• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Chelsea |FA Community Shield| 06/08/2017 | 14:00 BST (13:00 UTC) | BT Sport

Who will win?

• Arsenal after 90 minutes

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Arsenal will win on penalties

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Chelsea will win on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chelsea after 90 minutes

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewarwoowar

Unfortunately as far as I understand he won't serve any ban for that red. The Charity Shield is treated as just it's own entity and not related to the other competitions. Hence why Koscielny could have played today. Pedro won't get any further punishment.

Pretty dangerous when you think about it, if you have a player with a grudge. That player could go and do some serious damage to another without any retribution other than going off for that game
Commentator said two yellows don't carry through to the league, but straight red for violent conduct does.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That was an very encouraging and perhaps surprising performance, taking into accounts the starting line up. Deserved win as well. Who would have bet on AFC winning a penalty shoot out with Courtois in goal for CFC and Cech for Arsenal? ;)
Some strong performances for a number of our players today!
I am sure this may have been mentioned here already, but Ramsey's absence may have been a blessing in disguise. ElNeny was very good today and contributed greatly to our domination in CM. Perhaps, it may be worth revisiting this Xhaka-ElNeny pairing next week.
(Who am I kidding....Arséne will start his favorite son as soon he is back in from his knock.....:lol:
Happy to say I was wrong about Elneny and maybe if he gets a run of games he might keep that level up.

His positional sense is so much better than Ramsey and that shot was amazing.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
There's something about the way we play there, and I can't quite put words into what it is yet. If we played with the same maturity, determination and concentrataion during the whole season at the Emirates, I've no doubt in my mind that we'd win the league.
I'm certain it's mostly mental for our players. Sometimes they think it's job to be easy and get surprised when the other team decides to make a show of it. Other times they think the other team is better and then don't really try.

It's really crazy what they do. If we had 4 games remaining in the league and the matches were against City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United, I'd expect us to win all of them if we were already first.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Unfortunately as far as I understand he won't serve any ban for that red. The Charity Shield is treated as just it's own entity and not related to the other competitions. Hence why Koscielny could have played today. Pedro won't get any further punishment.

Pretty dangerous when you think about it, if you have a player with a grudge. That player could go and do some serious damage to another without any retribution other than going off for that game
From the way I hear it, that's not exactly the case. If you got sent off for 2 yellows then you wouldn't serve a ban. On the other hand, a straight red for violent conduct does lead to a ban.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

From the way I hear it, that's not exactly the case. If you got sent off for 2 yellows then you wouldn't serve a ban. On the other hand, a straight red for violent conduct does lead to a ban.

Yeah spot on he is going to serve a ban

Ewarwoowar

Arsenal v Chelsea highlights: Community Shield, Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Özil, Aaron Ramsey snub explained
PREMIER LEAGUE

• August 7, 2017 12:17am
e0b8ab9f2ffa4d1681ad9785ac501b5e

Alexis Sanchez of Arsenal looks on from the bench prior to the The FA Community Shield final.Source: Getty Images
ALEXIS Sanchez faces a race to be fit for Arsenal’s Premier League opener against Leicester on Friday after sitting out the Community Shield, Arsène Wenger has confirmed.

The Chile international was one of a number of players given a watching brief on Sunday as the Gunners beat Chelsea on penalties to lift the Community Shield at Wembley.

Sanchez only returned to pre-season training on Tuesday following his involvement in the Confederations Cup.

Asked whether the absentees would feature against the Foxes Wenger said: “Overall, we will see.”

636552_640x360_large_20170807075309.jpg

Gunners win Community Shield

2:38
“I left them all out because some are short of preparation like Alexis Sanchez.

“Mesut had a kick on his ankle which was swollen and he couldn’t practice yesterday. He has a little chance to play on Friday night.

“Ramsey has a chance but I think he could be short as well.”

695e958ea6ebafbef82e2341b8d97bc7

Arsenal's Brazilian defender Gabriel, (L), Arsenal's Chilean striker Alexis Sanchez (C) and Arsenal's German defender Shkodran Mustafi.Source: AFP
In the absence of Sanchez, summer signing Alexandre Lacazette impressed on his first competitive game for the Gunners.

The Frenchman was unfortunate not to score his first goal on English soil, striking the post in the first half at the end of a flowing counter-attack.

“Lacazette is stronger every week,” Wenger added. “He had an interesting game today. I believe today is the first time that you have seen physically that he is ready.

d682cf5f9584a8629725e6fb2b5f711a

Thibaut Courtois of Chelsea and Alexandre Lacazette of Arsenal colide while both attempting to get to the ball.Source: Getty Images
“He still needs to adapt to the intensity of the game but overall he had very interesting moves and I believe that after what we have seen today he will become stronger and stronger.”

Another Gunner who caught the eye was summer recruit Sead Kolasinac.

The Bosnian, brought on in place of the injured Per Mertesacker, endeared himself to the Gunners faithful with a robust performance, littered with energetic runs from deep and capped by scoring the equaliser.

636550_640x360_large_20170807075726.jpg

Mertesacker cops Cahill elbow

0:49
“He came on well. He is normally a wing-back, full-back but he can as well play as a centre-back,” Wenger said.

“He had a very interesting performance last week and I had a hesitation about playing him because I thought maybe Wembley with the pressure, but when he came on he was outstanding.

“He is physical very strong, naturally. You have players who are pumped up in the gym and you have players who are born strong. He is the second part.

636561_640x360_large_20170807074201.jpg

Courtois' penalty shocker

0:35
“In the Premier League the power plays a part but it is not only that. I took him too because of attitude.

“The game does not tolerate as many weaknesses as it did 20 years ago. You need the combination of talent and attitude.

“He looks to me like he has the talent but also has a very strong attitude.”

Read more at Sky Sports UK.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Before Pedro got the red I was screaming at the TV that our players should be trying to kill him not help him - I think Xhaka was stretching his leg out?

I was reliably informed by a younger person next to me that "It's not the old days anymore"and I should "calm down"

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Courtois really took that penalty like a goal kick didn't he? I'm not saying that because he skyed it. He put his weight on his heels, everybody knows that way the ball is going to go high. You need to put your body over the ball to keep it low. Really weird to let him take it if he gets the basics so wrong.

Ewarwoowar

Before Pedro got the red I was screaming at the TV that our players should be trying to kill him not help him - I think Xhaka was stretching his leg out?

I was reliably informed by a younger person next to me that "It's not the old days anymore"and I should "calm down"

That's right We haven't tried to kill a Chelski player for at least 2 weeks,

gif-750x500-ospina_2.gif

TintedOpenCur.gif

By todays standard in the days of drama saturation in perceived horological unit of currency, that's a whole ******* lifetime!

I only joke, tbh honest this is some serious ****, lucky no one got seriously injured, except Pedro never learnt from it, still a ****!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We were losing, he wanted the little dirt bag to get up instead of playing injured.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Arsenal V Chelsea has to be one of the highest red card game matches.

Off the top of my head:

Gibbs for Ox's handball
Cazorla double foul
Paulista kicks Costa
Mertesacker tackles the last man
Moses dives
Pedro studs tackle

Anything else?
Vieira was sent off back in the day, I think 02/03. I remember because Kolo Toure had just signed and was running around like a headless chicken. They had someone sent off in 06/07 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom