Arsenal Tactics Talk

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by The_Roadrunner, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

Even Santi's scoring faded in his final months. The beautiful shot from outside the box with either foot was an always a moment away and then it just stopped.

I am certain Wenger tells players not to shoot outside the box regardless of their ability or the opportunity of the moment. Even rival fans watch with me and ask in a puzzled tone "Why the hell don;t your lads take a shot outside the box every now and again.". It is a serious problem...

2. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

We should try to get Pogba, although he seems too similar to Ramsey.

3. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Answer is I don't know , I know from an interview with Xhaka that Wenger rang him pre season 2015/2016 wanting to sign him but he didn't want to come just yet .

4. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

We definitley need another attacker, 18 goals in 16 games away from home isn’t good enough. We need more diversity & pace in attack. Aubameyang and Mkhi are great, one more attacker and we are set. Özil and Ramsey would be a good midfield in front of a natural DM.

5. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

No way we blow 80M on a midfielder if we have Ramsey

krackpot likes this.
  6. Rain Dance

Rain Dance Well-Known Member Trusted

Santi was moved from AMC to CM, that's when his goals dried up

Mark Tobias likes this.
  7. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

If he's done at United then we should break the bank to sign him in my opinion. Think the whole world and his dog will be queueing up to sign him though and there will be more attractive clubs coming in than us. We'd have to at least pay him the same as Özil.

krackpot likes this.
  8. Garrincha

Garrincha AM Resident Joker #2

Paul Pogba in another stratosphere to us... Missed our opportunity to go all out back in 2012.

Florentin Pogba more realistic a target. Good age, height & probably improves the defense at this point.

9. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

My opinion is he was sitting deeper but he also missed a few . Miss his free kicks to be honest .

Mark Tobias likes this.
  10. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Because Ramsey. That's the truth, Wenger had Cazorla/Coquelin which worked very well and his response to the lost of Cazorla was to buy a replacement to Coquelin with Xhaka. So that Ramsey can play. That is why I would be very happy to see the end of Ramsey in the club, we have sacrificed much just to fit him into the team.

shootxhakashoot likes this.
  11. tap-in

tap-in :|

So the best way to improve our team is to get rid of one of our best players :rolleyes: A fit Cazorla improves the team regardless of who is next to him. I do think Ramsey should play further forward but no way would I sell him.

12. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !