• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,962

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Traore could be on his way out.

Sky Sports News understands Portuguese giants Benfica have made an approach to sign Arsenal full-back Armand Traore.

The Frenchman has struggled to make an impact at Emirates Stadium since his arrival at the club five years ago and he has featured just 31 times for the first team.

He spent the 2008/09 season on loan at Portsmouth and made only 13 appearances in all competitions upon his return to Arsenal last season.

Traore is behind Gael Clichy and Kieran Gibbs in the pecking order for the left-back role and may now be allowed to leave North London.

Benfica are understood to be interested in either a loan or permanent deal and are awaiting a response from Gunners boss Arsène Wenger.

ricky1985

Established Member
Arsenal agree deal with VFB Stuttgart for Gnabry
Arsenal have agreed a deal with VfB Stuttgart to sign Serge Gnabry. The midfielder will complete the transfer in July next year after his 16th birthday.

Gnabry has now returned to Germany after a 10 day trial with the Gunners in which he featured in two behind closed doors friendlies, scoring in the second against Birmingham City. Young Guns revealed two days ago the two clubs were in negotiations for Serge’s signature, and we can now confirm an agreement has been reached. Arsenal are expected to hand over around £100,000 in compensation for the highly rated play-maker.

Serge, who is eligible to represent either Germany or Ivory Coast at international level, is a pacy, strong attack minded midfielder who can play on the right or behind the striker. He was a key part of the Stuttgart Under 16 side which won the Nike Cup earlier this year, picking up the Player of the Tournament award on the back of a 30 goal season.

Gnabry is expected to train with Arsenal during the Bundesliga winter break in January, giving him a chance to acclimatize to life in North London before his summer move.

Sounds promising. I've read elsewhere that he is the best player of the 1995 generation in German football.

M+D

Established Member
Squad for Platinum One challenge, with our first game tomorrow Vs Man United.

James Shea
Ignasi Miquel
Henri Lansbury
Mark Randall
Benik Afobe
Havard Nordtveit
Gavin Hoyte
Nico Yennaris
Thomas Cruise
Cedric Evina
Daniel Boateng
Craig Eastmond
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Emmanuel Frimpong
Chuks Aneke
Roarie Deacon
Rhys Murphy
Jay Simpson
Wellington Alves da Silva
Damian Emiliano Martinez Romero

Very strong squad there.

ricky1985

Established Member
This is the game in Ireland, right?

Should be fun for any of you Irish lads that can get there. That's a tasty squad.

M+D

Established Member
Yeah that's the one Ricky.

If anyone on here does go along I'd definitely be interested to hear people's first impressions of Martinez and Wellington anyway.

And Jay Simpson going along presumably means his move to Hull isn't as close as rumours suggested.

Edit: Wellington goes back to Brazil September 5th and will return here permanently in January when he turns 18.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Is Wellington now a part of our squad, or will he be returning back to Fluminense?
We're in the process of applying for permission from the Home Office to get permission for Wellington to stay until January (and then beyond). Training and playing in behind closed doors matches, rather than return to Brazil, and then come back in 4 months time when he's 18, as was originally planned.

ricky1985

Established Member
M+D said:
Edit: Wellington goes back to Brazil September 5th and will return here permanently in January when he turns 18.
Has there been a development then, M+D? Were we not successful in getting permission for him to stay, or was that never the case?

M+D

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
M+D said:
Has there been a development then, M+D? Were we not successful in getting permission for him to stay, or was that never the case?

I didn't realise that we were trying to get permission for him to stay tbh Ricky, everything I've read suggests he'll go back to Fluminense on the 5th.

Player's aren't allowed to leave Brazil until they turn 18 as far as I know anyway, are they? I thought it was an employment law or something?

Like with Fabio and Rafael.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Does he look like the real deal? Especially compared to Wilshere and Cesc when they were in the youth teams.
I haven't seen him, mate.

Be interested to see what any of the Irish boys who get a chance to take a look at him think.

ricky1985

Established Member
M+D said:
ricky1985 said:
M+D said:

I didn't realise that we were trying to get permission for him to stay tbh Ricky, everything I've read suggests he'll go back to Fluminense on the 5th.

Player's aren't allowed to leave Brazil until they turn 18 as far as I know anyway, are they? I thought it was an employment law or something?

Like with Fabio and Rafael.

Arsenal are keen to keep Wellington training until January
Arsenal are looking into the possibility of keeping Brazilian forward Wellington Silva in North London, not returning him to parent club Fluminense later this month. Silva is currently training with the Gunners before he’s able to complete his switch in January.

Flu coach Muricy Ramalho had made Silva a part of his first-team plans for the new Série A season, yet he’s used the 17-year-old sparingly. Chairman Roberto Horcades and Ramalho are now looking at experienced heads to improve on the club’s league position, bringing in the likes of Juliano Belletti and Deco from Chelsea. It means match minutes for the youngster will be limited to the youth teams.

Silva has spent part of the summer in North London on what he describes as an “acclimatization period”. Arsenal have got a temporary training visa for the youngster meaning he can play in friendly matches, as he doesn’t need to be registered. The Gunners can’t confirm his signing, thus meaning they can register him as an Arsenal player, until Wellington turns 18, in January.

Ivan Gazidis and his team are now considering the possibility of keeping the fleet-footed winger in North London – where he can train and play in behind closed door games until January, when he will be able to finally complete the switch.

Arsenal currently own 65% of Silva’s ownership, and will buy the other 35% in January.

<a class="postlink" href="http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/08/arsenal-keen-to-keep-wellington-training-until-january/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/08/arse ... l-january/</a>

Read this in a few different places, but haven't heard the outcome as of yet.

ricky1985

Established Member
Arsenal end interest in Miyaichi
Arsenal have ended their interest in Ryo Miyaichi after the Japanese winger had his leg badly broken during a trial match with Ajax. Miyaichi had previously spent a week training with the Gunners and had impressed Arsène Wenger.

Ryo featured in two of Arsenal’s second-string matches during pre-season, playing 60 and 45 minutes against Boreham Wood and AFC Wimbledon. The tricky left winger had already agreed on a trial with Ajax, but left North London with encouraging words from Wenger and the promise that scouts would be following his progress.

However, Miyaichi suffered a double break to his fibula after being victim of a horror tackle during a friendly against SVV Scheveningen. The Ajax coaching staff were left distraught by the injury. Reports in the Netherlands suggest Ryo was on the cusp of winning a contract with the Dutch giants.

How sad for the kid.

M+D

Established Member
Cheers for that Ricky, I'd be surprised if that happens but Young Guns do get a lot of things right.

Looks like Gary Neville will be lining up against the reserves tomorrow night for United btw, along with the likes of Fabio and Cleverley.

And horrible for Miyaichi, seemed to impress everyone who watched him in the friendlies he played in for us.

ricky1985

Established Member
Would be nice to see Wellington give Neville the run around when we play them!

As for Miyaichi, the ups and downs of football eh? One minute he's maybe choosing between Ajax and Arsenal, and the next he's back in Japan nursing a double fracture to his leg. Wish him all the very best.

qs

Established Member
Heres the squad

James Shea
Ignasi Miquel
Henri Lansbury
Mark Randall
Benik Afobe
Havard Nordtveit
Gavin Hoyte
Nico Yennaris
Thomas Cruise
Cedric Evina
Daniel Boateng
Craig Eastmond
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Emmanuel Frimpong
Chuks Aneke
Roarie Deacon
Rhys Murphy
Jay Simpson
Wellington Alves da Silva (training with the Club)
Damian Emiliano Martinez Romero (training with the Club)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Horrific news for Miyachi. However if he's good we should still sign him up despite the injury. Maybe AW is afraid of Eduardo II after effects

qs

Established Member
Not going to the United game but I'm going to watch them play Rovers on Sunday

Latest posts+

Top Bottom