• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,807

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
City sold him to Dortmund for a lower price than they demanded from PL clubs, so he was never coming to Arsenal tbh.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
City sold him to Dortmund for a lower price than they demanded from PL clubs, so he was never coming to Arsenal tbh.
Probably true. City can place themselves into that position given their financial doping.

But I'm not sure if I buy it completely.... Nelson, Nketiah, and Willock were all vocal on his instagram about getting him to go to Arsenal, so I think we were actually in contention. Just think he took the Dortmund route to play it safe.

Reactions: A_G

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Not really the right thread, but an interesting article and it concerns our youngsters too..

Hale end is our golden ticket back to the top imo, need to produce quality players and of course not be afraid to give them real chances..
Amaechi's name cropped up a bit too much for my liking. We need to keep him.

HBL

Established Member
One football figure who attended the under-23 match between Arsenal and Manchester City at Boreham Wood on Monday evening said “you’d probably have to go to a World Cup to find more international scouts”.

That quote really stood out though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Did he not sign a long-term contract on his 17th birthday?
They usually only sign a 2 year deal as their first contract. We would have to offer him a new one. Nelson's first was only 2 years.

Smith-Rowe is on a long term because he signed a newer deal in the summer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
One football figure who attended the under-23 match between Arsenal and Manchester City at Boreham Wood on Monday evening said “you’d probably have to go to a World Cup to find more international scouts”.

That quote really stood out though.
Two of the strongest academies in the country, filled with a plethora of youth internationals ripe for picking due to the blocked pathways to the first team. It's a haven for scouts I'd imagine.

HBL

Established Member
They usually only sign a 2 year deal as their first contract. We would have to offer him a new one. Nelson's first was only 2 years.

Smith-Rowe is on a long term because he signed a newer deal in the summer.
Did a bit of searching and couldn't find the length of the contract anywhere. I really hope he doesn't leave, would be a massive shame if either of Saka/Amaechi go. Hopefully the club are on the ball with things like this under newer regime & with likely first team football first team this season hopefully they both sign long term contracts.
Two of the strongest academies in the country, filled with a plethora of youth internationals ripe for picking due to the blocked pathways to the first team. It's a haven for scouts I'd imagine.

Remember though, our youngsters are rubbish and overhyped :lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Hopefully next season Emery will really give them a chance. Nelson and one of Saka or Amaechi to fight it out for the right-wing spot. Will be a strong signal to the kids that they don't have to move abroad to get game-time.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Did a bit of searching and couldn't find the length of the contract anywhere. I really hope he doesn't leave, would be a massive shame if either of Saka/Amaechi go. Hopefully the club are on the ball with things like this under newer regime & with likely first team football first team this season hopefully they both sign long term contracts.

Remember though, our youngsters are rubbish and overhyped :lol:
Amaechi is probably the most vulnerable of our players because he's the least exposed to first team football. I'd imagine They were there for City's boys I reckon. I think Amaechi would in theory be closer than Saka is but for his injury. As things stand, those wide positions become a bit clogged.

I think a good compromise would be a new 5 year deal for Amaechi and a loan deal to the Bundesliga for a season. I hope he is able to have some first team cameos before then. I think Saka is still young enough that he can stay and cook for the U23s for a while. He seems to be above the level already though so it remains to be seen what will happen next season.

Impact

Established Member
Next year, our wider squad (after 16 first players) should be pretty much our Academy products.

I see little reason why Daley-Campbell, Medley, Willock, Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Amaechi and Nketiah can't all form part of the squad.

Said it before, our squad should be comprised of 16 or so elite players. 11 first team starters. 5 good enough to start and can rotate into a number of roles in the starting 11. Then 8+ Academy/young talents to fill out the squad for depth.

HBL

Established Member
Amaechi is probably the most vulnerable of our players because he's the least exposed to first team football. I'd imagine They were there for City's boys I reckon. I think Amaechi would in theory be closer than Saka is but for his injury. As things stand, those wide positions become a bit clogged.

I think a good compromise would be a new 5 year deal for Amaechi and a loan deal to the Bundesliga for a season. I hope he is able to have some first team cameos before then. I think Saka is still young enough that he can stay and cook for the U23s for a while. He seems to be above the level already though so it remains to be seen what will happen next season.
Yeah I think they were probably expecting Matondo and Poveda to be playing. Matondo linked with loads of clubs in Germany, looks like he could leave permanently this window.

Think it's unrealistic to assume that Nelson, Amaechi & Saka can all be part of the squad next season. So I'd expect Nelson will competing on the fringes of the starting XI, one will go out on loan and the other will be mixed between u23's & first team.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Heard anything about how Chris Willock is doing?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Saka & Amaechi play for the u18's tonight.

Strong side.
That's about as strong as we can get. Even Greenwood misses out - Ben Cottrell has been mightily impressive for the U18s of late and already has Dortmund and Leipzig scouting him. He could be playing a #10 role tonight - he kinda reminds me of Dan Crowley (Crowley was excellent at this level, so remains to be seen how Cottrell develops but he's performed well this season). Greenwood off the bench will be a weapon though - he's had a good showing in his first season here.

Coyle can count himself somewhat unlucky to miss out on starting, but he has struggled to reach his potential this season. His injuries really curtailed his development a hell of a lot - he was considered on an equal level to Nelson at one point, such is his natural talent.

Olayinka not starting is a surprise but he has definitely dropped off since initially impressing for the U23s. McEneff - despite his injuries - seems to have done well for the U18s next to the captain Matt Smith. I think he'll be important against what will be a tough Sp**s side to beat (Sp**s are top of the U18 league this season).

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom