• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,914

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Huh? You alright?

We had the best academy in England last season, our U21s topped their league. Willock, Pleguezuelo and Medley have also been in and around the first team and done alright, you definitely couldn't say they're poverty.
Are they ready to make breakthrough to first team? Maybe I'm being harsh but we have to improve our academy

Other than Saka Amiechi Smith-Rowe Nelson our rest of youngsters are completely poverty

Saka, Amiechi, Smith-Rowe and Nelson are big talents. Huge talents actually. If we can get 2-3 of them in the first team it would be huge success for the academy.

But calm down saying the rest are completely poverty, on what ground to you build such a comment? There are interesting talents that can go far in the game like Willock and Nketiah. There area also talents like Sheaf and Medley. Bielik and Mavrapanos.

Are they ready to make breakthrough to first team? Maybe I'm being harsh but we have to improve our academy

Improve how? Our u23 won the league last season. Our u18 is one of the best team in the country this season. The academy has wealth of attacking talents and in u18 we have very interesting midfield talents coming through.

Our academy is at very high level IMO. We need manager who is ready to take advantage of that. There has been some instances this season IMO where Emery could give the playing time to youngster but opted to give it to senior instead.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Whether or not they're ready for the step up to the first team is always up in the air, and you only really know when they're given the opportunity to prove it. But our academy players have done plenty recently to show that they're deserving of that chance.

We could always improve, but we're objectively one of the teams with the best academies in Europe atm.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Other than Saka Amiechi Smith-Rowe Nelson our rest of youngsters are completely poverty
With all due respect, this is utter bollocks.

Poverty? We won the PL2 last season, and were Youth Cup finalists, as well as finishing 2nd only to Chelsea in the U18 league. This batch we have now is very f*cking far from poverty. We need to give them chances before we write them off. Just because our manager doesn't like to use them doesn't mean they are crap.

WTF man.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Whether or not they're ready for the step up to the first team is always up in the air, and you only really know when they're given the opportunity to prove it. But our academy players have done plenty recently to show that they're deserving of that chance.

We could always improve, but we're objectively one of the teams with the best academies in Europe atm.
The improvements are already being made too! Bringing in the likes of Marcel Lucassen, Dan Micciche and Lee Heron has given our academy a stronger framework to succeed in terms of coaching and overall philosophy from the U9s and upwards.

WIth the U23s, they've done all they can individually. Willock has played out of his skin virtually all season and even scored in the games he's featured in. Nketiah might not have scored but his overall performances have been excellent despite the criticism, and that's with extremely sporadic game time. Smith-Rowe could have been here playing instead of Suarez but instead he'll likely impress at Leipzig to the point that they will probably try even harder to keep him there - and he was good in the games he played for us. Pleguezuelo, Medley and Ballard have all had good individual seasons both defensively and technically. Osei-Tutu was an ever-present force in the PL2 winning U23 team last season and is a better option at RB than all 3 of Jenks, AMN and Lichtsteiner - athletic, good going forward and a strong tackler - but hasn't even been looked at by Emery. Not even counting the guys on loan like Nelson and Bielik. Ben Sheaf is a versatile defensive player with excellent technique. There are so many squad options in this batch that will never get the opportunity.

And beyond the obvious guys like Saka and Amaechi, there's also Greenwood, Balogun, Cottrell, Musah, Azeez, Smith, John-Jules etc.

This is a very good time for our academy, and it would not only be upsetting if we manage to f*ck that up, but it will also lead to our downfall if we refuse to use these resources at all, especially given the financial constraints we have.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I think Saka would have had a field day if he'd played tonight. The kind of calculated minor risk which can make a player arrive on the scene.

Instead we plod on to defeat in the last chance of a trophy in a team with no natural wide players, despite Kolasinac's best efforts, and learn nothing except that even our first XI now struggles against modest opposition.

HBL

Established Member
Playing Tottenham tonight aren’t we? Should be a strong side out, I’m guessing the front four will be Nketiah, Willock at 10 & Saka/Amaechi either side. Mavropanos could play again.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Playing Tottenham tonight aren’t we? Should be a strong side out, I’m guessing the front four will be Nketiah, Willock at 10 & Saka/Amaechi either side. Mavropanos could play again.
Hopefully there is a stream. But yeah, given there's no league game, it'll be a stronger side. Not sure if Nketiah will play as he travelled with the 1st team - I hope he plays though, needs the minutes. Could see Freddie going 3atb.

Iliev
Pleguezuelo Mavropanos Medley
Osei-Tutu Willock Gilmour Thompson
Amaechi Nketiah Saka

Or if a back 4:

Iliev
Osei-Tutu Mavropanos Pleguezuelo Thompson
Gilmour Olayinka
Amaechi Willock Saka
Nketiah

Think the latter will be a more energetic line-up. I hope we can use Smith more at this level soon though. Need more creativity from deep.
Osei-Tutu Mavropanos

Reactions: HBL

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Barely been tested, we need to see him under pressure before drawing conclusions how far he can get!

He may not have been tested in the PL and barely in the EL but he's obviously been tested at other levels and done well enough to get a 2nd contract. From what I've seen he's very calm and assured, we'll see how he goes from here on. He'll probably go on loan next season, if he doesn't then Emery must really like him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He may not have been tested in the PL and barely in the EL but he's obviously been tested at other levels and done well enough to get a 2nd contract. From what I've seen he's very calm and assured, we'll see how he goes from here on. He'll probably go on loan next season, if he doesn't then Emery must really like him.
Testament to his improvement. Was quite error-prone last season, owing to having been a winger until just before he joined Arsenal so clearly a lot of defensive work to be done. It's very encouraging though, because he's become a hell of a lot stronger defensively and looks more secure so far this season. They're doing good work with him, particularly Ljungberg IMO. Ljungberg is proving to be an extremely valuable member of the Arsenal staff.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
We could always improve, but wäe're objectively one of the teams with the best academies in Europe atm.
I dont agree. Have not produced a great player in 20 years. Surely some other academys have?

Aevi

Hale End FC
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Top Bottom