• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,612

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wtf :lol:

I can't tell if this off-the-line-block positioning is an actual intuitive talent of his or if it's masking the issue that he isn't stopping the shot from happening in the first place.
Yeah his positioning is usually good, but sometimes can be overzealous. Still a lot to learn but definitely one of the better talents there. I think he's better than Medley currently.

9jagooner

I believe ESR is still on loan until the end of next season.
Right. Thanks. I didn't know it was till end of next season. Does that mean we won't see him in preseason?

Congratulations to Bielik. He played 90 minutes yesterday as Charlton beat Sunderland in the playoff final

Impact

Established Member
Krystian Bielik has had an excellent loan spell, which culminated in a MOTM performance in the League One play-off final. Can play as a centre-back and central midfielder.

I know under Wenger he used to be held in quite high regard. I wonder what Unai and co's view is now...

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ljunberg stepping up might mean he’s in the ear of Emery more in regards to playing the younger guys.

I really hope so. We talk a good game about giving academy players chances but the truth is that we haven't given anyone chances this season. We have been short at right back which has meant AMN has filled in out of necessity. We didn't give our academy right back one opportunity. Not even one attempt to stake a claim. Instead we played a pensioner and Jenkinson who is not a premier league quality player. We were short at centre back but didnt give Medley or Ballard a shot. We were lacking depth on wide areas at one point and didn't give Saka or Amaechi a look in. Instead we took a player on loan and talked about him being a winger when he wasn't. We played Elneny ahead of Willock and when welbeck got injured,instead of developing Nketiah we gave him zero game time to make an impact.

We profess about giving youngsters a chance but we really only have integrated Iwobi. Bellerin joined when he was 16 and was played out of necessity. AMN is being used to plug holes and not develop.

What worries me is that we are bringing in young foreign players without even giving ours a chance. Guendouzi is ahead of Willock, even when he wasn't playing well. Claude Maurice and Martinelli will now come in for relatively high fees.

You have to consider that we either play two up top with no wingers or Auba will play from the left. So effectively we don't even need a 3rd striker which means Nketiah needs a loan.

Nelson needs to come back and challenge for a spot. You then have Claude Maurice also. So that means potentially one more spot for an academy player. What then becomes of Saka, Amaechi and Martinelli?

It needs to be a straight shoot out at pre season. If you don't come correct. Ie. not worked on your body, not ate right, not fit, not sharp then you get sent out on loan. You don't perform in training, you don't stand out in matches, loan. We need to see who has that mentality.

CF: Laca
LW: Auba, Claude Maurice
RW: New signing, Nelson, Saka

I think Claude Maurice is more developed and refined than ESR. I think Nelson is far more refined than Amaechi. I think Saka can offer you more as an impact player than Iwobi or Amaechi. Amaechi is more like Nelson to me. Quick feet and slow slow fast slow to beat a man. Saka just straight up runs at you. More direct by far and more ready.

I'd go with the above and loan ESR, Nketiah and Amaechi. Give Saka all the cup and impact minutes with Nelson and Claude Maurice. I would throw Martinelli in with the under 23s. If he rips it up, then we integrate him.

I would drop Iwobi deeper and develop him and AMN in a midfield role.

CM: New signing, Guendouzi
CM: AMN, Iwobi
DM: Torreira.

For the defence.If we buy a direct pacey right winger our right back cover can be an academy player. Give one of them a chance. Buy two centre halves, sell chambers and give Bielik his chance to see if he can replace Sokratis next season. Ballard, Medley and Mavropanos need loans.

Lb: New signing, Kola
RB: Bellerin, Academy
CB: Sokratis, Saliba
CB: New CB, Holding, Bielik.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I really hope so. We talk a good game about giving academy players chances but the truth is that we haven't given anyone chances this season. We have been short at right back which has meant AMN has filled in out of necessity. We didn't give our academy right back one opportunity. Not even one attempt to stake a claim. Instead we played a pensioner and Jenkinson who is not a premier league quality player. We were short at centre back but didnt give Medley or Ballard a shot. We were lacking depth on wide areas at one point and didn't give Saka or Amaechi a look in. Instead we took a player on loan and talked about him being a winger when he wasn't. We played Elneny ahead of Willock and when welbeck got injured,instead of developing Nketiah we gave him zero game time to make an impact.

We profess about giving youngsters a chance but we really only have integrated Iwobi. Bellerin joined when he was 16 and was played out of necessity. AMN is being used to plug holes and not develop.

What worries me is that we are bringing in young foreign players without even giving ours a chance. Guendouzi is ahead of Willock, even when he wasn't playing well. Claude Maurice and Martinelli will now come in for relatively high fees.

You have to consider that we either play two up top with no wingers or Auba will play from the left. So effectively we don't even need a 3rd striker which means Nketiah needs a loan.

Nelson needs to come back and challenge for a spot. You then have Claude Maurice also. So that means potentially one more spot for an academy player. What then becomes of Saka, Amaechi and Martinelli?

It needs to be a straight shoot out at pre season. If you don't come correct. Ie. not worked on your body, not ate right, not fit, not sharp then you get sent out on loan. You don't perform in training, you don't stand out in matches, loan. We need to see who has that mentality.

CF: Laca
LW: Auba, Claude Maurice
RW: New signing, Nelson, Saka

I think Claude Maurice is more developed and refined than ESR. I think Nelson is far more refined than Amaechi. I think Saka can offer you more as an impact player than Iwobi or Amaechi. Amaechi is more like Nelson to me. Quick feet and slow slow fast slow to beat a man. Saka just straight up runs at you. More direct by far and more ready.

I'd go with the above and loan ESR, Nketiah and Amaechi. Give Saka all the cup and impact minutes with Nelson and Claude Maurice. I would throw Martinelli in with the under 23s. If he rips it up, then we integrate him.

I would drop Iwobi deeper and develop him and AMN in a midfield role.

CM: New signing, Guendouzi
CM: AMN, Iwobi
DM: Torreira.

For the defence.If we buy a direct pacey right winger our right back cover can be an academy player. Give one of them a chance. Buy two centre halves, sell chambers and give Bielik his chance to see if he can replace Sokratis next season. Ballard, Medley and Mavropanos need loans.

Lb: New signing, Kola
RB: Bellerin, Academy
CB: Sokratis, Saliba
CB: New CB, Holding, Bielik.
Basically you want to show the doors to Özil, Xhaka, Mustafi, Monreal, Mkhi, Elneny, Kos and Jenko :D
While I do agree with all of that, I think nothing like that will happen. I also don't understand the reason for giving AMN a chance in midfield when he had some horrible first team moments instead of promoting Bielik who had great loan and is comfortably much better defender than most of what we currently have. Just by saying that, you are awarding mediocrity over quality.

I would also consider ESR for Ramsey role, he is there technically and if he can finally avoid injury problems he would be my first choice midfielder for next season. If he can't avoid injuries again, I would like to cut our losses before we repeat Diaby and Wilshere mistake again.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

https://www.football.london/arsenal...xavier-16365601.amp?__twitter_impression=true

As I suspected and feared, Amaechi closest to leaving after being droppeď from the bench in the EL final. We will likely lose someone but this feels avoidable. I have a bad feeling we will lose more if we don't provide them with the right opportunities, then we really will be ****ed.

Ohh wow, if a 3rd keeper made the bench over me I'd see it as disrespect tbh, I can see that actually pissing Amaechi off even if he was never going to play anyway..

Honestly I think we'll need our own Sancho or Pogba to happen before something changes, but we'll see.

Edit: seems like all the clubs had 2 gk's on the bench, so might just be common practice and a non issue then.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ohh wow, if a 3rd keeper made the bench over me I'd see it as disrespect tbh, I can see that actually pissing Amaechi off even if he was never going to play anyway..

Honestly I think we'll need our own Sancho or Pogba to happen before something changes, but we'll see.
We just need to sack the joke of a coach who was Gazidis’ last and maybe biggest **** up before ****ing off.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Edit: seems like all the clubs had 2 gk's on the bench, so might just be common practice and a non issue then.
Amaechi could leave anyway but if we want to keep our best talents we shouldn't be ****in them around. Amaechi is potentially very top class IMO, we should be doing better with him.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Amaechi could leave anyway but if we want to keep our best talents we shouldn't be ****in them around. Amaechi is potentially very top class IMO, we should be doing better with him.

What's the point of having Amaechi on the bench? He had 3-4 players who would be getting on the pitch before him, there's zero chances of him getting minutes in the final. A third goalkeeper on the other hand might get called on in the unlikely event of both Cech and Leno getting injured. This is something petty to get worked up over.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom