• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Supporters Trust AGM

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
So with a net spend of £102.5m in summer 2016 our cash reserves fell by £50m. That highlights how low our transfer budget is, and the 2 windows since then we have made a net profit in each. I wonder what the cash reserves are now.

It’s now at £137m. The figure fluctuates quite a lot. It was £226m at one point and then went as low as £100m.

CanadianGooner1608

Might be alone in this, but based on Kroenke Jr's recent comments, I believe he might ask his dad for a cash injection to maybe patch up the ship a bit.

It's wonderful that Arsenal is basically self-sustaining, but as a businessman, you have to know that your profits will grow even more if you can attract top level talents, that will help challenge for the top titles. Be it only on shirt sales, ticket sales.

I mean that's basically the main reason PSG's revenues have increased so drastically. They invested heavily, that's true, but the returns on investments have more than increased as well.

Get Jardim to Arsenal, give him some cash to play with as well as the mission to develop our academy players, I'm cautiously sure he will do some magic.

Token Yank

Might be alone in this, but based on Kroenke Jr's recent comments, I believe he might ask his dad for a cash injection to maybe patch up the ship a bit.

It's wonderful that Arsenal is basically self-sustaining, but as a businessman, you have to know that your profits will grow even more if you can attract top level talents, that will help challenge for the top titles. Be it only on shirt sales, ticket sales.

I mean that's basically the main reason PSG's revenues have increased so drastically. They invested heavily, that's true, but the returns on investments have more than increased as well.

Get Jardim to Arsenal, give him some cash to play with as well as the mission to develop our academy players, I'm cautiously sure he will do some magic.
Amen brother!!!!

CanadianGooner1608

Amen brother!!!!

Just need to look at the work he did with Monaco on a tiny budget last season. It was nothing short of remarkable.
Also, look at what's in Monaco's bank right now after they sold: Mbappé (160M), Mendy (40M?), B. Silva (I think 50M), Bakayoko (40M).
In one season, 290M went into their warchest. During the summer, they spent a whooping 80M to buy around 10 players who will also be re-sold for higher (Baldé, Tielemans, Lopes in particular).
Not to mention how much they will make on the sale of Fabinho and Lemar when they finally leave.

People talk about PSG, but the real magic happening in Ligue 1 is Monaco tbh lol

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He was talking about his ability as a defender.

I don’t think anyone can doubt the impact that Wenger had on our attacking style of play. But who do you think taught Cole how to defend day in day out on the training ground?
Precisely. If you look at all of the best central defenders during his reign you can only pick out Kolo and Kos who really developed under Wenger. He's got a dreadful record with CBs. He inherited fantastic defenders drilled by Graham and then Dein gifted him Sol Campbell. Since it's been left to him to build a defense by himself we've been an absolute joke back there. I don't think that's an unfair statement at all.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
He was talking about his ability as a defender.

I don’t think anyone can doubt the impact that Wenger had on our attacking style of play. But who do you think taught Cole how to defend day in day out on the training ground?

But does anyone actually believe that Arsène Wenger learned Ashley Cole how to defend? I have never believed anything like that. Tony Adams choosed to earn big money instead of working for the club btw. I respect him for his time as a player but today he seem to be a very greedy and bitter man.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Precisely. If you look at all of the best central defenders during his reign you can only pick out Kolo and Kos who really developed under Wenger. He's got a dreadful record with CBs. He inherited fantastic defenders drilled by Graham and then Dein gifted him Sol Campbell. Since it's been left to him to build a defense by himself we've been an absolute joke back there. I don't think that's an unfair statement at all.

Yes he did , but he also had the acumen to look after them , extend their careers this by Dixon's own admission .Also one of the first thing he did when he got there was apologise for what the back 4 were getting paid and raised their salaries immediately .

Yeah sure they were already there , but he managed them superbly including Adams who others might have just got rid off .

Suprising that Dixon has changed his tune on trainng after stating back then "I’d talk more about his training methods. You couldn’t but be impressed. At that time in my career, it really suited me down to the ground.”

Let's not forget our CL defensive record in 2006 , with Flamini, Senderos , Eboue , Kolo and Sol .

Let's look at his record with forward and midfielders , Weah , Anelka , Henry , Van Persie , Adebayour , Vieira , Fabregas , Wilshere etc.

Think he knows what to do on a training ground .

Until now, for last 21 years Wenger has just got lucky. He shows up and just get lucky. He is lucky someone else has done his job, always someone else. He was just lucky.

He finally run out of luck. No more luck for Wenger. He was never anything but lucky.

BobP

Memri Fan
Yes he did , but he also had the acumen to look after them , extend their careers this by Dixon's own admission .

Yeah sure they were already there , but he managed them superbly including Adams who others might have just got rid off .

Suprising that Dixon has changed his tune on trainng after stating back then "I’d talk more about his training methods. You couldn’t but be impressed. At that time in my career, it really suited me down to the ground.”

Have to consider Dixon's comment within their context. I mean English football was well behind what was being done on the continent at the time. We all know Wenger revolutionized the game in England.

Let's not forget our CL defensive record in 2006 , with Flamini, Senderos , Eboue , Kolo and Sol .

Wasn't that Keown's work?

Suppose you could credit Wenger with giving him that role because we only conceded something like 30 goals in the league. Begs the question as to why he didn't retain him.

Token Yank

Didn’t we have a pretty strong defensive record a couple years back with Kos, Mert, Sagna? I think it was the season we would have came close to the title but Walcott and Ramsey got hurt.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Have to consider Dixon's comment within their context. I mean English football was well behind what was being done on the continent at the time. We all know Wenger revolutionized the game in England.

Wasn't that Keown's work?

Suppose you could credit Wenger with giving him that role because we only conceded something like 30 goals in the league. Begs the question as to why he didn't retain him.

Whatever the context , Dixon at AST was talking his first hand experience there .
We have had other great defensive runs including the invincible, even just recently .
The other thing is , these accusations of not being a coach were also levelled at SAF.

By the way if Adams was that good , I don't remember any club that he was associated with having a good defensive record .

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It’s now at £137m. The figure fluctuates quite a lot. It was £226m at one point and then went as low as £100m.

Our average cash balance is probably closer to £150M. The interim accounts show our cash position close to its lowest point whereas the full year accounts show our cash at its highest point as this is the time when ST holders renew and we get a boat load of money in to the club.

I'm surprised at how much they think our wages will increase despite the sale of Walcott, Giroud, Coq, Alexis - all top earners at the club.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Our average cash balance is probably closer to £150M. The interim accounts show our cash position close to its lowest point whereas the full year accounts show our cash at its highest point as this is the time when ST holders renew and we get a boat load of money in to the club.

I'm surprised at how much they think our wages will increase despite the sale of Walcott, Giroud, Coq, Alexis - all top earners at the club.

Good point, I think a lot of good work has been done the past two windows in reducing the wage bill. Auba, Mkhi and Özil surely don't counterbalance all of that.

People can debate just how much money has to be invested in transfer fees and wages to get the squad back on track, certainly around the 150m mark for the quality defensive reinforcements. But what we should all be aware of is just how difficult the summer will be. The World Cup is notoriously difficult to do business during and then there's only about 4 weeks after that until the window shuts.

For sure it can't be an 'off the hoof' summer, if anything of substance is to be achieved it'll have to be very carefully planned and well executed.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yes he did , but he also had the acumen to look after them , extend their careers this by Dixon's own admission .Also one of the first thing he did when he got there was apologise for what the back 4 were getting paid and raised their salaries immediately .

Let's look at his record with forward an midfielders , Weah , Anelka , Henry , Van Persie , Adebayour , Vieira , Fabregas , Wilshere etc.

Think he knows what to do on a training ground .
Sounds like he did know..... past tense

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Whatever the context , Dixon at AST was talking his first hand experience there .
We have had other great defensive runs including the invincible, even just recently .
The other thing is , these accusations of not being a coach were also levelled at SAF.

By the way if Adams was that good , I don't remember any club that he was associated with having a good defensive record .

Come on, now. Wenger is not a coach, we've always known that (players express themselves). That's not new. He's doesn't do videos coaching, he doesn't do individual instruction on post game faults, mistakes, and flaws, he doesn't instruct on individual technique.

Compared to what other coaches do, Wenger is not a coach.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Come on, now. Wenger is not a coach, we've always known that (players express themselves). That's not new. He's doesn't do videos coaching, he doesn't do individual instruction on post game faults, mistakes, and flaws, he doesn't instruct on individual technique.

Compared to what other coaches do, Wenger is not a coach.

In your opinion what does he do ?

Polar Bear

What Dixon said about Tony Adams managing the team and making players like Cole great defenders, is exactly what David Seaman told me personally.

I went to a meet and greet in 2011 and Seaman told me the exact same thing, he said that Tony was 90% the manager and Wenger was very quiet and let Tony get on with it. Also that Tony's word was final on mostly everything on the pitch and Wenger never disagreed or challenged him. Seaman also told me that the players behind the scenes adored Tony and guys like Henry and Viera looked up to him.

On a side note David Seaman is a absolute gentleman, very nice guy and so polite and chatty.

Hope

Less
Until now, for last 21 years Wenger has just got lucky. He shows up and just get lucky. He is lucky someone else has done his job, always someone else. He was just lucky.

He finally run out of luck. No more luck for Wenger. He was never anything but lucky.
Wow. Your footballing knowledge is commendable.

Lol

Top Bottom