• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,468,169

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I like him a lot!

He won’t come cheap, maybe we can sweeten the deal with Chambers + 10m, they were interested in him last Summer.

I think we need to look abroad, there just doesn't seem to be much value in the Premiership. It is so awash with money clubs like Leicester don't have to sell Maddison or Chilwell, Wolves don't have to sell Neves, Watford don't have to sell Dacoure, Palace don't have to sell Zaha and AWB etc.

Mahrez and VVD are 2 players who have gone from mid table Premiership teams to the top 6 recently and only because the players kicked up a fuss and forced a way out, it still took Mahrez a few windows to get his move, both took massive bids too.

There is value to be had in the Championship though, Maddison for £19m and Brooks at £11.5m look like fantastic deals, it would cost probably double that now if you wanted to get them from Leicester and Bournemouth now after a season in the top flight.

Closer to home you only have to look at Holding vs Chambers, players of similar ability with similar potential, Holding cost £1m from the Championship, Chambers cost £15 from the Premiership.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I think we need to look abroad, there just doesn't seem to be much value in the Premiership. It is so awash with money clubs like Leicester don't have to sell Maddison or Chilwell, Wolves don't have to sell Neves, Watford don't have to sell Dacoure, Palace don't have to sell Zaha and AWB etc.

Mahrez and VVD are 2 players who have gone from mid table Premiership teams to the top 6 recently and only because the players kicked up a fuss and forced a way out, it still took Mahrez a few windows to get his move, both took massive bids too.

There is value to be had in the Championship though, Maddison for £19m and Brooks at £11.5m look like fantastic deals, it would cost probably double that now if you wanted to get them from Leicester and Bournemouth now after a season in the top flight.

Closer to home you only have to look at Holding vs Chambers, players of similar ability with similar potential, Holding cost £1m from the Championship, Chambers cost £15 from the Premiership.

As a club sadly we've neglected the Championship & the potentially great players on offer there for far too long.

Our acquisition of Holding from Bolton alone proves there's value to be had in the lower leagues.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
think Pavon improved steadily. watching his highlights (all I got unfortunately) it's clear he's getting better and better year after year.

his determination is getting him places. still think we're looking at him closely.
Could be, honestly I don't know him very well. Just what I've seen hasn't been too impressive.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

That’s my point on Max Aarons mate, half the price and could be as good if not better than Wan-Bissaka.

I've seen Aarons several times this season & he looked good in all those instances. I'd love it if we got its just that AWB is my preference. Should we be priced out in a bidding war, Aarons is our go to RB.

benjamin86

Established Member
I've seen Aarons several times this season & he looked good in all those instances. I'd love it if we got its just that AWB is my preference. Should we be priced out in a bidding war, Aarons is our go to RB.
With Norwich looking like they'll be promoted i doubt Aarons would move to sit on AFC bench.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

With Norwich looking like they'll be promoted i doubt Aarons would move to sit on AFC bench.

Not necessarily, Sp**s for example have had no problem buying young full backs from teams in and around the relegation zone.

He won’t be on the bench all the time, he’d get plenty of minutes if it’s just him and Bellerin.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Would steer clear of Sarr, tbh.

He's got speed, but other than knocking the ball past the player and out running them is not a long term solution.

Agreed. If we're after a glorified speed merchant we're better off signing Adama Traore who's already in the Premier League.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not a summer 2019 transfer rumor, per se, but David Alaba has told Bild that he'd like to play in Spain or England in the future and that he was a childhood Arsenal fan, adding “When you've been an Arsenal fan as a kid you will be one your whole life in some way.”

His contract runs for two more years, until 2021.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Alaba-admits-tempted-Premier-League-move.html

An interesting thing to ponder.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not a summer 2019 transfer rumor, per se, but David Alaba has told Bild that he'd like to play in Spain or England in the future and that he was a childhood Arsenal fan, adding “When you've been an Arsenal fan as a kid you will be one your whole life in some way.”

His contract runs for two more years, until 2021.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Alaba-admits-tempted-Premier-League-move.html

An interesting thing to ponder.

Reckon the guy would tear it up in midfield over here as well.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Aren't Bayern signing Hernandez? Could open the door for Alaba to leave. But with City in the market for full backs it will be tricky

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Aren't Bayern signing Hernandez? Could open the door for Alaba to leave. But with City in the market for full backs it will be tricky

Pretty sure they're eyeing Hernandez as a CB and only backup LB. Alaba will probably stay.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Pretty sure they're eyeing Hernandez as a CB and only backup LB. Alaba will probably stay.

I was thinking maybe it would be something that could happen in 2020, when he has only one year left on his contract, if he doesn't extend and is serious about playing in Spain or England. But you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom