• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,909

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Glad the club are not in any way ****ing around with this one. With Musah gone, all eyes will be on Azeez this intake as the big star. While Taylor-Hart will definitely catch eyes with his dribbling ability, Azeez will be the one pulling the strings in the absence of Matt Smith and possibly playing his way up to the U23s if he performs well.

He's got limitless potential - tall, good dribbler, superb passer of the ball, makes good interceptions/tackles and is generally a very good technician. Perhaps the player he's closest to in the 1st team would be Xhaka, but he's more mobile, potentially a better defender and is good under pressure. I predict a very quick rise for Miguel Azeez.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Here's a sneak-peak at one of the other potentials in the intake - Kido Taylor-Hart.

So far we've produced some pretty good dribblers in each intake, and Taylor-Hart is the next one up. Good combination play, good athleticism and really quick feet. Is definitely one to watch, along with Azeez.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Here's the lad from Romania.

God awful competition he's up against in a lot of it (I'm assuming youth football in Romania) but there's some good moments in there, particularly the skills portion. Looks slightly different to Vlad Dragomir, more dribbly.

nick gould

Rvp didnt need quality service to score. His movement and ability to create goalscoring out of nothing was all him.

Forget Mesut...I dobt think he has made any attacker better for Arsenal.
Glad the club are not in any way ****ing around with this one. With Musah gone, all eyes will be on Azeez this intake as the big star. While Taylor-Hart will definitely catch eyes with his dribbling ability, Azeez will be the one pulling the strings in the absence of Matt Smith and possibly playing his way up to the U23s if he performs well.

He's got limitless potential - tall, good dribbler, superb passer of the ball, makes good interceptions/tackles and is generally a very good technician. Perhaps the player he's closest to in the 1st team would be Xhaka, but he's more mobile, potentially a better defender and is good under pressure. I predict a very quick rise for Miguel Azeez.
From your description, I would say he is closer to Matteo but he is better defensively. Xhaka can't dribble even if his life depended on it.

Crocrodile

Genuinely think that we are mismanaging the situation currently.
At 2 positions we had an opportunity to offer youngsters PT.

That is at CM and RB.
AMN isn't a RB by trade, Osei-Tutu and Daley-Campbell are.
They should have gotten minutes there.

At CM, not one player bar Torreira is at a requisite level for Arsenal.
We need to find those in Guendouzi, ESR, Willock, Azeez, Musah.

As a result of us not finding minutes for what I deem really good to elite prospects given their bodies of work as well as roles in the NT, I believe we are making grave mistakes which could have been amended with giving them an ammount of minutes that wouldn't have hurt the 1st team. Given that we have a lot of passengers on our team, but a strong academy, to me that is the way to go.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Genuinely think that we are mismanaging the situation currently.
At 2 positions we had an opportunity to offer youngsters PT.

That is at CM and RB.
AMN isn't a RB by trade, Osei-Tutu and Daley-Campbell are.
They should have gotten minutes there.

At CM, not one player bar Torreira is at a requisite level for Arsenal.
We need to find those in Guendouzi, ESR, Willock, Azeez, Musah.

As a result of us not finding minutes for what I deem really good to elite prospects given their bodies of work as well as roles in the NT, I believe we are making grave mistakes which could have been amended with giving them an ammount of minutes that wouldn't have hurt the 1st team. Given that we have a lot of passengers on our team, but a strong academy, to me that is the way to go.
Daley-Campbell, Azeez and Musah were/are nowhere near ready for the first team.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Azeez is another slick merchant. My favorite type of player. Still miss Christopher Willock. Dude was so smooth on the ball, but would always fall when he was shooting or crossing lol.

9jagooner

Azeez is another slick merchant. My favorite type of player. Still miss Christopher Willock. Dude was so smooth on the ball, but would always fall when he was shooting or crossing lol.
Chris was one player I believe was ready mentally and physically for first team.
I think he missed out due to pressure on AW to deliver that season. A loan to a PL side would have done him some good. He's one player I believe would come back to the EPL some day.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

Elite hair and name.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Seems like this generation of footballer like to take shots on the edge of the box, instead of passing their way into the box and walk the ball in. Not sure if they are incapable or just don’t want to do it.
I’m not criticising our young players, it seems like every other teams are playing that way. Even Barcelona B are playing slightly more direct than they were a couple years ago.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sounds like he could be another Iwobi.

Iwobi was in the same youth sides as Akpom, Gnabry, Bellerin and co and never stood out as the obvious one to make it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
James Olayinka training with the first team apparently.

Can someone give some insight?
Versatile midfielder, strong runner who works hard. Decent technically without being spectacular at it. One of those players who doesn't really play badly even when he isn't great.

Defo looks like an Iwobi situation. More talented players than him in that u23 currently IMO but he's always been rated within the club.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Torreira isn't at the requisite level for us too. Let's not pretend he outperformed Guendouzi last season despite being older.

That's a joke. Torreira at his best last season was a standout player.

There was a stretch where he looked like the best player on the team.

Like a midfield version of Alexis Sanchez, carrying the team and performing in big games (except that Liverpool away fixture in which he was sodomized).

He just turned 23 which is the same age as Iwobi who fans are still calling a young talent. The only problem with Torreira is his size and maybe stamina.

He really regressed in the winter months, but that is not abnormal for foreign players in their first season in the EPL.

At this point we still don't even know what sort of midfielder Guendouzi is.

There is no guarantee that he becomes a star here.

It seems like many people are already putting him on that level of a potential game changer, which is not guaranteed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom