• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,731

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, implicating someone who already left the club as having problems with coaching is a weird angle. Could have left it with the players internally.

Sullied what was a good season for the U23s although with the talent we had consistently available it should not have been a great surprise.

neimad

That's so weird that an article would get printed like that without any substance or did they just get the players name wrong I wonder. Hopefully the whole story is wrong. Don't want that **** at the club.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's been England's best player overall. First game Saka was good, second the West Brom winger was good, nobody else has really stood out. I don't think this is a great set of players to be honest, but Amaechi stands out clearly.

In the first couple of games he should have had a few assists and in the third game he should have had three.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's been England's best player overall. First game Saka was good, second the West Brom winger was good, nobody else has really stood out. I don't think this is a great set of players to be honest, but Amaechi stands out clearly.

In the first couple of games he should have had a few assists and in the third game he should have had three.
Yeah, he is the "Sancho" of this group. The technical security they had with the 2000s aren't there really. The Arsenal boys have it in spades but that's it. John-Jules has lost form aswell. I think if he was firing, the team would look more dangerous. The midfield and strikers are the weak points so far. Balogun missed a golden chance in the last game too.

Amaechi can drag teams forward with his dribbling. He has been described as a left footed Nelson and I feel they have similar strengths. I do wish Amaechi would see more of the ball in the final 3rd. He seems the most capable of scoring or providing the final ball.

Could be an excellent player for us as he has a real potential for end product to go with his pace and dribbling.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Juventus have signed Musah apparently.
Just seen it. Shocking one that, Musah is meant to be class. Interesting indeed.

We still have Azeez though. Got to see a bit of him and he's a very interesting prospect. Tall, technical, good passing and dribbling. Need to see more of him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nelson and Nketiah shortlisted for player of the year at u23 level along with 4 others.

Tough one.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Before bullying our reserve team is one of the worst in the league. After bullying they are champions. We now know what quality we should be looking for to sort out the main team I guess. :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Amaechi the star of the show - has just made it 2-0 to England
He's gonna miss the Semi though with an unfortunate booking (literally, he slipped :lol:).

He's definitely been England's best player in the tournament though. The other attackers haven't been the consistent threat he has been. He's still unbelievably raw though, but his foundations are excellent and his ceiling high.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Amaechi is very good but I swear I think Saka is the better dribbler of the two.
Saka has excellent close-control definitely. Could definitely argue that. What happens with Saka could be very interesting. Amaechi's undoubtedly a final 3rd player, whereas Saka has excelled in this tournament on both wings and at left back.

I do think Saka is arguably the cleaner dribbler. Amaechi, while being relatively good technically and shown some outrageously good touches, is very raw and unpredictable at this point. The irony is that Amaechi is the pro and Saka won't be a scholar till this summer!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Holland will probably beat Ireland. Can’t see England beating them without Laird and Amaechi.

Somebody needs to step up.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Holland will probably beat Ireland. Can’t see England beating them without Laird and Amaechi.

Somebody needs to step up.
Their best bet is basically to shoehorn Saka into Amaechi's spot. They've been the two most exciting players who make the most happen. This group really lack control in the middle though, even worse with Tommy Doyle injured. Mason Greenwood is a big miss, as is Curtis Jones. However, they still have Trae Coyle, who hasn't played any minutes so far in this tournament. He's had a very quiet season and hasn't quite hit form, but he's the most technically secure player and should have been given a run out so far.

nick gould

Saka has excellent close-control definitely. Could definitely argue that. What happens with Saka could be very interesting. Amaechi's undoubtedly a final 3rd player, whereas Saka has excelled in this tournament on both wings and at left back.

I do think Saka is arguably the cleaner dribbler. Amaechi, while being relatively good technically and shown some outrageously good touches, is very raw and unpredictable at this point. The irony is that Amaechi is the pro and Saka won't be a scholar till this summer!

I came to this forum to find out what people think of our future wing forwards. Nelson, Amaechi and Saka. Who has a higher ceiling? Nelson played well for the first team as a wing back this season but his performances further forward were a bit underwhelming. It's rare for all similar players to make it through. If we were to choose now who would we choose and why? Pace, dribbling ability, passing ability in general, passing ability in the final third and finishing ability.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

England v Holland at 7pm on ITV4 tonight.

Amaechi suspended. Saka and Daley-Campbell should start.

Latest posts

Top Bottom