• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,914

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Would have been cool to see Willock instead of Guendouzi today. His profile fit our needs for the game more. If top 4 is gone before last game, I hope he gets a start. Want to see how he does now compared to when he started in Pl last season.

My thoughts exactly , he should have been given more game time given some of his senior performances . I feel he would have added some dynamism to this match .

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Where is this Hutchinson kid? I thought he would be playing for u18 already like Coyle did at his age.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Where is this Hutchinson kid? I thought he would be playing for u18 already like Coyle did at his age.
I don't even think he's 15 just yet. Coyle was also a bit further along in his development. Hutchinson very skillful going by his videos but not much else known about his overall game. We'll see him appear next season most likely as he'll feature more for the U16s and as some of our U18s move up to U23, he'll eventually get a look-in. As it stands, the U18 team is a bit more experienced than in the recent past so schoolboys have to be super standout to get in (Saka last year, Azeez and Musah this year). Next season will probably be Patino's year.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He's the #10 in these clips.

So he's in the U16 group, so that's pretty close. Expect to see a cameo for U18s next year - will be tough for him to be a regular so soon.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He's the #10 in these clips.

So he's in the U16 group, so that's pretty close. Expect to see a cameo for U18s next year - will be tough for him to be a regular so soon.
We'll see, maybe it will depend on Azeez and his progress, if he moves quickly to u23 then position could be available for one Patino/Omari at u18.

Coyle will become regular for u23 from next season, he added some muscles on his body, it will be interesting to see now how his game progress. That could open additional place in u18 midfield.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We'll see, maybe it will depend on Azeez and his progress, if he moves quickly to u23 then position could be available for one Patino/Omari at u18.

Coyle will become regular for u23 from next season, he added some muscles on his body, it will be interesting to see now how his game progress. That could open additional place in u18 midfield.
Coyle has to move up anyway, he completed his 2nd year so he's ineligible for the U18s I think. Coyle always had a good athletic base, he just needed to get back to some type of form after his many injuries. He's one of our best technical talents and I really hope he kicks on next season.

Azeez needs to get a run of games at CM, and he'll likely replace Smith who I think has to move up now aswell. Depending on how much space opens up in the U23s, he'll be a mainstay. Interesting to see what happens though,

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Coyle has to move up anyway, he completed his 2nd year so he's ineligible for the U18s I think. Coyle always had a good athletic base, he just needed to get back to some type of form after his many injuries. He's one of our best technical talents and I really hope he kicks on next season.

Azeez needs to get a run of games at CM, and he'll likely replace Smith who I think has to move up now aswell. Depending on how much space opens up in the U23s, he'll be a mainstay. Interesting to see what happens though,
Unfortunately, I don't see how we could fit in Coyle in our u-23s currently.

The FA should make a rule that if the reserve/u-18s team win the competition, the parent club HAS to give starts to at least 3 of the guys. something like that.

The Chelski academy was incredible but they hardly played any of their youths.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Interesting interview with Dan Crowley, complaining about his loans to lower league clubs, in his case, league one. Sending technical players like him, or some other examples like Vela or Gnabry to WBA isn't gonna work for us in most cases. Technical players can only work with other technical players around them and with specific game approach, something we don't see often in lower leagues where we are sending them.
Since German clubs like to keep our players on the bench, and in general they are not very likely in investing time in developing our players, I would like to see more loans to Eredvise where our players usually play regular football.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
England u17s play France u17 in the 1st game of the U17euros at 7pm.

Sam Greenwood, Miguel Azeez and Yunus Musah all set to play tonight.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I was impressed by Greenwood, good pace and he can put pressure on defenders, fighting for every ball. Both him and Azeez struggled to play with the rest of the squad, midfield in particular. English players played only to impress the scouts, there was no team play and it was frustrating to watch the game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I was impressed by Greenwood, good pace and he can put pressure on defenders, fighting for every ball. Both him and Azeez struggled to play with the rest of the squad, midfield in particular. English players played only to impress the scouts, there was no team play and it was frustrating to watch the game.
Yeah, both Arsenal boys were impressive I thought, as was Madueke and Harwood-Bellis. Palmer had some good moments.

Greenwood had a real hardworking game I thought. Azeez was really good though, defensively solid and technically secure. He's the kind of player who could anchor midfield.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah, both Arsenal boys were impressive I thought, as was Madueke and Harwood-Bellis. Palmer had some good moments.

Greenwood had a real hardworking game I thought. Azeez was really good though, defensively solid and technically secure. He's the kind of player who could anchor midfield.
Madueke was one of the guys I was talking about, he played for himself. The other guy was called Rogers or something on R.
Azeez plays a very simple game unlike the other two guys, he passes the ball fast enough which helps players around him, but with Madueke other players can't take any positions as he doesn't release the ball at all.
It will be interesting to see how Azeez develops his body, technique is already there. I would like to see him adding some muscles if he is to play that anchor position.

Seems to be able to do everything. Has incredible physique and technical ability. But also positional awareness and work rate. Didn't do much offensively in second half. England were defending for whole second half. But I've heard he has incredible shoot in him too.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Jeorge Bird article on Freddie Ljungberg:

https://arseblog.news/2019/05/ljung...twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Madueke was one of the guys I was talking about, he played for himself. The other guy was called Rogers or something on R.
Azeez plays a very simple game unlike the other two guys, he passes the ball fast enough which helps players around him, but with Madueke other players can't take any positions as he doesn't release the ball at all.
It will be interesting to see how Azeez develops his body, technique is already there. I would like to see him adding some muscles if he is to play that anchor position.
Rogers definitely disappointed but I thought Madueke was effective with his dribbling. Azeez is already pretty big for his age. Doesn't turn 17 till September. 6'1 currently - with a bit more age and experience he will fill out pretty quickly IMO.

Seems to be able to do everything. Has incredible physique and technical ability. But also positional awareness and work rate. Didn't do much offensively in second half. England were defending for whole second half. But I've heard he has incredible shoot in him too.
He has a great shot. The thing is he can be any kind of midfielder he wants to be but I think he has to be moulded as a #6. Has the passing range, defensive awareness and technical security that would really come in handy. He seems capable of playing at any tempo and slowing things down when needed. I really would like to see more of him.

Top Bottom