• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,774
  • Views 1,157,125

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Remember the Musonda guy posted a rant about that on Instagram and then sign a new deal with Chelsea?

Last edited:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I work for the US Federal government, I'm forced into using Comcast internet, I subscribe to Amazon Prime, and I bank with Wells Fargo. Unfortunately, some things in life force you to be hypocritical. :lol::lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I was at the game tonight. Pretty decent game with the last 10 mins or so being quite thrilling but with a disappointing end after the late equalizer. I genuinely thought we had won it at the death.

My thoughts:

- The team is definitely modelling itself on the new 1st team style; playing out from the back and pressing high without the ball. Willock was clearly the trigger man, chasing anything that moved, along with Nketiah beside him. More on Willock later.

- Smith-Rowe is clearly the main man at this level now. More touches on the ball than most and dropped very deep today often while Willock was pushed further forward. I'm almost certain they swapped positions throughout this game. He performed well.

- Nelson has outgrown this level. He even looked stronger, easily skinning players for fun. He deserved his goal as he was the biggest threat going forward.

- Willock was the best player on the pitch. Seeing Willock in the flesh over 90 mins was quite something. A few sloppy passes aside, he was the dominant force physically and technically throughout the match and Brighton found it hard to deal with him overall. Charlie Gilmour was really steady next to him, holding position and providing himself as a passing option. He's a pretty spiky player too, a lot of strong tackles from him.

- Cohen Bramall is really, really fast. He also played quite good. Tucked in a lot but dealt with his man well.

- Our new U23 defender, Danny Ballard, is my new favourite player at U23 level other than Amaechi. He wins everything, and really puts himself on the line. Not bad in possession either. Fans will absolutely love this guy if he continues to improve.

- Speaking of Amaechi, he was quiet in the first half but was a massive threat on the counter in the 2nd till he was replaced. He is also really, really fast - even faster than Bramall.

- Nketiah put in an underrated performance. He did a lot of running, a lot of linking up and a ****load of pressing. Could have had a couple of goals and should have won a penalty that the ref refused to give.

- Saka was awesome when he came on for Amaechi. He made Nelson's goal with an excellent dribble on the left. He already looks a natural at U23 level. Another one the fans will like - powerful, skilful dribbler.

- Iliev is the most error prone goalie I've ever seen. He's also a really good shot stopper. Can see why they like him but at the same time you wanna give him a slap. Could have cost us at least 2 goals but also saved at least 3 certain goals.

- Brighton had a strong team today. A few with a lot of first team experience. Proved to be an even contest.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Josh Da Silva to Brentford confirmed. Another youngster to permanently leave us this summer.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Thats sort of disappointing, I was hoping Da Silva would get a chance, I liked him when I saw highlights of the reserve games.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thats sort of disappointing, I was hoping Da Silva would get a chance, I liked him when I saw highlights of the reserve games.
Yeah, big powerful presence and a good technician - sometimes a little slow to make decisions but he's a good all-round talent.

Josh Da Silva to Brentford confirmed. Another youngster to permanently leave us this summer.
Think this actually works out as a good move. I have a feeling he'll take to the Championship with his powerful physique and driving runs. Good luck to him. Wish he would have stayed but realistically after Guendouzi's arrival, most CMs at the club are gonna be on high alert. Surprised Willock isn't looking to make a loan move or something, maybe he will. Willock absolutely dominated the Brighton game last night, he needs a loan no doubt to test himself. Da Silva will have seen the writing on the wall, which is why he rejected the new deal and went to the Championship as he's verging on 20 and needs to play (hasn't even been on loan yet). A brave decision and I think it will work out.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Onto another player that I think is still contracted, what are the chances & an update on Gedion Zelalem getting a few opportunities? Is he still worth keeping on my FIFA manager mode?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Onto another player that I think is still contracted, what are the chances & an update on Gedion Zelalem getting a few opportunities? Is he still worth keeping on my FIFA manager mode?
Zelalem is still recovering from tearing his ACL, he's not quite fit enough to appear. He'll likely get some game time for the U23s soon as he's been training.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Here's a timely repost for people just now discovering Bukayo Saka:

His highlights from last season. He's immensely talented and probably one of the biggest prospects we have. A powerful dribbler, fast and strong, very good technically and very dangerous in the final third. He's also a very competent LB, which could wind up being his way into first team plans in the future.

Top Bottom