• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Takeover Talks?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I'm ready for any dictator to take us over. Provided he sinks billions of pounds into our club. Our soul has been sold, now to buy some players for any illgotten gains we can be provided with.
That has been my view since Kronke showed his true colours, even before the full takeover.

If there was something worth preserving, eg if the club was owned by the fans, then I'd be all for it and happy to support the team even in lower divisions.

But if you're going to sell your soul you might as well do it to a generous devil and not to one of his stingy minions.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm ready for any dictator to take us over. Provided he sinks billions of pounds into our club. Our soul has been sold, now to buy some players for any illgotten gains we can be provided with.

Have we sold our soul in allowing Kroenke to take over? Yeah to a degree, probably.

Kroenke's a bad and unethical dude I'm sure and I want him gone but there's a sliding scale on the billionaires scumbag scale and it could get much worse than Kroenke in that respect.

I've got no desire to see Arsenal used as some sportswashing vehicle for some human rights abuser or nefarious regime.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Have well sold our soul in allowing Kroenke to take over. Yeah to a degree, probably.

Kroenke's a bad and unethical dude I'm sure and I want him gone but there's a sliding scale on the billionaires scumbag scale and it could get much worse than Kroenke in that respect.

I've got no desire to see Arsenal used as some sportswashing vehicle for some human rights abuser or nefarious regime.
There are rules in place to avoid this. We should be as scrupulous about this as the next man.

When trophies are won you remember the footballers not the owners.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
All billionaires are not likable dudes manutd want Glazers out despite manutd spending too much money and being very strong commercially.

Iceman10

Established Member
We worth about 2.6B? So unless Dangote pay it all kroenke not selling.

If that is the valuation you probably would need to add on top of that for an offer to get Kroenke into talks. Makes sense then that this African billionaire needs a solid base of his “20B worth of projects” for his business empire to be in a position to offer Kroenke as much as 3-4 Bn.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If that is the valuation you probably would need to add on top of that for an offer to get Kroenke into talks. Makes sense then that this African billionaire needs a solid base of his “20B worth of projects” for his business empire to be in a position to offer Kroenke as much as 3-4 Bn.
Yes it's difficult the only thing possible he buy shares in club like usmanov and Moshiri at Everton and little by little he increase it don't think kroenke would even accept this

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
I remember when Usmanov wanted to buy Kroenke out but Kroenke wouldn't sell.
Stan Kroenke, the majority shareholder of Arsenal football club, has ruled out selling his controlling stake in the Premier League side after an unsolicited offer from Uzbek-Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov.

In a statement on Monday, KSE UK, the holding company for the US billionaire’s interest in the London club, restated its commitment to the English Premier League side, saying that his shares have “not, and never have been, for sale”.

On Friday, the Financial Times reported that Mr Usmanov, a rival shareholder who already owns 30 per cent of Arsenal, had made a $1.3bn bid to acquire the shares held by KSE.

The offer was made in a letter sent in recent weeks to Mr Kroenke, who controls a 67 per cent stake, in a bid that valued the club at $2bn. Mr Kroenke, a sports mogul who also owns US franchises such as the Denver Nuggets in the NBA and Los Angeles Rams in the NFL, had already dismissed Mr Usmanov’s offer privately.

Two people with close knowledge of the process said that other bidders are circling around the club. In its statement to the London Stock Exchange, Mr Kroenke’s holding company said: “KSE UK Inc notes the recent media speculation concerning its shareholding in Arsenal Holdings PLC and confirms that its shares are not, and never have been, for sale. KSE is a committed, long-term investor in Arsenal and will remain so.”

Mr Usmanov, a metals magnate, is known to have become concerned by a lack of investment in Arsenal by Mr Kroenke. In an interview with Bloomberg last month, he said the blame for the club’s performance should not rest solely with Arsène Wenger, the club’s manager, but also with Mr Kroenke and the board, from which Mr Usmanov is excluded.

As the Premier League season finished this weekend, the club was left stranded in fifth place, meaning it had failed to qualify for the Uefa Champions League tournament for the first time in two decades.

The failure is likely to cost the club around £50m in lost revenues, although it will recoup some of those losses depending on its performance in the less prestigious Europa League competition next season.

Some fans held protests at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium during its match against Everton on Sunday, holding up banners demanding that Mr Kroenke should leave the club. Frustrated supporters have been directing their ire at Mr Wenger for months and some have accused Mr Kroenke of being an absentee owner.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom