• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Chelsea |FA Community Shield| 06/08/2017 | 14:00 BST (13:00 UTC) | BT Sport

Who will win?

• Arsenal after 90 minutes

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • Arsenal will win on penalties

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Chelsea will win on penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chelsea after 90 minutes

Votes: 21 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wasn't a shot
:lol: This forum :rolleyes:

Firstly, you should have said, 'I don't think it was a shot'

Secondly the Guardian 2015 football columnist of year can't be wrong.

59 min Bellerin crosses from the right - dangerously - but Chelseaclear. Except Elneny turns up in a similar position and looks to attempt the same thing - perhaps he does - but Courtois is off his line and he strikes across the ball, hard, turning it into a shot; Courtois does really well to get behind it and punch away.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

:lol: This forum :rolleyes:

Firstly, you should have said, 'I don't think it was a shot'

Secondly the Guardian 2015 football columnist of year can't be wrong.

59 min Bellerin crosses from the right - dangerously - but Chelseaclear. Except Elneny turns up in a similar position and looks to attempt the same thing - perhaps he does - but Courtois is off his line and he strikes across the ball, hard, turning it into a shot; Courtois does really well to get behind it and punch away.
Wasn't a shot

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Forgot we lost to this lot in a friendly. Bet they were feeling cocky.

arsmile

Established Member
i watched the match of the day highlights as well just then (mistake!)

I got thoroughly annoyed at Lawrenson (why even invest an emotional reaction at his nonsense!!??) at his 'arsenal just don't have any leaders' answer to why arsenal wont win the title.

look- we're way off winning the title probably- but that leader line isn't fair is it? we were against Chelsea- who just sold their club captain and are shipping out their main influences up top and in midfield- they have no leaders- they are the team whose mentality went to bits in the penalty shoot out whilst we stayed calm and composed.

we only looked poor in the game for about 10 mins when our captain (leader) got injured- isn't that a sign that he is a leader? then with half a dozen or so influential first teamers missing nacho/cech still took control at the back- kolasinac imposed himself on the game- not to mention xhaka who ran the whole entire absolute show.

just such nonsense.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
i watched the match of the day highlights as well just then (mistake!)

I got thoroughly annoyed at Lawrenson (why even invest an emotional reaction at his nonsense!!??) at his 'arsenal just don't have any leaders' answer to why arsenal wont win the title.

look- we're way off winning the title probably- but that leader line isn't fair is it? we were against Chelsea- who just sold their club captain and are shipping out their main influences up top and in midfield- they have no leaders- they are the team whose mentality went to bits in the penalty shoot out whilst we stayed calm and composed.

we only looked poor in the game for about 10 mins when our captain (leader) got injured- isn't that a sign that he is a leader? then with half a dozen or so influential first teamers missing nacho/cech still took control at the back- kolasinac imposed himself on the game- not to mention xhaka who ran the whole entire absolute show.

just such nonsense.
Most of these pundits aren't the sharpest tools in the box, and just repeat the same old stuff because they've got to talk about something.

Arsenal are mentally weak, no leaders, Wenger doesn't do tactics, can't beat the big sides, various managers have Wenger's number . . . none of it holds up to scrutiny. A steaming pile of dung.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
The leader line is just an easy 'go to' excuse at the moment. The real reason we won't challenge for the title is neglecting key areas on the pitch and the lack of proper depth in midfield as well as the current club mentality from the club hierachy.

We have leaders. We have a lot more leaders that we had about five years ago. We lack desire, ambition and focus, all that is much more individually important than leadership, imo. That isn't something that the team is entirely responsible for either.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I guarantee you if Gazidis waved a sizable "Title winning bonus" to be split between the team at the end of the season we'd suddenly become much more focused and have a lot more desire.

Linson

I guarantee you if Gazidis waved a sizable "Title winning bonus" to be split between the team at the end of the season we'd suddenly become much more focused and have a lot more desire.

These guys are on millions a year, I don't think financial reward will add that much to their intensity

MATHEO

I really think that Wenger counts one of Kolasinac/Monreal as a LCB, which means that there is a need for another LWB

And while I don't see him benching Ramsey or sign a player for £50m only to bench him, I think he sees Lemar as a potential starting LWB

Ox stinked as a LWB yesterday, and to a lesser extent Welbeck also did as an AM

Meanwhile, Xhaka along our 4th choice CM dominated midfield against PL champions

Speaks volumes about our squad needs.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I really think that Wenger counts one of Kolasinac/Monreal as a LCB, which means that there is a need for another LWB

Ox stinked as a LWB yesterday, and to a lesser extent Welbeck also did as an AM

Meanwhile, Xhaka along our 4th choice CM dominated midfield against PL champions

Speaks volumes about our squad needs.

Another LWB? Say what?

Kolasianc/Monreal first choice. Ox can fill in. While we're getting rid of Gibbs. Would be more than silly to sign another one.

coolaa

Another LWB? Say what?

Kolasianc/Monreal first choice. Ox can fill in. While we're getting rid of Gibbs. Would be more than silly to sign another one.

I would rather loan Gibbs for half a season. Ox does not play well as LWB(only RWB looks good). Monreal is getting old, maybe we should just keep Gibbs until we find a replacement for Monreal. Even if Kolasinac is the back up for Monreal, it would not be enough. Do not forget that we're Arsenal, the worst injury list in the league =]

Gegen Pressing

Would work better if that bonus went directly to the fans . home support is key to us winning again. That would be genius from Gazidis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom