• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,749
  • Views 1,154,920

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pickford to Chelsea if Courtois gets his Real move maybe. This is such an annoying transfer. I wonder what we got for him. A set of tracksuits and some training cones knowing us :rolleyes:

But even so, Virginia can't replace Pickford now. He's 18. It doesn't make sense in any way.

I know it's incredibly difficult to produce academy players and even harder to produce goalies, but I thought we were onto something here. It's a real downer.

But even so, Virginia can't replace Pickford now. He's 18. It doesn't make sense in any way.

I know it's incredibly difficult to produce academy players and even harder to produce goalies, but I thought we were onto something here. It's a real downer.

Only thing we can do now is swallow this like it is the worst and hope the decision he took is the right one. He is that talented he deserve good career. Shame we lost Szczesney and him. Think they are very good GKs!

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Gazidis last job before ****ing off to Milan and year later to City is to sell our most taletend GK?

Sounds about right! :lol:

@Artisan tagged for like!
tTesN5.gif

BobP

Memri Fan
He goes from being an academy GK here to 3rd or even 2nd choice GK at Everton.

Absolute no brainer if you're Virginia.

I suspect the club want to give Okonkwo a clear run at the No. 1 GK spot for the U18s going into the future. Sort of makes sense considering the contract stand off, you'd assume the club promised him certain things.

Thoughts on the latter paragraph @MutableEarth?

Rouski

Good post, looks like he has a great temperament. One thing that I will say in Wenger's favour is that there were very few players who left the club that we regretted afterwards. Even with first-team players, most played their best football when they were at Arsenal. That is impressive after 22 years in charge. João Virgínia may be one we look back on that that we preferred if he stayed.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Can i find somewhere the actual squad from the U23?

I looked on Transfermarkt.com and there is only one goalkeeper with Iliev. This can't be right surely?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Holy sh*t, Virginia has been given the no. 13 shirt at Everton. He's really being fast-tracked I guess.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He goes from being an academy GK here to 3rd or even 2nd choice GK at Everton.

Absolute no brainer if you're Virginia.

I suspect the club want to give Okonkwo a clear run at the No. 1 GK spot for the U18s going into the future. Sort of makes sense considering the contract stand off, you'd assume the club promised him certain things.

Thoughts on the latter paragraph @MutableEarth?
The club likely pulled out the stops to keep Okonkwo, given how close it seemed he was to leaving. He's most likely the #1 for the U18s while the new Estonian goalie we have brought in will deputise for Iliev. Daniel Barden is also still on the books as a 2nd year scholar.

But Okonkwo is clearly the highest rated GK u18 now.

Holy sh*t, Virginia has been given the no. 13 shirt at Everton. He's really being fast-tracked I guess.
No other reason why he would leave. He'll be closer to the 1st team than he would be here.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
****s sake, if Virginia hits it off there I'll be properly annoyed. I can really see it happening too.

Move makes lots of sense for him though.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

So we only have one goalkeeper for our U23? Awesome.
Zelalem isn't one the picture, because of his injury?

Is somwehre a list with all names of the players?

Top Bottom