• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,510

9jagooner

I reckon the youngsters will play against Boreham Wood and the rest of the team will go on tour.

Last edited:

Relic

Signed 16 year old Sam Greenwood,

https://talksport.com/football/3982...d-signing-sunderland-wonderkid-sam-greenwood/

"
United were known admirers of the striker, who grabbed six goals and six assists for Sunderland’s Under-18s last season.

However, Greenwood has instead signed a scholarship contract with the Gunners and will agree professional terms when he turns 17 in January.

He said: “Today is the start of a new chapter in my life signing for Arsenal and I can’t wait to get started, I’m looking forward to the challenges ahead.

“Leaving Sunderland after 10 years, the club I love and support was a very hard decision.

“I have met some special people along the way, big thanks to Sunderland and all coaches past and present for everything they have done for me.

“I will never forget my roots.”

3 of his goals

Know anything about this kid @MutableEarth ?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Signed 16 year old Sam Greenwood,

https://talksport.com/football/3982...d-signing-sunderland-wonderkid-sam-greenwood/

"
United were known admirers of the striker, who grabbed six goals and six assists for Sunderland’s Under-18s last season.

However, Greenwood has instead signed a scholarship contract with the Gunners and will agree professional terms when he turns 17 in January.

He said: “Today is the start of a new chapter in my life signing for Arsenal and I can’t wait to get started, I’m looking forward to the challenges ahead.

“Leaving Sunderland after 10 years, the club I love and support was a very hard decision.

“I have met some special people along the way, big thanks to Sunderland and all coaches past and present for everything they have done for me.

“I will never forget my roots.”

3 of his goals

Know anything about this kid @MutableEarth ?
Only seen him once for England. Tall and technical, comfy with both feet and good link play.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ffs killed a dream I had for a whole minute :lol:
Things change - he may yet still declare for Ireland - he played for them also but he was picked for the Montagu Tournament regardless. All depends on who progresses at CF for England. He can also play wide to be fair.

have we got some kind of arrangement with Rogers?
Not sure, but wouldn't mind if it was true. Rodgers is pretty good with developing players. Celtic seems like a decent location for loanees on the brink of first team football - which Dasilva already is IMO (arguably more ready than Willock).

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

have we got some kind of arrangement with Rogers?
No such arrangement. The first move is permanent and well the second one I'm not so sure on.

We should link up more with Celtic and to a lesser extent Rangers (Although not sure what they'd actually pay us). The experience they'd gain playing infront of 50k plus fans every other week with the expectation of winning every week is something that cannot be taught and is a necessary requirement to play for Arsenal.

Obviously as well Rodgers is a fantastic coach, basically helped to develop the current England team :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://www.arsenal.com/news/young-gun-xavier-amaechi

I settled in very quickly. The training at Hale End was superb and my new team-mates were all top-quality players. I learnt a lot over that time and pushed on well to the point that I first became involved in the under-18s when I was 15. I also featured from the start in a 4-1 win over Liverpool when I was an under-16 schoolboy player.

I believe that experience helped me get a good grounding for my challenge now as a scholar. I got an insight as to the standard and what was required. I’m working hard on adding more goals and assists to my game because that is how we are judged as attacking midfielders. I tend to play on the wing and I would say I’m an Arjen Robben-style player.

My proudest moment in football so far, apart from joining Arsenal and being offered a scholarship, was when I was voted Player of The Tournament in the San Bonifacio Cup the other season. We were involved with Real Madrid, Flamenco, Juventus and Atalanta. As a team we only finished fifth and that was disappointing, but the fact that despite that I received that honour made me really proud.

It normally goes to a player who got to the final or scored loads of goals. I didn’t do either, but the judges said they were impressed with my contribution, skills and influence on games. It was a massive confidence boost for me and I was very proud.

I've become a huge fan of this player over the course of the last 6 months. Having got to watch him over 90 mins at least 10 times, he's impressed me more and more every single time. Excellent 1v1, beats players for fun and has a more than decent final ball. I can recall at least 2 matches where he created 5+ decent chances - all of which weren't converted annoyingly. He's absurdly fast over short and long distances and can dribble at pace. He just needs to develop a bit more of an eye for goal, which he has been doing given he scored a number of goals last season, including one against Chelsea in the Youth Cup final games.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/young-gun-xavier-amaechi

I've become a huge fan of this player over the course of the last 6 months. Having got to watch him over 90 mins at least 10 times, he's impressed me more and more every single time. Excellent 1v1, beats players for fun and has a more than decent final ball. I can recall at least 2 matches where he created 5+ decent chances - all of which weren't converted annoyingly. He's absurdly fast over short and long distances and can dribble at pace. He just needs to develop a bit more of an eye for goal, which he has been doing given he scored a number of goals last season, including one against Chelsea in the Youth Cup final games.

Should never have got the yellow card earlier this summer that kept him out against Holland I think it was. Was so vital for England attack and was only getting better and better as the tournament went on.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Should never have got the yellow card earlier this summer that kept him out against Holland I think it was. Was so vital for England attack and was only getting better and better as the tournament went on.
Agreed, was never a caution. They moved Saka into RW instead I think, and I thought he was very impressive too - but the sheer explosiveness and regularity with which Amaechi was beating players and setting up dangerous opportunities meant it was a huge blow. He created so many chances for them.

I think he has a real opportunity this season to make a steep rise to first team football. He's physically adept and quick enough to trouble any full back. He's currently still training with the U23s though, but I'd imagine he has yet to earn his way ahead of the attackers we have. His advantage is that we have a complete dearth of his type of player. He has the air of a Bale or Robben, an explosive wide man with 1v1 skills. He has all the missing ingredients bar 1st team experience. I for one cannot wait until he gets that shot.

Smith-Rowe has next for now though in terms of the untested.

Agreed, was never a caution. They moved Saka into RW instead I think, and I thought he was very impressive too - but the sheer explosiveness and regularity with which Amaechi was beating players and setting up dangerous opportunities meant it was a huge blow. He created so many chances for them.

I think he has a real opportunity this season to make a steep rise to first team football. He's physically adept and quick enough to trouble any full back. He's currently still training with the U23s though, but I'd imagine he has yet to earn his way ahead of the attackers we have. His advantage is that we have a complete dearth of his type of player. He has the air of a Bale or Robben, an explosive wide man with 1v1 skills. He has all the missing ingredients bar 1st team experience. I for one cannot wait until he gets that shot.

Smith-Rowe has next for now though in terms of the untested.

Its favoring our pool of very talented attackers that we haven't sign any attacker so far this summer.

Even Akpom is getting a look in!

So chance for everyone to work very hard and impress this season!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Its favoring our pool of very talented attackers that we haven't sign any attacker so far this summer.

Even Akpom is getting a look in!

So chance for everyone to work very hard and impress this season!
Well we're already pretty top heavy in terms of forwards and attacking midfielders but a real dearth of wide men. That IMO is how Akpom, Nelson, Nketiah, Smith-Rowe and Amaechi can get in.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom