• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,774
  • Views 1,157,125

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Wouldn't worry about their future. Amaechi signed a new deal January 2018. That's probably a long contract to be honest.

Saka, Amaechi, ESR and Nelson are the future of this club. If nutured correctly, we have 2 devastating wingers , a goal scoring 8 and goal scoring 10.

I hope so but would like to point out people have been saying this kind of thing about our youth players for a very long time

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I hope so but would like to point out people have been saying this kind of thing about our youth players for a very long time

Since the fa youth cup winners in 2009 we've had players like Wilshere, Gibbs, Bellerin, Szczesny, Iwobi, Gnabry and Coquelin breakthrough and contribute to our first team or even being 1st choice.. Then you have players like Bartley, Hayden, Ozyakup and more who have gone on to have good careers elsewhere. That's a massive success imo and if the current crop can replicate that or be even better that would be huge for us.

Since the fa youth cup winners in 2009 we've had players like Wilshere, Gibbs, Bellerin, Szczesny, Iwobi, Gnabry and Coquelin breakthrough and contribute to our first team or even being 1st choice.. Then you have players like Bartley, Hayden, Ozyakup and more who have gone on to have good careers elsewhere. That's a massive success imo and if the current crop can replicate that or be even better that would be huge for us.

I'm a big believer that the current generation coming through can serve as basis of our team. There are couple who I believe can be starters like Smith-Rowe, Saka and Nelson. Then you have Nketiah and Willock who have done very well this season but somehow are not getting the notation they deserve. I think they can be involved with the team for a long time. Amiechi is a big talent as well and I'm not ready to count out Sheaf yet.

But even when we look back in 5 years time and only 2-3 made it here, it is still very high success rate of developing players from the academy.

neimad

Some great composed play by Balogun to set up the 4th goal. You can see when Amaechi and Saka get the ball there's something special about them. Make it look so easy.

Being hypercritical our defence does look poor at times. That first goal they scored was very soft. It seems endemic of all age groups and has been going on for decades now at this stage.

All in all though great to win that game and if some of these kids can make the step up we are in for a treat :D

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Some great composed play by Balogun to set up the 4th goal. You can see when Amaechi and Saka get the ball there's something special about them. Make it look so easy.

Being hypercritical our defence does look poor at times. That first goal they scored was very soft. It seems endemic of all age groups and has been going on for decades now at this stage.

All in all though great to win that game and if some of these kids can make the step up we are in for a treat :D
According to Jeorge Bird, best defender on the night was Mazeed Ogungbo - a schoolboy. Said Vontae Daley-Campbell had a poor first half but really stepped it up in the 2nd aswell.

neimad

According to Jeorge Bird, best defender on the night was Mazeed Ogungbo - a schoolboy. Said Vontae Daley-Campbell had a poor first half but really stepped it up in the 2nd aswell.

Just googled him and he's 16 and from Ireland. Would love to see another Irish player make the first team. They really need to sort out streaming the games. Like there's a camera at the match. In this day and age streaming it wouldn't be that expensive and people would pay to watch these games. It also helps fans build up an affinity with the players. Our social media is pretty good so it seems very odd to me that they are neglecting this aspect.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard

I'm surprised that this wasn't really discussed that much in here. It would be interesting to see if he is offered a contract in the end? My issiue is that he has not developed enough physically. I wonder if he could reinvent himself as a RB?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm surprised that this wasn't really discussed that much in here. It would be interesting to see if he is offered a contract in the end? My issiue is that he has not developed enough physically. I wonder if he could reinvent himself as a RB?
He has played there a bunch before. He's not the greatest going forward but I'd imagine he's probably a tad more agile and athletic than Lichsteiner currently is.

I didn't really mention anything about it because part of me doesn't believe they'll offer him a new deal - I think they should though. He's an important player for the U23s and has done really well to get some reputation back for himself. His only issue is that he isn't tall. 5'9 is pretty short for a CB, so maybe RB is a shout - but I feel we need someone who is offensively capable to replicate Bellerin's output.

I honestly think, with his contract issues, that Vontae Daley-Campbell should get given a pro deal on the contingency that he gets a few minutes. He's our outstanding RB prospect IMO and while Osei-Tutu is also very good, and physically ready IMO, VDC could be top class.

HBL

Established Member
Ooof. Right in the bollocks, that.
Looks like he is playing well though, Charlton and Polish fans seem to rate him highly. Probably worth signing on a new long term contract & then loaning him to Charlton again next season if they get promoted, then re-asses from there. If he plays well again we could either bring him back or sell him, you can probably get £10-15m for a decent championship level nowadays.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looks like he is playing well though, Charlton and Polish fans seem to rate him highly. Probably worth signing on a new long term contract & then loaning him to Charlton again next season if they get promoted, then re-asses from there. If he plays well again we could either bring him back or sell him, you can probably get £10-15m for a decent championship level nowadays.
Depends on what happens in the Summer. Our midfield is Xhaka, Torreira and Guendouzi. Elneny should be gone in the Summer and Ramsey will also be gone. Willock will probably either be the 4th man or on loan. Bielik has played quite a bit of men's football now in his career - a season at Birmingham as a CB and as a DM for Charlton. There's every chance he could earn his shot during pre-season and impress Emery. He's becoming a very solid defensive player and is very comfy on the ball. He'd be a great asset, whether we sell or not.

Top Bottom