• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Barcelona | CL QF | Wed 31 March 19:45 | ITV1

ricky1985

Established Member
Captain said:
Two of the midfield three are average passers of the ball. That is the absolute number one problem.
That's incredibly harsh on Song. His forward passing can be a devastating weapon at times, yesterday, even Xavi would have struggled if he was transplanted into our midfield in that first half.

Del Boy

Established Member
Tbf I think he loves Arsenal and he realised how much when he moved. As the saying goes "you don't know what you have until it's gone..."

Don't think he really cares about Barca at all though.

thegame24

Established Member
Thats the big positive, we were at our worst, they were at their best and we drew.

Take them on at the camp.

Alfonso

Established Member
If we beat Barca at the Nou Camp without our 3 best players then it will be Wenger's best result of his Arsenal career.

Rorz

Established Member
Well the only way we're getting to the semis is if we outscore Barca, I don't see how we can sit back when we go over there.

Must say everything's shaping up for one of our memorable European away nights...

thegame24

Established Member
I dont know whether we should start rosicky and bentdner at the camp.

Got a feeling we need eboue at rw and possibly theo on left so that alves and the other prick are scared to bomb forward.

I really think we can punish them.

patrick42uk

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Captain said:
Two of the midfield three are average passers of the ball. That is the absolute number one problem.
That's incredibly harsh on Song. His forward passing can be a devastating weapon at times, yesterday, even Xavi would have struggled if he was transplanted into our midfield in that first half.

I think the real problem, as has been touched on, is that only two of the midfield 3 are playing as midfielders. Cesc hasnt been a midfielder for at least a year now. What happened to the Cesc that got his foot on the ball and dictated games? He's scoring more goals but I wonder if in games such as these we are better off with him playing deeper/

Nela

Established Member
thegame24 said:
I dont know whether we should start rosicky and bentdner at the camp.

Got a feeling we need eboue at rw and possibly theo on left so that alves and the other prick are scared to bomb forward.

I really think we can punish them.
I think we should just go 4-5-1 (or 4-1-4-1 if you prefer) with lots of pace on the wings. Play a much more direct game. Keep it compact centrally so that the person in the Cesc role(probably Nasri) doesn't end up leaving 2 in midfield to do the work against Barca's 3. And look to attack them from wide with pace. We looked pretty dangerous when we were getting crosses in.

Unfortunately I think starting Theo will nullify his threat and impact. But Eboue on the right is a must. And I don't know who we have who is really pacey who can play on the left? Nasri will probably play centrally so that leaves Rosicky. But I would have liked to play a more direct wide player like United like to do.

ricky1985

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
ricky1985 said:
Captain said:

I think the real problem, as has been touched on, is that only two of the midfield 3 are playing as midfielders. Cesc hasnt been a midfielder for at least a year now. What happened to the Cesc that got his foot on the ball and dictated games? He's scoring more goals but I wonder if in games such as these we are better off with him playing deeper/
It's a huge problem, but, I think there's a happy medium between the Cesc, who was a virtual clone of Xavi some time ago, and the Cesc we've seen in recent months. The player we saw when van Persie was in the team was a phenomenal, unique mixture of a playmaking midfielder, and an explosive goals scoring forward.

Nela

Established Member
thegame24 said:
Traore or theo.
I've actually been thinking of Traore, but I doubt Wenger would ever play him. However, he is very quick, a very good crosser and will be able to track Alves' runs in a way that Nasri couldn't.

I watch a lot of Barca's league games and when they play at home, Alves is crucial to how they play. Stopping him is an absolute must.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Its interesting that Barca say this is one of their best performances. Maybe its because they turned up for the occasion. Or maybe its because they rarely meet teams that give them an easier ride. I cannot emphasise how clueless we are without the ball.

Nela

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Its interesting that Barca say this is one of their best performances. Maybe its because they turned up for the occasion. Or maybe its because they rarely meet teams that give them an easier ride. I cannot emphasise how clueless we are without the ball.
Those are my thoughts too. A lot of people are pointing to Guardiola's comments as some sort of comfort that we just happened to come up against a super-human Barca side without asking the question of whether the main reason they were super-human in the first place was us.

James

Established Member
Kain said:
thegame24 said:
Terrible offered no support to the team when they had all the ball, all sitting there ****ting themselves though im not suprised as i reckon half of them wernt arsenal fans.

Hmmm agree with tg24 here, maybe those that went last night can give us some info but it looked like a full force corporate affair. Was disappointed the Rocky Rocastle chant didn't seem to happen at all at least if it did we couldn't hear it, if it didn't it’s a crying shame.
it was sung extremely loudly at half time. A fine example why those sat at home shouldn't really criticise those in attendance. Nothing to critisce in terms of atmosphere really. One of the best i've seen at the emirates. We were subdued at times in awe of their performance, but I'm sure that's the same with everyone, even those sat at home.

Nela

Established Member
Yeah, from what I've read on the various forums and blogs, most who went said that the atmosphere was really great. Apparantly the stewards seems to have adopted a much more lenient approach to night games. Is this true?

Captain

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Captain said:

His passing is very average and that has nothing to do with yesterday or what Xavi would or wouldn't have done.

ricky1985

Established Member
Captain said:
ricky1985 said:
Captain said:

His passing is very average and that has nothing to do with yesterday or what Xavi would or wouldn't have done.
Not for me it isn't. But each to their own.

James

Established Member
Nela said:
Yeah, from what I've read on the various forums and blogs, most who went said that the atmosphere was really great. Apparantly the stewards seems to have adopted a much more lenient approach to night games. Is this true?
Not to the guy stood behind me hah. Like I said in the atmosphere thread which happened to me, someone was stood on the last row of the upper. Had a steward constantly requesting for him to sit down. Ridiculous.

Captain

Established Member
Nela said:
patrick42uk said:
Those are my thoughts too. A lot of people are pointing to Guardiola's comments as some sort of comfort that we just happened to come up against a super-human Barca side without asking the question of whether the main reason they were super-human in the first place was us.

They play teams who give them an 'easier ride' quite often.

Top Bottom