• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Juventus, 17/12/2022 (6pm kick off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nketiah is nowhere close to as well rounded a footballer as Jesus. It seems like y'all do not get that Jesus was by far our best player before the world cup. His all around game is insane. He is the main playmaker for the team. Hold up play, dribbling in tight spaces, movement, link up play and best forward pressing in world football, Nketiah is not close to Jesus as a footballer. It was Jesus, Partey, Saliba and Ramsdale that really makes everything we do tick. Honorable mention to Martinelli, Saka and White.
Jesus is like that Duracell bunny everyone loves.

He really does everything on the pitch (apart from scoring 100%).

energizer bunny 90s GIF

drippin

Missed the game. Just saw the result. Wtf happened?
Arsenal dominated, Juventus got like their 1st attack at 44 minutes, got a corner, and Xhaka headed own goal from long-range. 0-1.

Then Arsenal dominated some more, didn't get a goal, and Juventus scored finally from their first counter-attack. 0-2.

I might be over-estimating a bit, but not much, as it was prime Allegri & Conte style football.

Nketiah with a strong shot to the post with his left foot.

Overall a very good experience against the busses of EPL.

Oh.. and Juventus with this promising lie: "Free watch if you're not in UK or Italy, but no link anywhere, never, thank you."

TinFish

Arsenal dominated, Juventus got like their 1st attack at 44 minutes, got a corner, and Xhaka headed own goal from long-range. 0-1.

Then Arsenal dominated some more, didn't get a goal, and Juventus scored finally from their first counter-attack. 0-2.

I might be over-estimating a bit, but not much, as it was prime Allegri & Conte style football.

Oh.. and Juventus with this promising lie: "Free watch if you're not in UK or Italy, but no link anywhere, never, thank you."
We played against thier C team though.

We started out with a mostly A team and a B attack,.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

How is this even possible ? A long range headed OG ? Wtf

drippin

How is this even possible ? A long range headed OG ? Wtf
Well not as long-range as a long-range shot. It wasn't anywhere near the goal, but inside the box, almost a perfect header with the top/back of the head from front corner. These things happen.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Yeah, tried to head it away from the goal, but it went into the corner. Could have been avoided with a little communication as there wasn't actually an opposition player behind him to nick it in.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Zinchenko and Tomiyasu appear to always have a minor muscle issue? Zinchenko hasn’t played in like a month how does he still have an issue. Serious case of the Rosickys.
Yeah, just seems like we've replaced an injury prone LB, with an injury prone LB.

We've also gained another injury liability RB.

They are all top players but ffs, why cant we just have players that can handle playing regular for once !

drippin

Zinchenko and Tomiyasu appear to always have a minor muscle issue? Zinchenko hasn’t played in like a month how does he still have an issue. Serious case of the Rosickys.
It was always counted in their transfer fee. Cost like 50 million pounds in total.

Very very good players to have in the squad. Injury-proneness isn't necessarily a life-time sentence.. (waiting).

drippin

Serious case of the Rosickys.
Gotta say one of the reasons I love Arsenal, is Rosicky. One of the loveliest players, like Cazorla.

Arsenal is not City at this point, so getting top players like this, who understand that they can't play all the time and it's for the best of all, is one of the ways to build a comparable squad.

You just can't depend on them as starters basically, and there has to be a balance.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

Serie A >>>>>>> @<<reed>>
Maybe it shows the juve youngsters are better than the 1st team who have been pretty dreadful of late.
You have to say they were very well organised defensively tbf.
Wouldn't want Allegri here though pulling those types of showings.
Only reason he probably hasn't been fired by Juve is they either can't afford to or are waiting for Conte to see out the season with Sp**s?🤔
Came for a 0-0 & they fluked 2 OGs. Sh!t happens.
Arsenal were by far the better football team. Allegri almost makes Conte look like Kevin Keegan ffs.
Our 2nd/3rd string front 3 were not good enough to score against them today but I won't lose too much sleep.

Legend14

Established Member
ESR still out. Why do our players take an eternity to heal up? Where’s Zinchenko?!

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see Jesus again this season.
Thought the same thing. Seems MCL is a quicker recovery. Realistically could be back in full in 3 months. Not counting on this though. We need to sign a scorer.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Not the result we wanted, but it was an important type of match for us to play. Against a low block, without our main players available.

Think the teams did their best, even when the lesser players came on in the second half. We were for the most part able to hold the ball in advanced areas and limit their counter attacks to a handful of cases.

Most worrying is the fitness of Nelson, and Holding in open play. Most encouraging are the contributions from Fabio Vieira, Tierney, and the two kids who came on later on. Thought Marquinhos and Eddie also did ok, with things not completely going their way.

Think Mudryk is a must, and hopefully Smith Rowe, Nelson, Zinchenko and Tomi come back soon. Jesus fit and firing by March gives us something to push for over the next 10 games.

Let’s go Gunners

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Feel a bit more positive today despite the loss and Nelson's injury. Cozier-Duberry and Nwaneri's cameos reminded me that we have another little batch of big talents who can be significant players if we develop them right.

All 3 of Cozier-Duberry, Nwaneri and Lewis-Skelly are the big guns to look out for. I would add Lino Sousa to that, even though he's not a Hale End product and more an example of fantastic recruitment from Per and co. There are others I like in the group (particularly Walters, Awe and Sagoe Jr) but none I expect to dent the first team meaningfully. Walters might have a chance depending on how Norton-Cuffy develops.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
I still remember wenger’s statement..rosicky is out for weeks not months and the lad missed the whole season
But still scored some wonderful goals from long range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom