• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Barcelona | CL QF | Wed 31 March 19:45 | ITV1

caldeltatrojan

Re: CL Quarter Final: Arsenal vs Barcelona

Get ready to hear endless amounts of Cesc/Barca talk. Now they will be asked about it daily and get their little comments in...

Gazza Martinez

Established Member

I think we are better equipped to deal with a pass and move team like Barca in comparison to a more direct, cut and thrust team like United. I actually think we're a decent shout here.

vantoure

this might be a little plus though

The second leg of the last-clash clash will come just days before Barca face their crucial el clasico showdown with Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

lagos

Established Member

vantoure said:

The second leg of the last-clash clash will come just days before Barca face their crucial el clasico showdown with Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

and don't we play Sp**s after?

ibby

Established Member

vantoure said:

For Real Madrid. That has no bearing on this tie whatsoever.

TOPG

Established Member

Webdesignlab said:
The chances of winning are slimmer than Ally McBeal but who cares? Losing to them is no shame and we get to play a great game.

Nope are chances of winning are not slimmer. On our day we can beat anyone in the world. Look Fulham beat last years Uefa cup winners Shaktar and Juventus nobody expect that. Liverpool beat Barcelona a couple of years back at the Nou Camp with Bellamy, Kuyt etc nobody expected that. I think we can beat Barcelona and im very confident that we can....

marco

come on uefa hurry the **** up!what day is the game!!

fabo

6.51 / 10

vantoure said:

Don't know if it's a plus really.

Maybe for Madrid.

I mean they're not gonna be resting anyone in a CL match against us.

ricky1985

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona

fabo said:
Hopefully Wenger doesn't go with his typical gung-ho crap against Barca.

We need to play a cagey game at home and try and nick it.

Key to beating Barca is playing counter-attack, pressing them like dogs and getting in front in the tie forcing them to leave gaps.
Hell no! What better time to test our football, engage in a proper game of open, attractive football, than against the very best? No sitting deep, staying narrow, kicking every thing that moves, it's us against them in a proper game of football.

For anyone saying they hope Messi is injured, come on, you don't want to see the best player in the world go up against our team? If I'm lucky enough to be at the Emirates to see this game I want to see the best of what Barcelona have against the best of what my team has, and may the best team win.

Stop worrying about United. Who gives a ****?

progman07

Established Member

lagos said:
vantoure said:

and don't we play Sp**s after?

10 Sat Barclays Premier League A Tottenham Hotspur 12:45 SS1
(If Sp**s reach the FA Cup Semi Finals this match will be played on Wednesday April 14 at 8pm)

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

progman07 said:
When will Barca play Real in La Liga?

Barca play Real on April 10

Here's our schedule

30/31 March Arsenal - Barcelona
03 April Arsenal - Wolves
06/07 April Barcelona - Arsenal

10 April Tottenham - Arsenal
(If Sp**s reach the FA Cup Semi Finals this match will be played on Wednesday April 14 at 8pm)

We can rest few players for the return leg for Barca as our home game vs. Wolves is winnable, while Barca might be tempted to rest one or two of their for their Real Madrid tie.

Nevertheless its interesting.

vantoure

the more i think about it, the more i become fairly confident.

I agree with Gazza.

ibby

Established Member

I think many fans are doing us a disservice. We're not an average nobody in Europe. Barcelona will be just as pissed with the draw as us.

TOPG

Established Member

Gunner_JT said:
So our run of games are going to be:

Birmingham Away
Barcelona CL
Wolves home
Barcelona CL
Spuds Away

At least we have Wolves in between. A confidence booster...

Accomplished

Established Member

Lancelot said:
We rarely concede from an open play with nice build-ups. Unless Barca turn into this master of hoof kind of team, then I'm confident that we won't concede as much as some would believe we will.

to be fair, it's primarily because no one actually bothers to do that against us...

vantoure

ibby said:
vantoure said:

For Real Madrid. That has no bearing on this tie whatsoever.

Nope, i dont think they'll rest players
but i think their concentration might be affected a bit.

Depends on the first league really

But its true we'll also have to deal with Sp**s. Make or break it could be

Top Bottom