our youths started the game but Nelson and Nketiah came on as subs. Sancho, Foden and our former McGuane all started though so I'm not quite sure what happened there!

HBL

Established Member
Nketiah is definitley the guy I’m most excited about. His movement and awareness is top notch for someone of his age. Undecided if I’d want to keep him or loan him next season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
England u-19 lost their final game 0-2 against Macedonia. None of our youths started the game but Nelson and Nketiah came on as subs. Sancho, Foden and our former McGuane all started though so I'm not quite sure what happened there!
Was a very spirited Macedonia performance, while England were quite poor. McGuane was decent but they missed Willock IMO, he's the best CM in that particular squad that was chosen. Sancho was also uncharacteristically poor, looked unfit. Foden was decent when he came inside, while Mount was the best player (he's far advanced for U19 level IMO, he's probably close to U21s in experience, he'll be very useful to the U19s this summer). Nelson was actually good when he came on, looked better in this cameo than he did in the previous two games. Nketiah also impressed in his very short time on the field and I think it's clear that despite playing wide, he's the best number 9 in the squad, even though Hirst and Brereton have the first team experience that he doesn't have.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The U19 squas are in the final of the Dallas Cup. We beat Man U in the semi on penalties. We were losing 2-0 but substitute Saka scored both our goals to take it to extra time and pens.

We are going to start talking about Bukayo Saka very very soon. Looking like a very big talent indeed. Shades of AMN and Nelson as schoolboys.

Here's a couple clips from last season for the U16s.

Aevi

Hale End FC
The U19 squas are in the final of the Dallas Cup. We beat Man U in the semi on penalties. We were losing 2-0 but substitute Saka scored both our goals to take it to extra time and pens.

We are going to start talking about Bukayo Saka very very soon. Looking like a very big talent indeed. Shades of AMN and Nelson as schoolboys.

Here's a couple clips from last season for the U16s.

That first clip is dirrrrty :drool:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom