• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,025

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Only thing is what happens to Nelson , Nketiah , Willock now Wengers left :eek:

You could tell Wenger had taken those 3(and AMN) under his wings, will be interesting to see what happens now, but signs were encouraging from Gazidis press conference.. It really looks like this might be the best the Arsenal academy has ever been, would love it if a few of them can make it here.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This was a game we won in 2nd gear I thought, the brilliance of the main players carrying us. This is a great achievement for these young players and it should be a very good platform from which to continue developing.

I thought Josh DaSilva was really impressive today and on the strength of this season, has done as much development as Joe Willock has. I hope he gets more of a look in next year or at least gets a very good loan. He could dominate games in midfield.

Nelson and Nketiah were on fire but it was Nketiah who really showed how good he could be. It was an excellent CF performance with great speed, dribbling and link-up play. Some of his movement was impeccable. It's a shame for him that he has 2 great strikers (and Welbeck) ahead of him, but if he continues to develop at this rate he could still be an excellent striker for us. With a new manager coming in, I really truly hope that all these guys get a chance. It's important we sign a manager who will do that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The funny thing is that I really believe Wenger will be just as happy about this achievement today as he is sad about his departure. Hopefully this will be a good generation and the players Wenger has given debuts to will go on to honour his legacy.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Wenger should try to give the U23 players all their full debuts.

Da Silva, Emile Smith Rowe, Dragomir...all deserve a shot too. Hopefully he continues to mix the team up in the League.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wenger should try to give the U23 players all their full debuts.

Da Silva, Emile Smith Rowe, Dragomir...all deserve a shot too. Hopefully he continues to mix the team up in the League.
I think once our 6th position is relatively safe then we will see it. We'll probably see a very young side v Man United, given the tie is sandwiched inbetween the Atletico double header. Not sure if Smith-Rowe will get a game, might be a tad too early for him but he's had a very strong season so you never know. Dragomir also kinda tailed off towards the end of the season. I like him though, clever and a good technician.

Will be of great interest to see.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The funny thing is that I really believe Wenger will be just as happy about this achievement today as he is sad about his departure. Hopefully this will be a good generation and the players Wenger has given debuts to will go on to honour his legacy.

He would be definitely because it means we are a proper football club .

Congratulation to all involved massive achievement from where we were.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You could tell Wenger had taken those 3(and AMN) under his wings, will be interesting to see what happens now, but signs were encouraging from Gazidis press conference.. It really looks like this might be the best the Arsenal academy has ever been, would love it if a few of them can make it here.

Yeah noticed that in the last few months , so many vids and pictures with those three guys and Wenger on the training ground .

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

After yesterday, final stats for the league winning season:

Eddie Nketiah: Played 13, scored 12, assisted 2. Contributed 14 goals in 13 games as a ST.

Reiss Nelson: Played 11, scored 9, assisted 3. Contributed 12 goals in 11 games as a winger.

These two boys are first team players from next season you’d hope. 18 years of age and too good for u23 level.

Shows the depth as well that our two best youngsters only played half the games and we still won the league.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s exciting to me how, as good as this u23 team is, our u18 team from what I’ve heard is even better.

Guessing if Nelson, Nketiah and Willock get promoted next season, we’ll see Smith-Rowe, Amaechi and John-Jules promoted as their replacements? What about Saka? Coyle? Balogun? The new stars at u18 level? @MutableEarth

Really good stuff.

HBL

Established Member
Nelson is almost certain to be in the fold next season, Welbeck should be sold and then we’d have Nketiah as the third striker.

I guess it depends on what manager we appoint and what formation we play. If it’s 442 they might both be here.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It’s exciting to me how, as good as this u23 team is, our u18 team from what I’ve heard is even better.

Guessing if Nelson, Nketiah and Willock get promoted next season, we’ll see Smith-Rowe, Amaechi and John-Jules promoted as their replacements? What about Saka? Coyle? Balogun? The new stars at u18 level? @MutableEarth

Really good stuff.
John-Jules and Amaechi are the ready-made replacements for Nketiah and Nelson. John-Jules isn't quite as clinical as Nketiah can be, but he still has an excellent record of 15 in 20 this season and a stellar all-round game for his age. While Amaechi has shown he has the final 3rd play to be able to step in for Nelson quite easily. Coyle will also likely step up too, although he's had a pretty quiet season, so I would expect to see the likes of Gilmour or Robbie Burton becoming regulars for the U23s.

Smith-Rowe has solidified his spot as the de facto U23 talisman though once the others move up. DaSilva will probably get himself a loan somewhere as he's going to be 20 soon. While Smith-Rowe doesn't have DaSilva's power, he's clever, immensely gifted in the technique department and has a good enough physique to cope. Has the ability to change games on a whim.

For the U18s, there'll be another huge intake this year as the U16s are meant to be pretty good. Seen an 8 minute video of Josh Martin (posted it) and he looks a player. We'll also see Miguel Azeez become more of a regular, another highly rated midfielder. Saka will be the main man of that team I reckon - once the others are called up, he and Balogun will be the main threat in that U18s lineup. Remains to be seen if they will be as strong as they were this year - the work of Ballard, Burton, Smith, Medley, Thompson and Daley-Campbell mustn't go unnoticed. Some of those guys will still be playing for the U18s possibly.

The next season will be an exciting one, whatever happens. But the focus should now be on the remaining finals - the Youth Cup against Chelsea and the PLI Cup v Porto. I have a feeling we could win the latter, the former will be the tough task and a huge test for the U18 side. One interesting fact to note though - Reiss Nelson is still eligible for the Youth Cup final despite not playing any of the previous rounds. There's a possibility that they may include Nelson in the final to give the team a boost. Saying that, I do think that an on-song Amaechi, John-Jules, Smith-Rowe, Coyle and Saka can hurt Chelsea.

Nelson is almost certain to be in the fold next season, Welbeck should be sold and then we’d have Nketiah as the third striker.

I guess it depends on what manager we appoint and what formation we play. If it’s 442 they might both be here.
They have to be thought of in the equation. While U23 football isn't the greatest litmus test of quality, the numbers they put up were very decent. Contributed to over a goal in every game they played on average - some achievement.

HBL

Established Member
John-Jules and Amaechi are the ready-made replacements for Nketiah and Nelson. John-Jules isn't quite as clinical as Nketiah can be, but he still has an excellent record of 15 in 20 this season and a stellar all-round game for his age. While Amaechi has shown he has the final 3rd play to be able to step in for Nelson quite easily. Coyle will also likely step up too, although he's had a pretty quiet season, so I would expect to see the likes of Gilmour or Robbie Burton becoming regulars for the U23s.

Smith-Rowe has solidified his spot as the de facto U23 talisman though once the others move up. DaSilva will probably get himself a loan somewhere as he's going to be 20 soon. While Smith-Rowe doesn't have DaSilva's power, he's clever, immensely gifted in the technique department and has a good enough physique to cope. Has the ability to change games on a whim.

For the U18s, there'll be another huge intake this year as the U16s are meant to be pretty good. Seen an 8 minute video of Josh Martin (posted it) and he looks a player. We'll also see Miguel Azeez become more of a regular, another highly rated midfielder. Saka will be the main man of that team I reckon - once the others are called up, he and Balogun will be the main threat in that U18s lineup. Remains to be seen if they will be as strong as they were this year - the work of Ballard, Burton, Smith, Medley, Thompson and Daley-Campbell mustn't go unnoticed. Some of those guys will still be playing for the U18s possibly.

The next season will be an exciting one, whatever happens. But the focus should now be on the remaining finals - the Youth Cup against Chelsea and the PLI Cup v Porto. I have a feeling we could win the latter, the former will be the tough task and a huge test for the U18 side. One interesting fact to note though - Reiss Nelson is still eligible for the Youth Cup final despite not playing any of the previous rounds. There's a possibility that they may include Nelson in the final to give the team a boost. Saying that, I do think that an on-song Amaechi, John-Jules, Smith-Rowe, Coyle and Saka can hurt Chelsea.

They have to be thought of in the equation. While U23 football isn't the greatest litmus test of quality, the numbers they put up were very decent. Contributed to over a goal in every game they played on average - some achievement.
Nketiah is far too good to ignore. Has the potential to be elite, his movement and the way he uses his body are so impressive. Whilst being deadly in front of goal. Decent in the air as well, despite not being the most physically imposing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nketiah is far too good to ignore. Has the potential to be elite, his movement and the way he uses his body are so impressive. Whilst being deadly in front of goal. Decent in the air as well, despite not being the most physically imposing.
It's his mentality more than anything. He's not just a predator in the box, he's a predator full stop. Preys on defenders, as soon as he bests them once, he has them every time. He's quite relentless in this way. All it takes is a feint or a movement and that's it. He uses his body extremely well and actually has decent enough dribbling that he can beat players to make enough space for a shot. Nketiah remains a highly interesting prospect as he can be as good as he wants to be, and his mentality will see to it as well as his ability.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom