• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,774
  • Views 1,157,221

BobP

Memri Fan

Good news, according to journo from Goal.com (I know) talks are well underway to renewing the contracts of TJJ and Amaechi.

@MutableEarth right now:

tenor.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Good news, according to journo from Goal.com (I know) talks are well underway to renewing the contracts of TJJ and Amaechi.

Beaten to the punch!

Charles Watts is pretty decent so I think there are definitely talks but whether those talks will be fruitful is another story. These particular 2 players have a LOT of interest in them and rightly so. Amaechi is the prototypical modern wide-forward - very quick, effective in the final 3rd and a good final ball/shot. A bit greedy but a lot to work with. John-Jules is a very good all-round #9 - hold up play, link-play, decent dribbler, good technically and can finish too.

I have a strong feeling that one or both of these players will still potentially leave. Amaechi seems the most vulnerable - wide players like him are very sought after, so he will command a lot of interest and the one with the most likely first team pathway could be the destination.

On the other hand, I could be wrong and the likely bench appearance in the EL final could be enough to give Amaechi the incentive to sign a new deal and go on loan next season a la Nelson.

With John-Jules, I actually have more faith that he will stay. Both Auba and Laca are not young guys, and if he is patient, in a few years he could be a lot closer to the berth than he is now. Nketiah is a huge talent but how patient he is will also be tested. It could be a case of simply waiting it out.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
This is one of our best youth classes in years, be a shame if we lost half of them due to failure to integrate them into the first team fold.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yes, and we will be particularly vulnerable IMO. A lot rests on just how eager Emery is to bring the youth through.
Said many times before, PL is not the only competition we are in. FA cup, League cup, group stage of EL,.. That's enough games to integrate young players in, and there is also loan option after the winter break when things get more serious.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Said many times before, PL is not the only competition we are in. FA cup, League cup, group stage of EL,.. That's enough games to integrate young players in, and there is also loan option after the winter break when things get more serious.
Is it enough?

To us, maybe. To them? They may want bigger challenges.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Kristian Bielik scored in the first half for Charlton against Doncaster in League One playoff
Bielik should be first on the list to get his chance next year, absolutely no excuse if he is not given that. By far the best loan in a while, and this player is ready both physically and technically.
His current competition for the spot is Elneny who is nothing player. Fixes for us many issues in midfield and defence and give us much flexibility in formation and team setup.
This is a no brainer really

Gunner-Union

Can’t see how saka and ameachi could be worse than our present wide options. Yes they are young along with Nelson but sometimes you have to jump off the deep end

Gunner-Union

Bielik should be first on the list to get his chance next year, absolutely no excuse if he is not given that. By far the best loan in a while, and this player is ready both physically and technically.
His current competition for the spot is Elneny who is nothing player. Fixes for us many issues in midfield and defence and give us much flexibility in formation and team setup.
This is a no brainer really

Seems like he’s more than just a dm. He scores a few and gets assists, maybe he can play more of a box to box role and would add some size and power too.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Is it enough?

To us, maybe. To them? They may want bigger challenges.
Hmm, let's take Nketiah for example:
2-3 starts in group stages
few starts in League cup
few starts in FA cup
5+ subs in PL
That's only before January window, after that he can go on loan and get 15 games somewhere else.
That's very realistic without taking any hit on the results, and that's a proper chance that he deserves. I would say that would be more than enough for a player of his age.
Depending on how he does, year after that he should be on a transfer list or he should be regular player for the first team, that's how I see it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Seems like he’s more than just a dm. He scores a few and gets assists, maybe he can play more of a box to box role and would add some size and power too.
Could be, that's why I think he gives us a lot of flexibility. Like for example, Torreira is a great player but he struggled against Pogba. I think Bielik would have no problems against Pogba and that's just one of the examples of what he offers and what value can a squad player add. If we do it with Elneny like now, we just replace Torreira with garbage who doesn't change anything and we are forced to put Torreira in every game until we ruin his fitness. We also had a lot of problems with CB's, this guy can cover that as well, it's surely better than having Mustafi or Monreal

Gunner-Union

And a lot of good dm now can do more than defend they can pass good and help dictate play and possession not just be a bruiser

Top Bottom