• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,771
  • Views 1,155,764

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Would be a big deal if he stays. We're facing a fight to keep a lot of our prospects and we really need to win these fights if we're going to prosper in the future.

I saw the Adidas vid with Malcolm Ebiowei a few days ago and I think he'd probably be the schoolboy with the most to gain from Musah leaving before he turns pro. Similar in physique and technical skill (slightly more attacking as an AM/winger), would be interesting to see if he can make his mark, along with Charlie Patino, who will probably be the premier schoolboy this season.

Some clips of Ebiowei online:

Looks much stronger than players around him, great skills also

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Would be a big deal if he stays. We're facing a fight to keep a lot of our prospects and we really need to win these fights if we're going to prosper in the future.
Young talents will come and go, but we need to create a culture of promoting players from our academy like Barcelona does. When that happens, not only we will keep our players, but we will be also be able to get top talent from outside of our academy.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Young talents will come and go, but we need to create a culture of promoting players from our academy like Barcelona does. When that happens, not only we will keep our players, but we will be also be able to get top talent from outside of our academy.
Exactly - we will set more of a precedent of being that type of team. Obviously a lot of work must be done but I'm confident we can do it if we actually put the resources into making it happen.

Somehow whenever I watch the academy matches, John Jules seems to stand out as something special...He always does something good and eye-catching every game.
I think it's because he's very different to the other CFs we have. He's the quintessential modern #9 in style - big enough to hold off defenders, quick enough to beat them to space, technical enough to drop deep and play passes and clever enough to sniff out goalscoring opportunities. Nketiah is very much capable of the same things and has proven this on occasion, but his game is slightly more geared towards attacking the box with or without the ball, whereas John-Jules gets through a surprising amount of good work outside of the area. Sometimes he plays almost like an attacking midfielder. I think if I were John-Jules, I'd be watching a lot of videos of Van Persie circa 2011. Not quite as technically skilled as the Dutchman, but Van Persie had modern #9 play down to a tee - his movement was impeccable and he was still heavily involved in the play.

Why does Chelsea ahve such a strong academy? Is it local talents? Because you have owner and managers that never ever cared about using their talents. Yet even when we are seeing us finally improve we are still some distance behind them.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Exactly - we will set more of a precedent of being that type of team. Obviously a lot of work must be done but I'm confident we can do it if we actually put the resources into making it happen.

I think it's because he's very different to the other CFs we have. He's the quintessential modern #9 in style - big enough to hold off defenders, quick enough to beat them to space, technical enough to drop deep and play passes and clever enough to sniff out goalscoring opportunities. Nketiah is very much capable of the same things and has proven this on occasion, but his game is slightly more geared towards attacking the box with or without the ball, whereas John-Jules gets through a surprising amount of good work outside of the area. Sometimes he plays almost like an attacking midfielder. I think if I were John-Jules, I'd be watching a lot of videos of Van Persie circa 2011. Not quite as technically skilled as the Dutchman, but Van Persie had modern #9 play down to a tee - his movement was impeccable and he was still heavily involved in the play.

imagine mesut and rvp ....

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The 2003 intake:

Alex Kirk
Alex is a product of our Academy and a player who has been with us for a while now. He is a central defender with a calm attitude, which we have noticed helps him in 1v1 defensive situations.

Catalin Cirjan
Catalin is a Romanian midfielder who recently joined us from Viitorul Domnesti, a local club in his home country. Catalin is a skilful player with speed and precision.

Daniel Oyegoke
Daniel is a right full back who joined us from Barnet two years ago. He is currently an England Under-16 international. He is a player who shows composure on the ball.

Jason Sraha
Jason recently joined us from Chelsea. He is a left-footed centre back with a calm and composed attitude in and out of possession.

Kido Taylor-Hart
Kido is a product of our Academy at Hale End. He is an attacking midfielder and an England under-17 international. Kido has quick combination play around the box and good dribbling skills.

Levi Laing
Levi joined us from Brentford three years ago. He is a versatile defender, who is currently involved with England Under16s. He can play at right back, centre back and also as a holding midfield player.

Luke Plange
Luke is a product of our Academy. Luke is a central striker with outstanding finishing qualities.

Mazeed Ogungbo
Mazeed is another product of our Academy. He is a left-sided defender and Republic of Ireland under-16 international. He played a key part in our under-18s squad last season and is a reliable leader on and off the pitch.

Miguel Azeez
Miguel is a product of our Hale End Academy. He is a central midfielder and an England under-17 international. He is a driven midfielder who brings consistent passing range both in open play and from set plays.

Nathan Butler-Oyedeji
Nathan is another graduate from our Academy. He is a forward who presents a threat to opposition defences playing in wide positions and also centrally.

Ovie Ejeheri
Ovie is a goalkeeper with consistency in his handling and timing. He suffered a long-term injury last season, but has shown an excellent attitude and commitment to recover and regain his fitness ready for this coming season. Olvie is also a product from the Arsenal Academy.

Hubert Graczyk
Hubert joined us at under-15 level. He is a goalkeeper who has played for both England and Poland at youth levels. He has excellent distribution with his feet to start attacks.”

Unfortunately there is NO SIGN of Yunus Musah in the proceedings, which is a very strong indicator that he is indeed leaving the club, despite being arguably the best player of the year group (Azeez being of equivalent talent IMO). This is a huge blow, but one I believe we can recover from, particularly if we use the 2004 age group players like Patino & Ebiowei.

The players to watch in this intake IMO are obviously Miguel Azeez, but also Kido Taylor-Hart who is a really good dribbler and technician. Mazeed Ogungbo is also a promising CB and Oyegoke is a promising RB. Catalin Carjan is a player who we signed from Romania and has played some first team football.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Preemptive piece from Jeorge Bird - says that Musah can still end up signing as a scholar but officially he has left the club

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Still a chance with Musah. He might be wanting bigger cash/guarantees, probably see him sign for Man City in reality though.

Who are the key ones missing after Musah and Greenwood?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Still a chance with Musah. He might be wanting bigger cash/guarantees, probably see him sign for Man City in reality though.

Who are the key ones missing after Musah and Greenwood?
Think he'll go abroad - it'll be a combo of money and first team guarantees. The kids are getting more and more ambitious - want to test their abilities in first team football earlier than the PL can often provide. It's a battle that we'll have to manage extremely well, given the growing strength of Hale End currently.

This intake will be pretty strong too, particularly Laing, Taylor-Hart, Azeez, Oyegoke and Ogungbo - all youth international regulars. So even without Musah, we'll be pretty strong.

Greenwood? He's already signed pro I'm sure?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think he'll go abroad - it'll be a combo of money and first team guarantees. The kids are getting more and more ambitious - want to test their abilities in first team football earlier than the PL can often provide. It's a battle that we'll have to manage extremely well, given the growing strength of Hale End currently.

This intake will be pretty strong too, particularly Laing, Taylor-Hart, Azeez, Oyegoke and Ogungbo - all youth international regulars. So even without Musah, we'll be pretty strong.

Greenwood? He's already signed pro I'm sure?
Must have missed it, thankfully.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yunes Musah is very close to join Valenica maybe this is the reason he left us.
Yeah, he played them in the Liam Brady cup recently and absolutely killed them apparently so they've likely been interested since then. My guess is that he'll have a quicker pathway to the first team there than he will here - the club IMO are too scared to blood guys soon these days, as with most clubs in the PL bar maybe Everton, and even they've dicked about with some of their young talent (Lookman springs immediately to mind).

So far, we could potentially lose Yunus Musah, Xavier Amaechi and Vontae Daley-Campbell in one Summer - that's a significant blow. One we can easily recover from, but the reasoning behind all 3 potential departures is one that I cannot accept and if we don't change the narrative we can lose more. There has to be a better pathway into our first team, especially considering we not only don't have much money but our first team isn't exactly very good anyway. Much of the attributes the first team is missing can be found in most of our graduates anyway.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, he played them in the Liam Brady cup recently and absolutely killed them apparently so they've likely been interested since then. My guess is that he'll have a quicker pathway to the first team there than he will here - the club IMO are too scared to blood guys soon these days, as with most clubs in the PL bar maybe Everton, and even they've dicked about with some of their young talent (Lookman springs immediately to mind).

So far, we could potentially lose Yunus Musah, Xavier Amaechi and Vontae Daley-Campbell in one Summer - that's a significant blow. One we can easily recover from, but the reasoning behind all 3 potential departures is one that I cannot accept and if we don't change the narrative we can lose more. There has to be a better pathway into our first team, especially considering we not only don't have much money but our first team isn't exactly very good anyway. Much of the attributes the first team is missing can be found in most of our graduates anyway.
Yeah i can see Valencia promising him a quick path to first team if he keep developing and impressing

Latest posts

Top Bottom