• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,807

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Surprised Sheaf isn't training with the first team. Or is he and I've missed something?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Too many CBs. Both he and Bielik are training with U23s. The fact that so many players were not at the WC has ensured space is limited.
Do you think both would be training with the first team if circumstances with the WC were different? I view them in the same boat as Willock when it comes to making it (not so much Nketiah, Nelson, Smith-Rowe).

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Crowley wanted to play. He had not progressed as much as the club would have liked - not due to ability but he apparently had some attitude problems. He's rebuilding his career in Holland right now.
I'd have thought they would discard Zelalem before Crowley

Crowley attitude stank the place up after one loan I remember. I remember he came back after that loan and was playing with u-23 and we were losing by one goal and we had corner. Crowley was post to take the corner but he was just walking with the ball very slowly to the corner flag.

It just one example of course but I think he was extremely frustrated by him self how things had turned out after that loan. Felt like he almost gave up at that point making it here. Hope he can have a good career, he was a big talent!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Do you think both would be training with the first team if circumstances with the WC were different? I view them in the same boat as Willock when it comes to making it (not so much Nketiah, Nelson, Smith-Rowe).
If Koscielny didn't get injured and Mustafi was called up, then most likely.

Zelalem strikes me as being a slightly more malleable character. That and the fact that he tore his ACL over the summer last year when he likely would have been let go.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Crowley attitude stank the place up after one loan I remember. I remember he came back after that loan and was playing with u-23 and we were losing by one goal and we had corner. Crowley was post to take the corner but he was just walking with the ball very slowly to the corner flag.

It just one example of course but I think he was extremely frustrated by him self how things had turned out after that loan. Felt like he almost gave up at that point making it here. Hope he can have a good career, he was a big talent!
that is a great insight. I remember him being called the new Wilshere.

Zelalem strikes me as being a slightly more malleable character. That and the fact that he tore his ACL over the summer last year when he likely would have been let go.
hope he does well.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I just kind of realised that noone has come through our own academy has made it with us lol(You could say wilshere but..) . And no one we bought has developed into a good player here in forever.

Fecking sad.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I just kind of realised that noone has come through our own academy has made it with us lol(You could say wilshere but..) . And no one we bought has developed into a good player here in forever.

Fecking sad.
Iwobi and AMN

Nelson, Nketiah...also Willock played quite a lot.

nick gould

Joe Wilock comes from a footballing family though and it oftenly can make a difference. Clubs use that when making a decision on which player to gamble on.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Joe Wilock comes from a footballing family though and it oftenly can make a difference. Clubs use that when making a decision on which player to gamble on.
Waiting to see what happens when Willock finally grows into his new frame. Got big very quick - was a small, nippy technical #10/winger. I still think there's way more to come from Willock.

Preacher

Always Crying
How close Xavier Amaechi is to get a run in the first team for example in the Carabao cup ? How far along is his development in comparison with Nelson. I know, that he's 1 year younger than Reiss, but physically he looks capable even now.

Last edited:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I couldn't be bothered to start a new thread & I couldn't find his page in particular so I'll just ask here, does Joel Campbell have a future with us this year or will he be off by the end of the window? I see a lot of people don't rate him & obviously be hoping he heads but I reckon he is a good player if he is given a good & fair chance. Problem was Wenger I thought never gave him a good go. What is the point of signing people if you dont give them a good & fair go to be honest? Wenger sent him out on loan just about every year season he signed him apart from 1 season with us.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How close Xavier Amaechi is to get a run in the first team for example in the Carabao cup ? How far along is his development in comparison with Nelson. I know, that he's 1 year younger than Reiss, but physically he looks capable even now.
He's probably just a little bit further back in his development. He's got excellent base traits for a wide player (pace, acceleration, 1v1 dribbling, good final ball) but he's ultimately still more raw compared to the more rounded Nelson.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amaechi pushes his way into contention over the course of the season but he needs to impress more for the u23s first. He's already on his way to doing that. He will likely take Nelson's place as the main threat alongside Smith-Rowe. His performances for the u23s this season coming will be a good indicator of how far away he is from getting a little audition.

I couldn't be bothered to start a new thread & I couldn't find his page in particular so I'll just ask here, does Joel Campbell have a future with us this year or will he be off by the end of the window? I see a lot of people don't rate him & obviously be hoping he heads but I reckon he is a good player if he is given a good & fair chance. Problem was Wenger I thought never gave him a good go. What is the point of signing people if you dont give them a good & fair go to be honest? Wenger sent him out on loan just about every year season he signed him apart from 1 season with us.
Campbell is gone. He has 1 year left so we will probably look to sell him. I have always thought he is a decent talent but a move would honestly be good for both parties.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He's probably just a little bit further back in his development. He's got excellent base traits for a wide player (pace, acceleration, 1v1 dribbling, good final ball) but he's ultimately still more raw compared to the more rounded Nelson.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amaechi pushes his way into contention over the course of the season but he needs to impress more for the u23s first. He's already on his way to doing that. He will likely take Nelson's place as the main threat alongside Smith-Rowe. His performances for the u23s this season coming will be a good indicator of how far away he is from getting a little audition.

Campbell is gone. He has 1 year left so we will probably look to sell him. I have always thought he is a decent talent but a move would honestly be good for both parties.
Yes unfortunately I think your right, I like Campbell & think he is a good talent but it will be best for both parties for him to move on I think aswell.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom