• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,793

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I gave up after about 70 minutes. I hold my hat to you guys for watching the full game. The video cameras were not positioned well either.
Yeah, it was a tough game. Swansea were actually pretty solid.

There were some positives. I thought Medley had his best game for us. It helped that he saw a lot of the ball but he really showed true promise, especially given he's not really that rated by fans who've seen him - I think he could be an excellent ball-playing defender. Sheaf really showed his quality though when he came on. He's massively underrated.

I'm also liking James Olayinka. He's got a lot of heart and energy, and was involved in some of our best passages of play. Coyle had some bright moments but he still doesn't seem at his most confident best just yet. Nketiah was uncharacteristically wasteful, as was AMN (I can give leeway, he's been injured for a while). Matt Smith and Charlie Gilmour weren't bad IMO, but they are too similar to be a pairing IMO. Gilmour also looked lacking in match practice too.

This was a game that really needed Joe Willock IMO. He would have dominated that midfield. I think John-Jules was a miss too - does a lot of really good work on the ball during moves.

I do wonder if Nketiah is losing a bit of motivation, having been denied an opportunity so far this season despite starting like a house on fire. It would be a shame if so - we really should have loaned him. He was pretty committed despite not being in the game much but just a thought.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's like an echo chamber in here! :lol:

The U21s had a tough night tonight. 6-2 defeat v Cheltenham, likely not helped by the fact that we were a man short for the entire game after Robbie Burton got sent off a few minutes in. One of few defeats these boys will have tasted this season so there will definitely be much to learn, especially playing against Football League opposition.

One particular negative - reading twitter, Ben Sheaf was taken off after 28 mins because, and I quote, he was "having a shocker". He's just come back from injury but that will likely not sit well with a player of his talent level.

One major positive though - Gedion Zelalem is back! Came on for the last half an hour. His first game since January 2017.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wonder what relation Ljujnberg and Emery share, and how they react to a result like this.

I remember Wenger used to track the juniors progress quite closely. Anybody know about how hands-on Emery is?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I wonder what relation Ljujnberg and Emery share, and how they react to a result like this.

I remember Wenger used to track the juniors progress quite closely. Anybody know about how hands-on Emery is?
Ljungberg said he liaises quite frequently with Emery and that the u23 team follows the 1st team stylistically. I'd imagine Emery isn't necessarily as hands on as Wenger was but it appears he has a close enough relationship with the academy coaches and likely has lots of reports from them (and lots of videos on USB :lol:)

nick gould

Pleguezuelo, he has pedigree for sure. He has been on the books of Barcelona. He is only 5”11 though. He seemed quite assured on the ball - but again that should be expected. Do you guys think he has a future at Arsenal?

HBL

Established Member
Pleguezuelo, he has pedigree for sure. He has been on the books of Barcelona. He is only 5”11 though. He seemed quite assured on the ball - but again that should be expected. Do you guys think he has a future at Arsenal?
He looked taller than 5"11, I'm not sure that's correct.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He looked taller than 5"11, I'm not sure that's correct.
Nah 5'11 is about right. He's not the biggest defender, but honestly he plays in a way that it doesn't really matter. He's good aerially despite his stature and a really composed defender. He's definitely earned his call-up this season, done a great job at both CB and RB next to some inexperienced U23s in Ballard and Medley. It's about time Pleguezuelo got a game and I'm glad he did well tonight, was the better of a pairing that included a seasoned defender (a rash one, but an experienced one nonetheless).

HBL

Established Member
Nah 5'11 is about right. He's not the biggest defender, but honestly he plays in a way that it doesn't really matter. He's good aerially despite his stature and a really composed defender. He's definitely earned his call-up this season, done a great job at both CB and RB next to some inexperienced U23s in Ballard and Medley. It's about time Pleguezuelo got a game and I'm glad he did well tonight, was the better of a pairing that included a seasoned defender (a rash one, but an experienced one nonetheless).
He grew in confidence as the game went on, carried the ball out nicely a couple of times in the second half. I hope he gets some more chances in the europa league now that we've almost sealed our place in the knockout stages. Although with Kosc and Marvopanos returning in November who knows what will happen.

Top Bottom