• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Barcelona | CL QF | Wed 31 March 19:45 | ITV1

Gunner_JT

Re: Champions League Quarter Final: Arsenal vs Barcelona

Bring 'em on. I'm really excited at this one.

progman07

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona

lagos said:
Lancelot said:
Can't wait for the actual match. I have a good feeling that we are going to win this tie.

wish I could share your enthusiasm, the worst possible team we could get. I sense a humiliation!
You are all over the place worrying. Listen, we were always going to draw Barca (either now, or in the Semis, or in the Final..), unless they were eliminated sometime by Man Utd, which is even worse.

If we are good enough, we'll win, if we aren't, then no draw would have helped.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

fabo said:
Hopefully Wenger doesn't go with his typical gung-ho crap against Barca.

We need to play a cagey game at home and try and nick it.

Key to beating Barca is playing counter-attack, pressing them like dogs and getting in front in the tie forcing them to leave gaps.

Yep, no more sexy football - I want to see this side grow up and play it smart. If we take on Barca the way we faced United and Chelsea, they will eat us alive.

TOPG

Established Member
Re: CL Quarter Final: Arsenal vs Barcelona

Pressing game works really well against Barcelona. Thats how liverpool beat them at the nou camp a couple of years back...

Accomplished

Established Member

i suppose that if we do go out, it won't be such a mentally horrifying experience for the squad in terms of the EPL, because we're underdogs already...

nidza7

Established Member

if the Gods are with us, then Messi will get a 2 week out knock in next Primera match.

TomasCR

Established Member

The whole world will be watching, time for Arshavin to step up. It's also absolutely vital to keep Fabregas fit, Wenger has to make sure he'll not do his hamstering again and take him off as soon as we're two up tomorrow. Come the **** on now, what a game.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

OMG, I'm so excited.. a very tough draw to the final, but I think we have what it takes to win.. Clichy is going to keep Messi quiet, while Cesc scores the winner at Camp Nou and kisses the badge!!

Wonder how this will influence the league for us though, very far from ideal, but I love these kind of games. The tension and excitement before these kind of games is undescribable..

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

lagos said:
Yeah for a neutral this is the pick of the bunch but I fail to see how any Arsenal fan can possibly think we can overwhelm Barca over 2 legs with the second leg at the Nou camp beyond just wild lunacy!

This is a master V apprentice game

I think differently.

Sure the odds are hugely stacked against us, but we have been in the final before and against them. That team (compared to this year) has grown in leaps and bounds. Sure FCB has swept the floor last year and are looking strong, but we have shown ability against them before.

The key is.. we need to limit their scoring at the Emirates, and beat that tally at the Nou Camp.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

You're fooling yourself if you think Bayern will stop ManU. Only if Rooney and VDS are injured, Bayern have 30% chance of getting through.

This is the toughest possible draw we could get. If we win the title, we would have to beat, Barca, Inter then Manure and Cesc will get Ballon D'or for sure.

**** I am still pissed with the easy Manure route to finals.

Timleaf

Established Member

I'm already thinking about Arshavin drifting in to the space vacated by Alves, Cesc running off Busquets, Vermaelen smashing Messi up in he air. It's gonna be awesome.

But first things first. West Ham tomorrow.

Gurgen

Established Member

It's the ideal draw in many ways.

If we get knocked out it's no big deal, as they are the clear favourites, and we will get to focus on the league with no distractions.

If we beat them it will give us an immense amount of belief for the rest of the season and beyond.

Kraig

Established Member

Cesc to double his transfer value by tearing them a new one home and away, whilst Song kicks six shades of **** out of Messi

The onto Milan to show Maurine who really is the special one!

Finally, Bayern in the final, and onto our first European Cup in the clubs history!

Place your bets now lads, im telling you thats how it happens

Love Mystic Meg (Septic Peg)

yuvken

Established Member

f**n utd free pass to final :evil:

ssoo: Barca - Inter - utd.
No one can say we won it easy.

Ok. let's take a deep breath and get on with it.

Galahad

Wow...epic draw this is...I do feel very bad about facing Barca, we are the underdogs here for sure. But what the ****, we can beat anybody on our day, why shouldnt we beat Barca? I just hope that they wont hammer us. A nice 3-0 to us at home and then I fancy a 4-4 at the Camp Nou.

Good thing is, that I think we will beat both Inter and CSKA if we should face them in the semis. But Barca...well I think the chances are 25-75 of us winning, so its not that unlikely. Cant wait now...want this game to start in 5 minutes :-/ Both actually...home and away.

Accomplished

Established Member

sky sports have a picture of fergie on the front page, they're putting the united tie ahead of ours as "news"

WTF

fabo

6.51 / 10

Accomplished said:
i suppose that if we do go out, it won't be such a mentally horrifying experience for the squad in terms of the EPL, because we're underdogs already...

Exactly. Barca are the best, simple as that. And the nature of the two teams means we'll probably play well in both games unlike say against United who set out to stifle us.

I'd be happier if it was the semi's or final. Fact it's a quarter final makes it look like a huge mountain right now.

I predict we'll play well in both games, score home and away........but I worry about our attack delivering, our midfield working hard enough and our defence making no mistakes. Barca are favourites but we'll see. It's exciting anyway.

Segway

We have to use the same tactics as Chelsea. Kick Messi off the pitch. I'm a hypocritic I know but we won't have a chance if we allow him any space.

Invincibles

Its a very tough draw, and the route to the semi's and the final is the hardest for sure. I think if we get that far, that will be a massive achievement in its self.

I dont know, maybe its me and blind faith that we will do it, but i got a feeling that we will beat Barca over 2 legs. They are not the only team that can play football, on our day we are as good as anyone.

COME ON U GUNNERS

Top Bottom