• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,956

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
You would think Smith-Rowe should be playing for under 20 or 21, that’s his level.
They've mostly been trying to keep the players within their age group. Nelson's the only one that's moved up, primarily because he's been playing first team minutes for Hoffenheim, same with Sancho - otherwise they'd be with their age groups.

Smith-Rowe specifically has a few bodies in his way, namely one Phil Foden - who looked excellent tonight, far better than his more experienced midfield partners Tom Davies and Lewis Cook. I don't think this is a problem for Smith-Rowe - a few more games like he had in the EL and he'll get capped higher up soon enough.

HBL

Established Member
We really need to get Nketiah some game time in the cup competitions or send him out on loan. Far too talented to not be playing senior football.

Emery seems to always want to have at least 1-2 strong players in the cup line ups, playing alongside one of Laca/Aubameyang would help him so much.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Yunus Musah, Miguel Azeez and Sam Greenwood all start for England U17s.

Yet to see Miguel Azeez appear for the u18s this season but he is one of our biggest prospects.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Yunus Musah, Miguel Azeez and Sam Greenwood all start for England U17s.

Yet to see Miguel Azeez appear for the u18s this season but he is one of our biggest prospects.
Greenwood scored in a 3-1 win with Azeez getting 2 assists.

Great week for our young guns internationally.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Kwame Ampadu has left the club to join Thierry Henrys backroom staff at Monaco.

This is quite bad news for us as Ampadu has done a very good job as U18s coach in his time at the club, helping a number of our scholars to make the step up to U23 and first team level quite seamlessly. It is a loss for the club but I hope his time at Monaco (and that of our greatest goalscorer) is a successful one.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Kwame Ampadu has left the club to join Thierry Henrys backroom staff at Monaco.

This is quite bad news for us as Ampadu has done a very good job as U18s coach in his time at the club, helping a number of our scholars to make the step up to U23 and first team level quite seamlessly. It is a loss for the club but I hope his time at Monaco (and that of our greatest goalscorer) is a successful one.
Any sort of idea who we'll line up as replacement?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Any sort of idea who we'll line up as replacement?
No idea - for the time being I reckon Ampadu's #2 (I forget his name - Ken Gillard I think) will take charge of the team.

Thinking progressively, this is precisely the kind of thing Robert Pires should be doing to prove himself as he already has his badges. They could promote Trevor Bumstead also (U16s manager). Not sure what they do from here, but I think someone who has the in-game management that Ampadu potentially lacked (something we saw in the Youth Cup Final IMO) would be one way of augmenting the work he did in other areas.

It will be interesting to see what happens .

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Ampadu probably felt shafted when Ljungberg got the U23 role.

Good for him to make a go at it with Monaco. I think he is a good coach...Henry probably works very well with him.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Okonkwo trained with the first-team this weekend. Seems he's replacing Virginia as our big goalkeeper prospect.

@MutableEarth is he a big deal mostly because of his big size, or is he also a good shotstopper or good with his feet?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Okonkwo trained with the first-team this weekend. Seems he's replacing Virginia as our big goalkeeper prospect.

@MutableEarth is he a big deal mostly because of his big size, or is he also a good shotstopper or good with his feet?
He seems very comfortable with the ball at his feet despite never having been an outfielder and I've seen him make some stunning reflex saves - his ball handling could use a little work though, sometimes parries in front of him rather than away and flapped at a couple crosses. Generally has good poise and confidence otherwise.

Small sample size so I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://player.arsenal.com/video/u-18s-reading-h-highlights#

Beat Reading 4-2, our first game and first win since Ampadu's departure. Ken Gillard is taking over for now.

Balogun has been extremely prolific for the U18s. His record almost rivals that of Eddie Nketiah's. It's somewhat unfortunate for him that his competition is Nketiah himself and the well-rounded Tyreece John-Jules. And now Sam Greenwood has come onto the scene. Balogun is responding well however, and he should get some U23 minutes in some capacity this season.

Stan Flaherty is a new one. Know very little about him but he's played a few times and looked very good, coming up with impactful goals and assists. Looks a neat little attacker. Another of the 1st years doing well.

Matt Smith, captain, again looking solid too. Surprised he has not yet been offered a pro deal. He should be soon though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Top of the table clash tonight, already kicked off v Everton U23.

Line up is:

Iliev
Olowu, Ballard, Pleguezuelo, Bola,
Omole, Olayinka
John-Jules, Burton, Saka
Nketiah

Subs: Okonkwo, Balogun, Tormey, Matt Smith, Thompson

Will try and keep tabs on the score while the Leicester game is playing.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Top of the table clash tonight, already kicked off v Everton U23.

Line up is:

Iliev
Olowu, Ballard, Pleguezuelo, Bola,
Omole, Olayinka
John-Jules, Burton, Saka
Nketiah

Subs: Okonkwo, Balogun, Tormey, Matt Smith, Thompson

Will try and keep tabs on the score while the Leicester game is playing.
This game ended 0-0.

Not sure how - Eddie Nketiah was playing :lol:. Rare off day for Nketiah!

Everton remain top on goal difference. We are 2nd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom