• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Tottenham - Player Ratings ...

Jameel46

Established Member
beepos said:
Jameel46 said:
Glovegun said:
Hoyte - 8. Generous I know, but he did a very good job out of position at centre-half.

CB is actually his natural position.
Then why the f**k dont we play him there?

i don't know. why you asking me. maybe cause we have gallas, toure, senderos, djourou, song, and the new one wenger will try to blood through, Nordveit. and with Sagna starting and Eboue now a winger, he is the back-up RB.

phenn

beepos said:
Jameel46 said:
Glovegun said:
Hoyte - 8. Generous I know, but he did a very good job out of position at centre-half.

His potential is hampered by his size. When he was at Sunderland I think they used him at CB all year.

That said I'm pretty sure he's a RB.

Jameel46

Established Member
phenn said:
beepos said:
Jameel46 said:
Glovegun said:

His potential is hampered by his size. When he was at Sunderland I think they used him at CB all year.

That said I'm pretty sure he's a RB.

think he did start off as a CB for us, but was converted to a RB.

Invincible

Established Member
Fabianski 7
Hoyte 7
Djourou 4
Senderos 6
Traore 6
Gilberto 5
Diaby 5
Denilson 6
Walcott 6
van Persie 6
Bendtner 6

Sagna 8
Eduardo 6

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jameel46 said:
beepos said:
Wenger 4. For his weak subs bench.

that's a poor reason to give a 4. this is the CC side, so the side we basically already knew.
It's not just the bech weak, but also the starting lineup weren't up to Sp*ds' midfield + Berbatov. Basically Diaby, Gilberto, and Denilson just continued their run since the Burnley game. But this is just the first leg and Wenger had done the right substituion at HT to correct his gamble.

It took two subs to make up the weakness, but the midlfied didn't get better. So I think Wenger will need to put a stronger lineup in the second leg. Two or evern three of the regular XI will have to start in order to match sp*ds at home. The only advantage for Arsenal's second string is that they will have two weeks time of rest. But that won't be enough unless they have some help from some of the the best XI.

Dez

Aren't we being a little harsh. They did get a draw (granted they didn't earn it) against a team that many predicted to finish above us this season (*cough*26 points*cough*).

The team we put out would struggle to make champions league football if it was played year long in the league. I can hear you know saying Blackburn away but sometimes these things happen (West Ham's doubles last season anyone?). They are a good young side but nothing more. These guys should be marked against their own potential not against what Cesc and Toure can do.

bertlb2

Fab: He looks in control when he touches the ball. He may not control his area like a top keeper should, but he can improve that.
Hoyte: I think Justin played LB at Sunderland. Anyway, I think he did very fine today.
Djourou: Poor. What was the point to send him to Birmingham? I give him the benefit of the doubt for this time.
Phil: Indecision at crucial times. If he is given more playing time against decent opposition who wants to score. Not looking good for Switzerland this summer.
Traore: He wants to do too much. Keep it simple, kid! That is twice in a week that he has a difficult game. Lennon is a tough task, though.
Walcott: He can't last the whole game. He should be used more from the bench against tiring opposition. Often clueless with the ball.
Gilberto: I thought he had a decent game. Plaing more should help, obviously. He has a role to play with Denilson and the young guys. I want him to stay, especially if Diarra leaves.
Denilson: Not his best game.
Diaby: I still don't know what Arsène sees in him to continue playing him LM. With Lennon and Chimbonda, we need a true LM who can keep there right side honest. Abou is a threat from outside the box, but other than that, he looks useless. It was an opportunity to play Gibbs.
Nik: I was looking forward seeing him play alongside Robin. But Eduardo maybe is his best partner. He can create things, but not today.
RvP: Good to see him back, but wasn't at his best.

Eduardo: He can be so deadly. Reminds me of Inzaghi.
Sagna: Best RB in the French league last year, best RB in England this year.

Dragon181

Fabianski - 6,5 Played well for most of the game. Lost a corner kick, but other than that, not very much to complain about.

Hoyte - 7 Played decently well at RB, then moved to CB and was a rock there. If for nothing else than his versatility, I'd like to see Hoyte stay on the team.

Djourou - 4,5 At fault for the goal, mis-timed many headers or just missed them. Kept getting caught playing people onside. Horrible game.

Senderos - 6,5 Was marginally at fault for their goal, but otherwise played a very strong and solid game.

Traore - 6,5 Much improved performance. Didn't keep Lennon in his pocket a la Clichy, but never got out-run and was with him the whole game.

Walcott - 6 Goalscorer. Did nothing much else. Kept losing the ball and trying to be fancy/tricky.

Gilberto - 5 Looks old and slow and unmotivated. Where is the Gilberto of old?

Denilson - 6 Was lively and put a lot of effort, but actual results left much to be desired.

Diaby - 5,5 Horrible 70 minutes. Then showed flashes of brilliance.

Bendtner - 6 Worked hard, won every aerial ball, but was crowded out most of the game.

Van Persie - 6,5 Good half, although he got tired at the end. Vision and passing are exquisite, now he needs some games to get match-fit.

Subs:
Eduardo - 6,5 Deadly through pass for the goal. Was lively, but covered pretty well.

Sagna - 6,5 A calming force. And a really needed substitution.

Randall - N/A

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Fabianski 6
Hoyte 5.5
Djourou 4
Phil 5.5
Traore 5.5
Walcott 5
Denilson 5
Gilberto 5
Diaby 4
Bendtner 6
RvP 7

Sagna 7
Eduardo 7

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski 7 - impressive in the first half, not so in the 2nd with one fumble. so 7 not 8
Hoyte 8 - i thought he was ****ing excellent, even in centerback, he headers was donking
Djourou 5 - struggling with injury
Senderos 6 - injured too
Traore 6 - better display than burnley
Walcott 6 - good goal, other than that offered nothing. saved our arse though
Denilson 5 - poor
Gilberto 3 - sell him asap
Diaby 6 - much improved in the 2nd half, showed determination
Bendtner 6.5 - average
Rvp 6.5 - average

Sagna 7
Eduardo 7

gstew

Fabianski 6
Hoyte 7.5
Djourou 5
Phil 5
Traore 6.5
Walcott 6
Denilson 5.5
Gilberto 3.5
Diaby 4.5
Bendtner 7.5
RvP 6

Sagna 7.5
Eduardo 6

Linson

As far as I'm concerned Hoyte is no longer a right-back. He joins my list of centre-backs ahead of Djourou and behind Senderos. After his performance at CB in the 2nd half I wouldn't mind throwing him in against premier league opponents now. Seriously he was superb against Berbatov and has really proven himself.

banduan

Established Member
But Hoyte's RB performance was a disaster.

In the second half Berbatov and Keane both quite visibly tired too.

Christofaux

Fabianski - 6 Doesnt look anywhere near ready for any first team duties.

Traore- 4 People seem to rave about him a fair bit... i dont see why. Hes not quicker then Clichy and his battle with lennon showed that.

Djourou - 4 didnt do much and looked slow at the back

Senderos - 5 Didnt do much more then Djourou

Hoyte - 7 First half was pretty crap but he was alot better in CB. I would have him on the bench over other defenders at the moment for the first team.

Diaby - 6 Looked a bit better on the ball, still looking to do too much with it.

Gilberto - 6 Gives the ball away, a few decent tackles.

Denilson - 6 pretty quiet from him, i would like to see him with flamini behind him.

Theo - 6 Very quiet day, couldnt beat his defender most of the time, had 1 or 2 good turns, scored a lucky goal and that was all he did in the second half.

RVP - 5 Clearly wasnt fit.

Bednter - 6 Decent movement up front but didnt bring alot.

subs

Sagna - 8 Best player on the park for us. Its amazing the leaps and bounds hes coming.

Eduardo - 6 did nothing

Randall - 7 Ill give him a 7 because he seemed to want to get involved, wasn't afraid to get the ball.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom